Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Touch Key players - what do you think about this control?

Reply to topic

Tikker

Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:22 am   Post subject:  Touch Key players - what do you think about this control? Back to top 

I'm considering this model for purchase:
http://www.acme.eu/?id=10&&menu=45&submenu=45&item=359
(I don't know whose "clone" this player is, ideas are welcome)

In specification seller mentiones "touch key" control of the player.

What "touch key" actually is? Is that another name for "sensor keys" as used for example in LG Chocolate series of mobile phones?

I talked with owners of LG phones and most of them are very disappointed with sensor buttons, saying about numerous errors and bugs.

Who has experience with those touch key MP4 players? Would you recommend using them? How reliable they are compared to players with traditional buttons?

Specifically - is "fast forward" or "rewind" function in audio and movie files works well with touch keys?

Download Post  No rating  
Tikker

Germany
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

As alternative I consider this "noname" model:
http://www.acme.eu/?id=10&&menu=45&submenu=45&item=327
which is almost the same, but with smaller screen (2.2 vs 2.4") and has no "touch key". It also features SD/MMC vs MicroSD in touchkey model.

Download Post  No rating  
herkdrvr

USA US Washington
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 am   Post subject:  Re: Touch Key players - what do you think about this control Back to top 

I recently obtained the Gemei X750, which has touch buttons similar to the first one you're considering. http://www.gemeitech.com/cn/ Works like a champ with surprising accuracy. It's available on one of the web sites that sell mp4 players (can't remember which) but you can Google it. I got mine in China. Good luck!

Download Post  No rating  
Tikker

Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

price depends...
I bought it at about 70 EUR in Europe (Named as Acme V500x, and distributed by Lithuanian company www.acme.eu).
Of couse "Acme" name in US mainly associated with unhappy coyote and "road runner" cartoon but I decided to take a risk Very Happy

it's 2.4" display rockchip based player (presume it's latest version of rockchip because it contains Microsoft PlayFX enhancement).

Chinese (I mean original) version of this player has name TMS (Thmson) D883 and can be seen here:
http://www.tmson.com/en/products_dl_dl.asp?id=268

I presume wholesale price in China is about USD 30,-

I personally got no excitement about those "touch keys", but after I used this player for a while - I can say they are not so really bad.

Of course they have a lot of disadvantages - you cannot even wear player on your neck without locking keys, and I've heared during cold weather those keys may stop working, however if you are after a player with "cool look", it's possible to forget about glitches.

At least children are very excited about sensor keys.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Tikker,

I have a player with touch sensitive keys. It took alittle getting used to as you only have to lightly 'touch' it and the key will work. But after that, it's pretty good. Hopefully it will avoid the problem of broken buttons after pressing it so much all the time.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Tikker

Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:20 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

well, I have been worried mostly because users of LG Chocolate phones told me horror stories about sensor buttons poorly working.

Now my kid is playing with this newly bought "touch key" player and after a while it will be clear how reliable it is. Kid's first impression is positive, mainly because of "wow" effect Smile

By the way, could anyone look at the links I posted above

http://www.tmson.com/en/products_dl_dl.asp?id=268
http://www.acme.eu/?id=10&&menu=45&submenu=45&item=327

And tell me what chip this player is based on?

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The smaller screen player is Rockchip RK2606 and the bigger screen Rockchip RK2608.

This is not the latest version of Rockchip, but it can use Play FX because Play FX just requires an updated firmware.

Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:39 pm   Post subject:  Re: Touch Key players - what do you think about this control Back to top 

Thanks a lot knob, I wanted to know in case somebody will post any interesting tool for this chipset here or elsewhere.

Any idea why for Rockchip RK2608 Chinese site says: Extendable Mini SD 128 MB ~ 4 GB

Do they really support SDHC or it's just "normal mistake" in description?

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic