There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone

Reply to topic

BigTymer
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 pm   Post subject:  Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone Back to top 

I am wondering if anyone has purchased from TinyDeal, can you vouch that they don't used hacked memory?

I was looking at this player, it seems like a clone of the Teclast C260 and UXCell Omega V88, but fairly cheaper:

http://www.tinydeal.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_23&products_id=264

Is this any good?

Also, I was looking at the Onda VX858 clones available from MP4Nation and tinydeal... Both sites advertise a 1800mah battery in an identical looking player, MP4Nation estimates 40 hours of audio playback + 8 of video, but TinyDeal says 5 hours video, 12 hours audio. Do you think there is an actual difference in the battery or are these just discrepancies based on varied experience? I am interested in this player and TinyDeal seems to be the cheapest (99.99 for 8GB with free shipping)

Finally, I was wondering if the 3rd gen nano clones can be found anywhere in true 8GB capacity (not hacked) yet.

Thanks for your help and advice!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:44 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think that the Teclast/Omega and Onda clones should be safe since they are Rockchip based.

The hackers always seem to target ipod clones, probably because they seem to be in greater demand. Idea

Not quite sure why so many folks are so hell bent on having a player that looks like an ipod though, still I suppose it keeps the hackers busy and away from the Rockchips. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
Buzzygirl
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've purchased from TinyDeal. They shipped fast and the player I purchased (to be given as a gift) was 100% legit, non-hacked and very reasonably priced. I am a satisfied customer.

As knob says, RockChip players are safe buys. Personally, I'd avoid Nano clones that advertise their storage capacity above 4 GB.

Powered by Ubuntu Linux!
Download Post  No rating  
BigTymer
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:38 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone Back to top 

Thanks for your help guys, I just ordered the 8GB VX858 clone from TinyDeal and will definitely post a review when it arrives here in the US (hopefully with pictures this time)

I can't wait to mess around with it.

Download Post  No rating  
rickshaw

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi. I got this one from tinydeal, http://www.tinydeal.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_23&products_id=248. The thing works but files get corrupted easily. I had this happen to me twice already, but different files (avi). When I first loaded the file, it worked fine then later on, I got the error/warning "File Format Error". Not sure whats causing it to go bad. I formatted the storage when I first got the error/warning but I got it again.

I already email support and hoping to get answer soon.

Download Post  No rating  
Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:53 am   Post subject:  Re: Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone Back to top 

Just purchased the 8gb Glacier in white a couple hours ago. I'll post feedback when it finally comes in.

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
Hellfromabove

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok, so I got my MP4 player today. I ordered it on January 1st night and it arrived today on January 11th. The shipping was pretty fast if I must say. I purchased the Glacier 8gb*GASP* in white. I know a lot of people are afraid to buy 8gb mp4 players due to the high hacking levels but I just plugged it into the computer to see if it was authentic and IT WAS!!! Tiny Deal is awesome!!! I will surely purchase from them again very soon. I highly recommend them!!!

-Tha Hindu

Download Post  No rating  
unsal
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Turkey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

rickshaw wrote (View Post): ›
Hi. I got this one from tinydeal, http://www.tinydeal.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_23&products_id=248. The thing works but files get corrupted easily. I had this happen to me twice already, but different files (avi). When I first loaded the file, it worked fine then later on, I got the error/warning "File Format Error". Not sure whats causing it to go bad. I formatted the storage when I first got the error/warning but I got it again.

I already email support and hoping to get answer soon.

I have a similar problem. My player is a 4GB one, it can not play mp3 that is copied over 2GB. No problem for the mp3 files in first 2 GB. But computer can use all mp3 files. I think it can not use the second hynix memory chip for playing.

Download Post  No rating  
rickshaw

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I guess its not the same problem I am having. Mine just keep saying File Format Error.

unsal wrote (View Post): ›
I have a similar problem. My player is a 4GB one, it can not play mp3 that is copied over 2GB. No problem for the mp3 files in first 2 GB. But computer can use all mp3 files. I think it can not use the second hynix memory chip for playing.

Download Post  No rating  
bencebacsi

Jamaica
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone Back to top 

I disassembled an 8GB VX858 clone bought from TinyDeal. There are 2 pcs. of 32Gb (4GB) Hynix flash chips on the board, so the memory is real. The hacked thing is the battery. They advertising 1800 mAh, but that's really just 950 mAh. By the way, I bought many MP3 players from TinyDeal, but the memory was real in all of them, at 4GB iPod clones (Action chip) too. I didn't bought any 8GB players assembled with Actions chip, so I don't know the reallity of their memory capacity.

Download Post  No rating  
electrodug

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:28 pm   Post subject: Grrrr ! Re: Anyone bought from TinyDeal + question about VX858 clone Back to top 

I purchased the Omega V88 MP4 player from Uxcell and it is giving me the "File Format Error" everytime I copy a video and try yo play it. I am using the AVI conversion software that came with the player. I have sent an email to Uxcell's customer service, but I have received no reply as yet.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Try using viDrop to convert the videos and make sure the resolution is set to 320x240 in viDrop.

download here:-
http://www.mympxplayer.org/tool-vidrop-v055-avi-xvid-converter-df821.html

USA US Illinois
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

TO: Knob...I tried the software you suggested, but it was called Axara which is the download that your link sent me to (ViDrop?) was not located there. I have tried Blaze Media Pro, Prism Video Converter, and AVI Converter 3.0 (software that came with player). The settings I tried with your suggested software were (For Portable Media Player, Convert to AVI, Profile-Common, and Hi, Med, & Lo Quality). I still got the same error message with all 3 conversions. Since receiving your message, Uxcell emailed me and told me to use the software bundled with the player. I replied to them to read my original message where I said I tried that already. No additional messages from them yet.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic