Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

I got the SigmaTel SDK - someone who can make use of it?

Reply to topic

Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 pm   Post subject: Question I got the SigmaTel SDK - someone who can make use of it? Back to top 

As some of you may know, there is a version of the SigmaTel SDK floating on the net. It isn't too old, i think it'll be of some use as it is mainly for the STMP35xx chipsets.

But to me it just looks like a big load of junk. There's no proper documentation, no newbie stuff (guess those firmware developers actually know how to code Laughing). The file that was of most use to me was the PDF with the detailed description of the chipset's insides. Razz

It's basically a collection of C++ and ASM scripts thrown in a crapload of folders, there seems to be some sort of compiler too but it ain't very helpful. My C++ knowledge is pretty limited and i know next to nothing about ASM coding, not to mention it ain't x86 ASM, as what makes the SigmaTel chipsets tick seems to be a Motorola core.

If anyone wants to give it a spin i'll upload it here. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
old_lady

China
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:48 am   Post subject:  sdk version? Back to top 

hi,i'm from china. My english is poor.i'm researching sigmatel sdk.which version is it?maybe i know any.
old_lady@126.com

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The version i got is 2.510RC2, 16 March 2004. Here's a download link. I'll upload it to the site as well.

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
old_lady

China
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:52 am   Post subject:  Re: I got the SigmaTel SDK - someone who can make use of it? Back to top 

i have downlaoded it.but it semed just old.the newest version for stmp35xx is 3.1xx.else,you file is not the all of sdk.the compiler TASKING C should be in it.i study and work on version 2.6xx.what can i do for you?

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

old_lady wrote (View Post): ›
i have downlaoded it.but it semed just old.the newest version for stmp35xx is 3.1xx.else,you file is not the all of sdk.the compiler TASKING C should be in it.i study and work on version 2.6xx.what can i do for you?

Well, this is the version i have. I don't need anything specifically done, but it'd be great to change the ugly theme (in fact it's not much of a theme at all) on my old SigmaTel player, or at least sort out the damn playlist bug.

When i have random mode set, after i choose a song from the file browser, it either plays the songs sequentially instead of randomizing, repeats that one song indefinitely, or randomizes just that folder the song is in, showing bogus track numbers like 980/347. That's what i'd really need fixed.

If you can do something to fix these bugs and if you would be able to help dancemammal to make his firmware editor compatible with SigmaTel chipsets too, it would be great. Very Happy

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Download Post  No rating  
old_lady

China
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: I got the SigmaTel SDK - someone who can make use of it? Back to top 

ugly theme as you mentioned,is the logo animation and music?maybe i mistake it.if no,have you tried ResEdit.exe on it.it can edit and change bitmap or other resource in sigmatel player.
as the random mode ,it is valid to one song .this mode should be disabled in menus.maybe it's a bug.if you want fixed it,you need the source code.
only the fireware and editer probably is not helpful.
dancemammal's editer is a good work.but i have little of it,i'll try it in the next days.

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

old_lady wrote (View Post): ›
ugly theme as you mentioned,is the logo animation and music?maybe i mistake it.if no,have you tried ResEdit.exe on it.it can edit and change bitmap or other resource in sigmatel player.
as the random mode ,it is valid to one song .this mode should be disabled in menus.maybe it's a bug.if you want fixed it,you need the source code.
only the fireware and editer probably is not helpful.
dancemammal's editer is a good work.but i have little of it,i'll try it in the next days.

No, ugly theme as in no theme at all. Razz The logos and menu screens are fine, but the screen displayed during playback is composed of the top and bottom bars of icons, a white background with only blue and black text and a visualizer on it and a progress bar, no background image. It looks really ugly.

It's exactly like this:

As for the random mode problem, i realized i'd probably need the source code to fix it, and i don't think i could ever find it.

As about that ResEdit.exe program you mentioned, can you give me a link? I've never heard of it.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic