Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals?

Reply to topic

realdude

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 pm   Post subject:  Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals? Back to top 

Hello,

We are looking for a company to work with that can provide us with at least 10,000 MP4 players and 70,000 mini SD cards this year. We need quality, service and the ability to customize the player interface. We need to be able to add our logo to the start-up screen and change or add a menu item.

We are looking for 2GB 2.4+ inch screen and the standard text, images, video, audio, voice recorder, built in speaker, FM radio, multi-language and memory card slot.

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions on who we can work with.

Thanks, Dan

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals? Back to top 

Have a look at Global Sources as well as EC21 for a comprehensive listing of MP4 player manufacturers.

However, it can't be guaranteed that they are good and reliable suppliers though.

I would recommend getting some samples first to make sure problems are good and that the supplier is good.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
realdude

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals? Back to top 

Thank you, I will sort through these sites. Appreciate your help.

Dan

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:42 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals? Back to top 

You can also try : UXcell as well.

They have sponsored our site with prizes in the past and are a good manufacturer as well.

I'll PM you the contact at UXcell and you can talk to him directly and he might be able to sort you out with some samples and a good price.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Some pointers to note:

1. When you get a quote, don't always go on their initial price they give you. I've managed to bargain down the price after telling them I could get it elsewhere cheaper. You'll be surprised how quickly they can change their price to match it too.

2. Ask for what you want. Don't assume. I've always asked for the correct power adapter for New Zealand and they've been able to supply it.

3. Ask for SAMPLES firstly. It will cost alittle more, but it will give you a good indication how reliable they are, what their product looks like and how it works. I've had some samples from some suppliers that were good quality and some weren't all that great. So you know who I went with?

4. For reassurance, find the office number, ring them and ask for the person who you have emailing to make sure that they still work for that company and are legit! If you find you're not getting anyone, no one picks up the phone or the person doesn't work there, then I would keep away from them.

5. Ask them to send you photos of the player from their own digital camera. Players tend to look different from the Photoshop cropped up photos you see on the websites. Plus, if they are serious about doing business with you, it will not be an inconvenient to them to get the photos taken and sent to you.

6. Ask for an upgrade of the earphones as generally the ones that are standard with the players are poor quality and cheap. It would cost you $0.50-$1.00 more, but it'll be worth it.

Hope that helps you.
Wish you all the best for your venture.

Download Post  No rating  
Hugo Hoffmann

Austria
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 pm   Post subject:  Inquiry for manufacturer with ability to customize interface Back to top 

Hi guys,

I followed your conversation with interest!
Allow me to ask, if you found a manufacturer yet?

I'm as well searching for a manufacturer who gives us the option of creating our own interface with additonal functionality. Can you give me some advice where to start!?

I guess, we would need a kind of development environment. Do you know of IDEs for these units!?

Kind regards, Hugo

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:23 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for a quality Company to work with - Referrals? Back to top 

Hi Hugo,

I found during my search was that there are LOT of "manufacturers" of these MP4 players. I put "manufacturers" in quotes because they're not really manufacturers, more like assembly plants. What they do is buy parts like chipset boards, screens, memory etc and assemble them/put them together and label them as their own or leave them as unbranded.

So the biggest problem is getting a hold of the chip manufacturer that will customise the player for you. Some manufacturers can do it, but it's just a matter of paying the chipset manufacturer to have it done really.

I found that doing business over the internet is really difficult, especially in China. If you really want things like customised and access to the firmware etc, you are better off going to China and meeting with them yourself. That would be the best bet and you know what you're getting. You won't want to be rip off as well.

Also, I've been told that a lot of these "manufacturers" close shop OFTEN! A lot of them close each year, but more 'pop up' in that year too... Wonder if there is a pattern....? Wink

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic