Hey there! Just bought one of these slide-panel MP3/MP4/Camera PMPs off eBay.
I want to like this thing, I really do... the concept
of being able to play NES games on this, as well as have all my music, videos, and a very nice camera is great...
...but there's some persistent and nagging things about it that are making me want to attack this device.
• Lack of support for multiple subdirectories when viewing MP3s/Videos/Pics (outside the basic 1)
• Lack of being able to modify volume when playing games(always maxed)
• Lack of any zooming options for images larger than the resolution of the screen
• Lack of advanced fast forward/rewind to navigate through larger video files faster
• The "Forward" and "Rewind" doing the exact opposite of what they should
• No playlist creation/editing/streaming
• No "Resume Playback" from the last opened media file
My Sony PSP can't do multiple subdirectories either, and I was told it was because of RAM restrictions... but I'm not quite sure I believe that, because my Nokia N-Gage supports as many multiple subdirectories as I could ever want, and it's technically inferior to the PSP (and probably this thing too)...
Thing that gives me hope is that none of these are flaws with the physical unit, so I'm thinking they could be fixed with these "ever-so-ambiguously spoken of" Firmware Upgrades.
I did a more thorough search of the included CD, and found that it does, in fact, include an upgrader... thing is, it kept giving me "Device not detected" errors.
Browsing around the forums, I noticed a glaring difference... that the creator of whatever FAQ I was checking when trying to upgrade... his PMP showed up as a USB (2.0) FS ADFU USB driver or something like that, and mine was showing up as the expected USB Mass Storage Device.
Uprooting the CD even further, I found those USB (2.0) FS ADFU USB drivers I needed, but they're only supported by... WINDOWS 98
I tried installing it, only to have my computer crashed. It did let me install it as a USB ADFU device, but apparently, that's useless since it just continued to give me yet another error "Device switching failed, reconnect device please!"... to make matters worse, in the (craptacular) manual that came with it, it displayed a "Tools>System Upgrade" function which is not present in MY tools.
Am I gonna have to find this non-existant manufacturer and start choking them?
Please tell me someone has found these ADFU drivers for 2K or XP...