There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

3rd Generation iPod Nano, or Meizu

Reply to topic

pmilladcs
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA US North Dakota
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:15 pm   Post subject:  3rd Generation iPod Nano, or Meizu Back to top 

I need brand named MP3 player, I'm done with chinese players that have Actions Firmware.
My Budget is around $100 but I'll make an exception for the iPod Nano 4gb.
Now here is a list of digital audio devices and I might purchase:

4 GB iPod Nano, 3rd Generation, Silver. $150

4 GB Meizu Mini Player, Black, $110

4 GB Creative Zen, Black, $120

right now it's between the creative zen and the meizu mini player, because i'm not very sure about the mini player's processer, and quality, and i'm positive the nano and the creative zen both have top quality. the problem with the creative zen is that i want a touch scoll thing, and i dont know how well it is on the meizu, or the nano. the meizu apears to have a large screen, but is it as big as the creative zen? idk, u tell me which one is a better deal, and i dont even have 150 bucks, nor a job, nor allowance. 135 so far.

Download Post  No rating  
DimaMp4
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've had a Meizu M3 since it was released in China, and I so damn happy that I bought it. The quality is really good(same with M6). The sound is great!(same with M6) The battery is good (I get around 15 hours mp3 playing, the M6 will easily get over 20hour playtime!). The player is really customizable, the themes for it are awesome, I never get tired of the GUI. It is very responsive, easy to use, and the player looks amazing (M6 looks amazing too). M3 is like a mini version of the M6, so they are very similar. I really like the touchpad on the M3 and M6.

iPod Nano 3rd gen is a very cool player that I instantly "fell in love" with the first time I saw it. The sound is good and so is the battery. The screen is great, although not as big as the M6 screen, but it's very good to watch movies. The GUI has been improved from the previous nanos, and looks better. The player, is so small and thin that I was like omg the first time I tried it. It feels very good to use. The navigation and controlls are great and a bit better than Meizu's. The downside is that you have to use the crappy iTunes.

If you won't watch movies so much(and only want to watch TV shows, music vids), then I think that you should pick a iPod 3rd gen actually, they are not so expensive, and you get a 1 yeat warranty so you can just get a new one/repair it if it dies, unlike Meizus, which you will get problems with shipping it all the way to china/hk and stuff.

I might get a iPod 3rd gen later, although I will need to sell my Meizu first. I don't know tho, as the Meizu is a great player.

The Creative Zen, has crappy buttons I'd say, and not as nice GUI as iPod or Meizu, but it's not bad at all. I don't know more about the player, so I shouldn't comment it a lot.

I'd say go for a Nano. You can't go worng with a Meizu M6 either. Smile

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I would get the Meizu player if I was you as I really hate iTunes. Creative Zen's are supposed to be quite good but I have never used one before.

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Are you getting money to recommend people to that site or something?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

From personal experience, I would say Meizu. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. It's easy to use and easy to load. Just drag and drop. Plus, I'm satisfied with the video playback. Sound quality is excellent and battery life is amazing. The touchpad takes a little getting used to, but works great once you get a feel for it.

I would not choose an iPod because of iTunes. I'm not necessarily against Apple products, but I don't like the fact that you have to use iTunes to get music or videos onto your player.

Don't have any experience with the Zen so I can't really offer an opinion. I would say that the Meizu and Zen screens are the same size.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Meizu for sure. Very Happy

I got mine a few days ago and i just LOVE it. The touchpad can be a bit tricky to use at first, but once you get used to it it feels great.

Also, it can be easily themed without risks, there are some really sleek themes on MeizuMe. Cool As for sound and video quality, it'll blow your mind (and your ears) guaranteed. The supplied earbuds are of good quality so you won't have to spend extra cash on a new pair. Wink

And you can't beat the battery life, which they say it's 25 hours on music and 6 hours on video. I didn't really test it that much, but i tend to believe that as last night i turned the volume low and fell asleep listening to it. I forgot to set the sleep mode on, so when i woke up after about 8 hours, it was still playing. I took it with me today on the last day of school before winter holidays and listened to music for about an hour on near max volume. Battery's still showing full. Very Happy

Get the M6, you won't be disappointed!

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
vx858

Canada CA Nova Scotia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

MEIZU M6 all the way!

The MEIZU M6 has a better battery life than the iPod nano, and better included headphones.

One advantage on the MEIZU M6 is that it uses a standard 5-pin mini-USB connection and the cable for that is quite common, while the iPod uses its own 30-pin dock connector. Another advantage is that the MEIZU M6 also has a built-in FM radio tuner, while the iPod nano can't tune into FM without its FM radio attachment.

The MEIZU can operate in MSC mode (standard USB storage device mode) so you can use it on a variety of Windows operating systems (you can use it down to Windows 98SE, though 98SE needs a generic USB mass storage driver widely found on the net), while the iPod nano needs iTunes to put music and videos on it and the minimum OS for that is Windows XP SP2.

Video on the M6 is very decent, and its 2.4" screen is better than the iPod nano's 2" inch screen.

Build quality of the MEIZU M6 is very high, it's much higher in build quality than most Actions-based MP4 players and will not break under normal usage.

The iPod nano 3rd generation has improved since the first and second generation iPod nano, but the MEIZU M6 still in my opinion better than the iPod.

My brother has a MEIZU M6 SP 4GB black and I have used it from time to time and it is a very impressive MP4 player.

The MEIZU M6 is an impressive MP4 player and won't let you down!

Download Post  No rating  
NOLA MPx Fan
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA US Louisiana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Of course every one here is going to say Meizu Wink

I like them both. I recently added a nano to my collection, and it hasn't let me down yet. Of course, I've also been an iPod user since the earliest of days (firewire connection to a mac only). I own several "no brand" players and like one of them enough that it travels with me. A lot. But when I saw the nano with video at $149, I knew that was a great choice on Apple's part. The price is competitive with quality off brand players, it has the solid pedigree built on years of working, non hacked firmware, and it has a warranty that means something.

The key difference, really, when you strip away the anti-Apple sentiments posted by some folks is this: Meizu has a bigger screen.

As for the rest:
FM radio? I'm carrying my music with me. Why would I want to listen to the commercial laden pap on FM?

Needs iTunes? Nah! I've been using YamiPod for some time, as iTunes is becoming too large on the CPU needs side.

The cable? A cable is a cable. My mini USB usually has something attached to it, so I need another one anyhow. At that point it makes no difference what it is.

The price? If this isn't a "must have by Christmas" thing, give it a couple weeks and I'm sure the first of the returned nanos will show up on the Apple.com online store in the deals section for under $100. Wink

Skinning? Please, if that's the only reason you buy one product over another then all is lost. OK, not all, but it should be a tie breaker, not a deal maker. You can get a $10 hacked Actions player if all you want is to make it look a certain way. It won't play worth a darn, but it will look pretty...

My advice? Play with both before you buy. Go to a local shop and plug in your earphones to a nano, then do the same with a Meizu (if you can find one). Ultimately, what we have to say means bupkis, as it is you who must be happy with it.

...and as for local stores, remember CompUSA is going out of business. If your local store isn't already picked clean, you can get some decent discounts. Our local store has 30% off mp3 players including nanos right now, 30% off accessories including earphones. YMMV as this is rolling through regions at different speeds.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I can also recommend the Meizu M6 SL if you're going to get a Meizu. It is thinner and has a brushed metal back unlike the regular Meizu M6 which has a metal back that will scratch a lot.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA US Louisiana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DimaMp4 wrote (View Post): › I can also recommend the Meizu M6 SL if you're going to get a Meizu. It is thinner and has a brushed metal back unlike the regular Meizu M6 which has a metal back that will scratch a lot.

Now on that we can all agree! Shiny metal backs were a bad idea when they put the first one on an iPod, and just as bad when everyone else copied it Even my little 2.4" just as big as the screen, looks like an OptimusX rockchip player has that darned mirrored back. I hate that! Wink

Canada CA Nova Scotia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If it's going to be an M6, the SL would currently be the best model in my opinion. The above-mentioned brushed metal back, and its thinner body are both advantages to the SP model.

The iPod nano 3rd generation from Apple is a decent player, but I still like the built-in FM radio and larger 2.4" screen of the MEIZU M6. The MEIZU's screen is close in size to the iPod classic's 2.5" screen.

My former MP3/MP4 players:
1. Super*Talent Vidego28 4GB (rebranded ONDA VX858)
2. Apple iPod nano 8GB black 3rd gen.
3. SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB
Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

pmilladcs , nice to see ya back around!

i'll say go with the meizu.. that would probably be my next player too.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic