Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Onda VX858LE Questions

Reply to topic

Rashkam

Australia AU West Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 am   Post subject:  Onda VX858LE Questions Back to top 

Hi,

I purchased a Onda VX858LE a few weeks back from Honkong. Now I don't read Chinese so I was wondering if there were any helpful people out there that may have some answers to a few questions that I have.

Iíve been stumbling around trying to work things out, but some of the menu features are still in Chinese even though the language has been set to English. The FM radio doesnít work due to the region setting being only China/USA/Europe. I noticed in the forums that DaremoS posted an informative way to upgrade the firmware on the MP4 player.
http://www.mympxplayer.org/image-vp39286.html#39286

Can anyone tell me if this will help with the language issue and maybe add Australia as a region for the FM radio? I don't like upgrading firmware due to a bad experience with upgrading my firmware on my wireless router, so if this is not going to help then Iíll just have to live with it Confused

Does anyone have a link where I can download an English version of this manual?

Also is there a way to shutoff the display while listening to MP3's to help conserve battery life?

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

the newest Onda Firmwares fix the english issues your having.

as for the region, you would choose Europe since they use the same standards.

english version of the manual is here (fyi, there are a number of different names used to describe the Onda players)... http://www.supertalent.com/support/download/VIDEGO28/2.8_VideGo.pdf

to shut off the screen while player songs, follow these steps...

go to "settings"
go to "display"
go to "BLight Mode" (bottom option)
choose "Power Save"

to change the time frame for it to shut off,

go to "BLight Time"
choose the time you want

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

do you have a REAL Onda player? Does it say "Onda" on the start up screen or "Mini MP4 Player"????

a good resource for info on the Onda's, OEM Onda's, and Onda look alikes, go here .... http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/index.php

Download Post  No rating  
Rashkam

Australia AU West Australia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Onda VX858LE Questions Back to top 

Thanks for your help Jo Gobel. Your advise was spot on. Youíre a champion mate!!!

As for the Europe region setting for the radio. I tried setting this and selecting auto search but there was nothing but static.

The unit does appear to be a real Onda VX858LE player. Written on the back of the unit is the following;

ONDA
Color MP3 Voice FM Radio

Model: VX858LE Memory: 2GB
www.onda.cn Made In China SN:XXXXXXXXXXXXX

When it's switched on the Onda name is flashed across the screen, so it does look to be the real deal, but then again anything can be counterfeit especially when purchased from Hong Kong.

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

thats the real deal Onda VX858LE model.

about the radio, if you have not plugged in your headphones, do so. the player uses them as an antenna and if you dont have them hooked up, you would just get static like you mentioned.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic