Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Can this PMP record video?

Reply to topic

Jake of All Trades

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:10 pm   Post subject:  Can this PMP record video? Back to top 

I'm seriously considering purchasing this player --> 1GB 3.0" TFT PMP Game Player w/Mp3/Mp4/DV/Camera MG1.

But I want to know for sure if it can record video. It has a port labeled "AV In", but we all know how much that means Rolling Eyes Can anyone confirm or deny this capability?

Also, any other information on it would be great. I'd love to know what chip it is running, and what user opinions you all might have of it. Thanks!

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Jake , i won't really trust the pictures, as most sellers use generic pictures (rather than actual pictures) for a similar batch of players they are selling.

Have not seen any players with AV In recording yet. I have a similar player, but only has AV Out. However i could only get the sound to play on a TV and not the images.

I guess it would be better to ask the seller directly for the recording function.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Panama Jack

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:11 pm   Post subject:  Re: Can this PMP record video? Back to top 

I have a 2GB player that looks exactly like that one and it has an A/V IN and OUT and can record from a video/audio source.

My problem is the one I own is supposed to be upgradeable to play SNES games via a download. Unfortunately none of the documentation that came with it included a site to download the upgrade. It plays NES games just fine but the 16 bit SNES games would be better.

It's a nice player but it would be nice to find out where to download the game player update. :p The auction you linked to claims it plays both NES and SNES games. When I bought this one it said almost the same thing but tacked on the work UPGRADEABLE before SNES.

If anyone knows where you can go to download the upgrade I would appreciate it.

Download Post  No rating  
Jake of All Trades

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Mmm, thanks for the info! At the last minute, however, I found a JXD638 for the same price so I went with that. Wise choice?

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Panama Jack , i don't really think that a firmware upgrade would be able to allow the SNES roms to be played on the player. A jump from 8-bit to 16-bit processing might require a different chipset. Not sure if the chipset installed in your player would be able to handle 16-bits.
Most manufacturers/sellers would advert a so called "update" or "upgrade", which in actual fact does not exist, except for the branded players like Meizu, Teclast, Onda, etc.

Jake , the JXD638 seems a better player. However i don't think it plays any NES roms though.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
zenitraM

Spain
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lattesurf wrote (View Post): › Panama Jack , i don't really think that a firmware upgrade would be able to allow the SNES roms to be played on the player. A jump from 8-bit to 16-bit processing might require a different chipset. Not sure if the chipset installed in your player would be able to handle 16-bits.
Most manufacturers/sellers would advert a so called "update" or "upgrade", which in actual fact does not exist, except for the branded players like Meizu, Teclast, Onda, etc.

Jake , the JXD638 seems a better player. However i don't think it plays any NES roms though.

Well, it depends. Sunplus ones have a 166Mhz ARM core, and already emulate NES (and in some cases GB/GBC). And on ARM you could theoretically code anything, for example, the GP32 has also got an ARM core and 8mb of RAM (more or less the same specs as those players) and it can emulate GB, GBC, NES, Megadrive at a decent speed, SNES a bit slowly.. The power is not on the core but on the code instead.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic