Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Wanting to get an Iriver - wait, no, make it a MEIZU!

Reply to topic

Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:13 pm   Post subject:  Wanting to get an Iriver - wait, no, make it a MEIZU! Back to top 

I hate to leave the world of MPx players, but i have to admit that my Sigmatel player's firmware is way too buggy. Not having USB 2.0 high-speed interface doesn't help either, so till the Meizu M8 comes out i need something to satisfy my ears and eyes.

When browsing a local online store, the Iriver Clix 2 caught my eye. And i also stumbled upon this review. 2.2 inch OLED DISPLAY? OH MY GOD!!!! (yes, i NEEDED to shout that). That means crystal-clear videos. Cool Add touchscreen at the corners, fully customizable Flash graphical interface, the ability to play Flash games, 20+ hours of battery in music mode, 5hrs on videos and great playlist organization, plus the usual features like FM radio, voice recording and text reader and you get... Well, you get an Iriver. Very Happy

This thing is $165 for the 2 gig version, but it'd be fully worth its money. Actually, i'm debating between this and the X20 FM, which is $140 for 2 gig and has a 2.2 inch TFT, regular (non-touch) controls, and a plus coming from the MicroSD card slot, integrated speakers and line-in jack. But the X20 lacks games and the build quality isn't too good. Sad

Honestly, i fell in love with the Clix 2. It'll sure attract many, many, many looks (and maybe my girlfriend will finally stop using my classmate's rockchip player Laughing, that freakin' annoys me as this guy is interested in her).

Anyway, should i go to the other side and get the Iriver, or look around for a nice and sexy (and cheaper) Rockchip player?

EDIT:

Hey hey hey, wait! This is MyMPxPlayer, not myIriver! I forgot to check a local auctions site, found some sleek rockchip players pretty cheap. I'm off to browse through them a lil more and i'll tell you what i find. Wink

LATER EDIT:

I found myself some really nice Rockchip players. Wink

Number one:

2.4 inch screen, 2 gig, touch sensitive controls, microSD card slot. $90.

Number two:

Big ass touchscreen (2.8 inch), 2 gig, microSD card slot. $103. But i don't like the iPhone clone look this device has, so i'll probably get the first one.

Or of course, the Onda VX858 which is $82 for 1 gig and can support up to 4GB extra via miniSD. But again, it looks like an iPhone clone. Sad

What do you think about them?

EVEN LATER EDIT, 5AM haha.

I've just seen the magic word written in that auction: MEIZU. Yes, MEIZU. The M6 aka MiniPlayer, it doesn't need any presentation. 4 gig, $149. Now i REALLY know what i am getting. Cool

Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

you certainly need to look around for better prices

onda 2gb can be got for $86
and meizu 8gb for $158

if you want quality go for the M6 SL - excellent player ut i must agree with the IRiver players, they make some sexy gear, but the price is just too high

get the Meizu you wont regret it, oh, and also get yourself a meizu speaker dock to complete the picture

go M6 Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

makd511 wrote (View Post): ›
you certainly need to look around for better prices

onda 2gb can be got for $86
and meizu 8gb for $158

if you want quality go for the M6 SL - excellent player ut i must agree with the IRiver players, they make some sexy gear, but the price is just too high

get the Meizu you wont regret it, oh, and also get yourself a meizu speaker dock to complete the picture

go M6 Smile

Those are the best prices you can find here. I could go the ebay route, but after shipping costs it'll get to about the same price, plus it'll take longer to deliver.

As for that speaker dock for the M6, i'm lucky to even find the player itself here, so i have nothing to complain about. I have a nice amp hooked to a pair of speakers with 8 inch woofers, so i don't need it anyway. Cool

EDIT:

I'm getting the M6 tomorrow! I can't wait to get that beauty on my hands! Will make the perfect Christmas gift for a guy like me. Cool Also, it seems to be the SL version as described by the seller. Wink

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay, so i got my M6SL this morning. Very Happy

I had a very busy day, some stuff to organize at school as we gotta do something for Christmas, then i had to go buy a mobo for my dad's computer, and now mom's computer was acting up, and after about an hour i concluded that the mobo's crapped out (great, another mobo to buy).

I updated the M6SL to the latest firmware version with a little issue - it seemed to get hung when upgrading the main firmware, and i forced a reboot with the Play button, after that it upgraded the resource file and booted up with no problems. Wink

I just got to copying music to the player now, i've been listening to the radio and trying to solve the included Sokoban puzzles in every school break today. Radio sounds pretty good, not the best there is but it's stable enough for listening to your favorite station in town. But i'll do the review later on, right now i gotta see how my favorite MP3s sound on it. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic