Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Ebay Seller - ink4dollars?

Reply to topic

bjpru66

USA US Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:18 am   Post subject:  Ebay Seller - ink4dollars? Back to top 

Hi everyone, What a Great forum!

Does anyone know anything about this ebay seller, ink4dollars?
I bought several players recently from him and the plastic bag for the player had been opened on all of them. I have not checked them yet but doing a lot of reading today about the crooks selling players with phony/altered memory I am now very concerned. They are supposed to have 4gb.
I thought maybe someone here has dealt with ink4dollars and could shed some light about them.
Thanks in advance.
Bill

Last edited by bjpru66 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
zaid786

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Judging from his feedback that people have left no one has complained that the 4GB mp4 players are hacked or anything. Normally I think atleast one person would have noticed this. However the only problem people seem to be having with him are that he either ships them very late or sends them the wrong colour. Other then that I don't see any signs of bad players. Only way to find out is try them and format them with the guide available on this website. Heres the link:

http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html

p.s. It is possible for the mp4 players to have 2x2GB memory cards in them aswell, anything above 4GB seems unlikely to be legit.

Download Post  No rating  
bjpru66

USA US Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks Zaid786,
That was my first thought when I read some of their feedback before buying from them. I think I will format one of them to see if it truly does have 4gb of memory. Do you lose any of the operating system files when you Format the drive?
Bill

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

bjpru66 , if done accordingly to the guide, you would not lose any of the firmware used by the player. Some exceptions are if you had loaded data files above the real capacity, sometimes it might cause a firmware corruption. However, since your players are still empty, it would be fine.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
bjpru66

USA US Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks lattesurf for the info. I printed the guide to do the format. I don't see any problems. Will let the Forum know what I have after I get a chance to do it.
Is there any way to tell who manufactured these players? not that it makes any diff! Just curious.
A friend of mine who has one of these players connected to the internet "firmware upgrade function" in the player and all he got was a virus which his antivirus software caught, do damage, but I do not think I will be trying that anytime soon.
Bill
bjpru66

Download Post  No rating  
zaid786

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

If you turn on one of the players and go inside setup or something, it should have the firmware version. If you type that here it will be easier to identify who manufactured it.

Download Post  No rating  
bjpru66

USA US Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks zaid786,
I bought several different colors, all from the same seller! The firmware in the Pink,Blue and green ones seems to be different than the Black ones. They are all supposed to be 4gb memory and it takes about 15 to 20 seconds when you try to read the memory in all but the Black ones, which pops right up!
In the pink,blue,green ones the Firmware reads as follows
TJD_9122_20 2007/11/02 9.1.52 2005-01-09

Black ones,
2006/12/28 9.1.52 Act1025_POP 2006/12/28

I do not know if this will tell you anything but thanks for your help.
Bill

Download Post  No rating  
mr. wizard

USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:30 am   Post subject:  Re: Ebay Seller - ink4dollars? Back to top 

His 4GB players are hacked. Bought one last week and I have confirmed that it has only one 1GB hynix chip. I am in the process of attempting to get a partial refund. By the way the player works a lot better once the memory hack is fixed. I paid like $35 with shipping so I am not steaming mad, but something should be done for the false advertising.

Download Post  No rating  
mr. wizard

USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:34 am   Post subject:  Re: Ebay Seller - ink4dollars? Back to top 

By the way, thanks everyone here at mympxpayer.org for the wonderful guide that allowed me to fix my player. I really appreciated the time and energy you guys put into helping other out with these problems.

Download Post  No rating  
mr. wizard

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 am   Post subject:  Re: Ebay Seller - ink4dollars? Back to top 

If you purchased a 4GB player from ink4dollars please check the memory. This site has a great guide at
http://www.mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html

If you find you have been scammed please start a dispute and sign the online petition found at the above link. If enough people complain maybe we can get this fraudulent seller banned.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic