Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

8gb 3rd Gen Clones

Reply to topic

Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:15 am   Post subject:  8gb 3rd Gen Clones Back to top 

Hey guys, just wanted to inform all of you that Tiny Deal has updated their site with some new players. They now have 8gb 3rd gen clones. I'm not completely sure but I am certain that they have to be 95% real. I just bought a white Glacier 8gb from them and it was real!!! I even did the hack removing method to double check. Also, I paid $60.99 for my Glacier, now its $50.99!!! That's a steal IMO. Since I just bought the Glacier I can't go about buying this to test it out. If somebody wanted to give it a test it would help out the community a lot. Here's the website if you didn't already know:

www.tinydeal.com

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Hellfromabove,

Thanks.
Have you also tried filling it up to the max to also make sure it plays all the files as well? That's also a good test just in case the guys got clever and found a way to 'by-pass' the format tool. I also doubt that it would be hacked, but it's good to know.

Also, as far as I know, the "Glacier" branded players are actually a UXcell name. I didn't know that tinydeal also used them as well.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

TinyDeal don't actually call there version the 'Glacier' I think that just what Hellfromabove likes to refer them to.

I am assuming he got this player: http://www.tinydeal.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=160

By the way Admin, I should be receiving my first order from TinyDeal tomorrow so I will do the formatting etc and try to keep everyone posted.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey nzer_4_lyf,

Good to see another Kiwi on the site as well Smile.

Look forward to hearing about your player once you have it from TinyDeal.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Lol I am proud to be a kiwi Razz

I actually ordered 4 players, 3x 2GB and 1x 4GB.

You must have a massive collection of MPX Players!

Download Post  No rating  
Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, the only reason I call it a Glacier was because someone on the forums told me that was the name they usually go by. Also, I just tried to put over 4gbs on the player. I put a game I downloaded on the player and when I opened the rar to extract the game no error message poped up. This usually happens with hacked palyers.

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My order got delivered today Smile

I am very happy, the players all had genuine memory and were actually pretty good quality- better than most players with Actions Chipsets.

Download Post  No rating  
Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

nzer_4_lyf wrote (View Post): ›
My order got delivered today Smile

I am very happy, the players all had genuine memory and were actually pretty good quality- better than most players with Actions Chipsets.

Glad to hear that nzer. Man, this site keeps getting better and better. I am trying to convince my sister into selling off her chipod I bought her for Xmas. I got it on Ebay and it was labeled "4gb" but once I got it it was a hacked 2gb. At least it was 2gb. I returned it with shipping at my expense for a non hacked one. I got back a new player with same 2gb hack. I kept it and the guy refunded me $25. Anyway, I'm trying to see if my sister can sell it off for the same amount as the chipod 3rd gen 8gb so I can buy this and test it out. I'd do it but I'm trying to save money.

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am going to e-mail them later on and ask them if they can get retail boxes instead of plain boxes.

Download Post  No rating  
Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

nzer_4_lyf wrote (View Post): › I am going to e-mail them later on and ask them if they can get retail boxes instead of plain boxes.

Razz BIG UPS TO YOU ON THAT!!! Hope they say yes.

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Lol they replied back saying it will cost an extra $8 USD per player.

Download Post  No rating  
jbean

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

No one has had any problem with the tiny deal clones not charging? I just got mine yesterday, and it WON'T CHARGE...no matter what I do.

Is there any way to fix this? I emailed them and they said to turn it off...I already did this...I've tried everything.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

jbean,

Have you tried charging using botht he USB cable and the wall charger as well? Sometimes it could be a faulty cable or adapter that's causing the problem.

Also try another computer instead just in case it's the USB port on the computer.

Download Post  No rating  
jbean

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have tried both...I haven't tried in the car yet....with my phone charger...it's the same usb cable size. The usb on my computer works for everything else, though. Even my previous mp3 player.

It's pretty disappointing. Thanks for replying!

Edited to add, it appears to be charging now...but will only do so in fm radio mode. Do you think it's actually charging...or draining. I just don't get it. Sad

Download Post  No rating  
jbean

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

So, I got an email from them today, asking if they sent me a new battery if I could find someone to change it.

Anyone know how hard this is going to be? At this point I'm just so happy to hopefully get this taken care of.

It looks like the 2nd gen nano, just for reference.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic