Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Help! What player do I have? Nothing like it anywhere!!!

Reply to topic

trinogt

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:29 pm   Post subject:  Help! What player do I have? Nothing like it anywhere!!! Back to top 

I have no clue what this player is. It has 2GB storage. My mom lives in Thailand and sent it to me for Christmas. Took me over an hour to find the language menu and change it to English! lol
It uploads and plays MP3's just great (drag and drop), and the games work well. It has a mini SD slot, a seemingly rare 2.5 mm headphone jack, and USB port. Comes with software (MTV converter)??? Why MTV when it has a sample .avi that works fine?
I have been trying to upload video but get format error every time. The sample AVI video is awesome, apparently in DivX when I view Properties in Windows, but when I try to convert other material to AVI in DivX codec, I get same format error. Can someone help me identify this? Came with no instructions at all, and sticker on back reads "digilife". Thanks! Cool forum here.
Sorry, my crappy 5.0 mega pixel Kodak camera takes crappy pics right now!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You have got a Rockchip player.

Download Aviconverter from this website and set the resolution to 320x240 in Aviconverter before you convert your videos to avi format, then copy them to your player.

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Help! What player do I have? Nothing like it anywhere!!! Back to top 

Do you have a picture ANYWHERE that looks like mine? I have been looking for days now, trying to come up with the actual name, model, etc...

Also, I tried the aviconverter but still no go... I used one converter to take a sample video from youtube, then this one to convert to avi for my player. Nuts!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Check the properties of your avi's they should be 320x240 to match the player.
try this sample rockchip avi video:-
http://www.mympxplayer.org/sample-rockchip-video-crazy-frog-we-are-the-champions-df628.html

The player is an unbranded Rockchip player, dealextreme.com has some similar looking players.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9323

Download Post  No rating  
herkdrvr

USA US Washington
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Help! What player do I have? Nothing like it anywhere!!! Back to top 

I've seen this player and it's clones all over Shanghai. You don't really need to know the manufacturer as you already know it's a Rockchip player.

To successfully convert video, you have to make sure you have all the parameters EXACTLY right, or you get the file error. Looking at the properties of the working sample video will help.

I'm not an expert, but here is what worked for my Rockchip player. First, none of the converter software worked on my computer. I obtained Fair Use Wizard to convert DVD's to an .avi format, making sure the output was Xvid (http://fairusewizard.com/lang_en/). I set the output from Fair Use Wizard to the best I could get on the freeware version, but I guess you don't really have to. I found

Then I used viDrop encoder (http://skss.freehostia.com/) to further convert the down to the right size and audio output. For it all to work, you have to make sure the output size is right (probably 320X240) and the FPS low enough to keep the sound in synch, probably no higher then 22. You have to make sure the output audio codec is mp2. The downside is it takes about two hours to convert one DVD.

If you search this forum, there are more specific instructions and I'm sure the really sharp folks here will correct anything I said that is incorrect. There are some settings in Fair Use Wizard that make it a bit better, as well as viDrop. PM me if you decide to try this route and I'll dig them up. I've converted many DVD movies and they all seem to work fine. Good luck!

Download Post  No rating  
leeboy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, I also have a rockchip player that came with aviconverter 2 & 3. I can convert OK on my PC but loading to my player I get the file format error message! I have formatted the player via my PC has this erased anything needed to play video's ? If so can I reload ?

Download Post  No rating  
herkdrvr

USA US Washington
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

leeboy wrote (View Post): ›
Hi, I also have a rockchip player that came with aviconverter 2 & 3. I can convert OK on my PC but loading to my player I get the file format error message! I have formatted the player via my PC has this erased anything needed to play video's ? If so can I reload ?

There is nothing on the player that would affect video playback that I'm aware. Rockchip players must have the video formated exactly or you get the format error message. For my player, you must use Xvid (not Divx), 22 fps or less, and audio output must be mp2. I think there are settings in the aviconverter and you can play with them to get an output that works. I don't use aviconverter 'cause it doesn't work on my laptop. However I suspect that if you are converting an avi file to one that will (hopefully) play on your mp4 player, the converter may not convert a divx file to xvid. In that case you'll have to find another program. In any case, here is a thread that is a nice discussion on aviconverter and conversion in general: http://www.mympxplayer.org/avi-converter-problems-vt7434.html

Good luck!

Download Post  No rating  
leeboy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for that.....my player has a 2.4" screen so what settings do I use?

Download Post  No rating  
herkdrvr

USA US Washington
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

leeboy wrote (View Post): ›
Thanks for that.....my player has a 2.4" screen so what settings do I use?

Look at the properties of the sample video that came with the device. Right click on the file and select properties and you'll find the video size (probably 320X240). Go with what you know already works.

Download Post  No rating  
leeboy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have erased the sample file that was pre loaded!!!!!! I've tried alot of converters with no success but feel I may need to look at the resolution settings. I was worried I may deleted something important when I formatted the player!

Download Post  No rating  
herkdrvr

USA US Washington
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Go here and download sample video's until you get one that works correctly. Then look at the resolution. http://www.mympxplayer.org/sample-videos-dc7.html

Download Post  No rating  
leeboy

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

OK will do thanks for your help so far Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Sweater

Canada CA Quebec
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi!

It seems that we have the same player except mine is black. Here's a thread about it where you could also find info on how to convert the videos: http://www.mympxplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=8027

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic