Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

is this a Onda VX878

Reply to topic

L_o_N_e_R

USA US California
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 am   Post subject:  is this a Onda VX878 Back to top 

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1578

the menu looks just like it....

its prolly not the onda one but what is it?

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

no - not at all!!!
its just s touch screen player with the UI of the onda - be careful here as there are some clones of the onda out there

its just another no-brand mystery player with no name and you will never find oyt where and when it was made let alone be able to gain any backup or support for it.

dealextreme will sort you out if anything goes wrong, and it probably will,

so avoid if you are wanting an actual VX878 or unbranded VX878

Download Post  No rating  
yzdigital

China
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:00 am   Post subject:  Re: is this a Onda VX878 Back to top 

There are some pictures for your reference.

Our 2.8 touch screen mp4 player (Model: M2803) build in bigger Li-polymer battery(1800 mA) . It is about 40 hrs for playing music by the situation of black screen , volume 20 , using earphone.

And this player support double non-damage audio formats (APE、FLAC)

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

YZ

can your player accept the ONDA firmware updates as they are constantly updating this.

i know there are so called different version out there as well, what these are i do not know.

but me personally would buy an onda and be assured to get updates

there was also an issue with languages resetting and touch sensitivity so updates are definately needed

have you tried to update the firmware??

cheers

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:36 am   Post subject:  Re: is this a Onda VX878 Back to top 

yzdigital wrote (View Post): › There are some pictures for your reference.

Our 2.8 touch screen mp4 player (Model: M2803) build in bigger Li-polymer battery(1800 mA) . It is about 40 hrs for playing music by the situation of black screen , volume 20 , using earphone.

And this player support double non-damage audio formats (APE、FLAC)

That's not an Onda VX878 but an Onda VX858 as it has a screen of 2.8. VX878 sport a screen of 2.4".

Onda VX858 has a couple of models which are VX858 and VX858LE... LE is a cheaper version that doesn't have a Wolfson audio chip.
Both version aren't compatible and interchange of firmware blocks the device.

Only opening the case you can know if it is a LE or non LE model ... it has a extra chip which is Wolfson one.

Can be noticed in the second picture where is read clearly VX858LE.
If the open case belongs to such machine it's seen next to battery cables a empty space where it should be Wolfson chip (it's a square grey space, while the chip are seen black)

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well spotted DaremoS - missed that completely - and these people are supposed to be manufacturers - or so their web site claims Smile

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

makd511 wrote (View Post): › YZ

can your player accept the ONDA firmware updates as they are constantly updating this.

i know there are so called different version out there as well, what these are i do not know.

but me personally would buy an onda and be assured to get updates

there was also an issue with languages resetting and touch sensitivity so updates are definately needed

have you tried to update the firmware??

cheers

I have one of their players and it is great.

the firmware is upgradeable, but it uses the NON Onda OEM firmware. You can locate usable firmwares for this player (YZ Digitals model) here...
http://www.mp4nation.net/software/MP4-En-V1.10.rfw

or if you want to use a modified version of that firmware that shows the "Onda" logo on startup and shutdown along with Onda's USB and Charging screens, a mp4nation.net users modified that firmware and has it hosted here... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MV0H6SJ

i personally have loaded the modified version onto my YZ Digital player and it works flawlessly.

Download Post  No rating  
dapman

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

if your player do not work with real onda firmware from onda website or support you do not have a real onda or onda oem player, you just have a cheap copy. The is no such thing as Oem firmware because Oem and the real thing are the same they are no difference between the to just a name and a logo. The firmware on mp4 nation that your are talking about does not update the features and performace of th player.

Sorry YZ your player is just a copy or a look alike of the real thing as you showed in your picture. You are not onda factory or the factory that onda buys from so your player is not a oem product it just makes it a copy or fake.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

dapman wrote (View Post): › if your player do not work with real onda firmware from onda website or support you do not have a real onda or onda oem player, you just have a cheap copy. The is no such thing as Oem firmware because Oem and the real thing are the same they are no difference between the to just a name and a logo. The firmware on mp4 nation that your are talking about does not update the features and performace of th player.

Sorry YZ your player is just a copy or a look alike of the real thing as you showed in your picture. You are not onda factory or the factory that onda buys from so your player is not a oem product it just makes it a copy or fake.

Who told you all this shit you're saying pal?... There is no such crap of OEM with Onda logo!

I have a no branded Onda VX858 that works fine with Onda firmware... I've installed wrong firmware for fun and I've been capable of recover it... you simply are repeating some shit you read in Mp4users.com or somewhere.

A copy for your knowledge in Chinese factories is almost identical to an original... there is no big difference because chip are simple cheap... is easier to copy the whole package than design a cheap copy.

Stop repeating pure bullshit.

The problem with VX858 is that it can be a VX858LE which is risky but can easily be recovered.

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I work for a US Brand company and I have been to the major factories in shenzhen.

from jo globel " a modified version of that firmware that shows the "Onda" logo on startup and shutdown along with Onda's USB and Charging screens, a mp4nation.net users modified that firmware and has it hosted here... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MV0H6SJ"

This firmware is not from onda if your player play this firmware you do not have a Onda or Onda oem player. You have a copy or fake

Go to www.Onda.cn download the firmware for the VX858 or VX85LE if one of them work you have a Real Onda or a Real Onda Oem player.

Onda players are made by Ecom factory. Onda buy them and add there name and logo to the player. Real Oem VX858 with wolfason sound chip true name from factory EMP2801, then onda sells them unda the onda brand name. If your player was not made by the Ecom factory you have COPY or a FAKE.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

dapman wrote (View Post): › I work for a US Brand company and I have been to the major factories in shenzhen.

from jo globel " a modified version of that firmware that shows the "Onda" logo on startup and shutdown along with Onda's USB and Charging screens, a mp4nation.net users modified that firmware and has it hosted here... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MV0H6SJ"

This firmware is not from onda if your player play this firmware you do not have a Onda or Onda oem player. You have a copy or fake

Go to www.Onda.cn download the firmware for the VX858 or VX85LE if one of them work you have a Real Onda or a Real Onda Oem player.

Onda players are made by Ecom factory. Onda buy them and add there name and logo to the player. Real Oem VX858 with wolfason sound chip true name from factory EMP2801, then onda sells them unda the onda brand name. If your player was not made by the Ecom factory you have COPY or a FAKE.

I wrote above:
Quote: ›
I have a no branded Onda VX858 that works fine with Onda firmware...

I have already installed v00.00.0017 of VX858 and works flawlessly... this player never have show Onda logo so to discover that was an Onda player I do have to take the risk of install v00.00.0011 first.

And YES this player is a copy but NOT a fake as you said. Just let me tell you what chips does this player have inside:

Main Processor: Rockchip 2608A 76704 0726 (Original or exist copies?)
Flash memory: Samsung 731 - K9LAG08UOM (same as before)
BIOS memory: Samsung 722 - K4S641632K (same as before)
Audio Processor: WM8750BG 75AE6HF (Original Wolfson)
Touch panel: JST916T
FM Radio: No idea

Main difference with original Onda
BIOS memory: Samsung instead of Hynix (which is better?)
Touch panel: JST916T instead of FM7843 (JST916T proved to be a good replacement of FM7843).

Are you going to tell me that this player has bad chips inside?
Indeed is a copy but a good copy not a FAKE or CHEAP as you hysterically said. It's simply a copy that works fine with a excellent case and that runs appropriately Onda firmware but it cost lots of bucks less.

You can take Onda logo and shove it wherever you want... this annoying company have closed its BBS due to the thousands of complaints concerning their delay in developing firmware for their products.

Simply Onda is a fake or cheap company Mr Dapman. Probably you have been in Chinese factories, but you haven't learned a bit of how such factories works. For them is easier to put the chips suggested to avoid returning for failures, chips really cost nothing in China. What really worth is the firmware and the support.

Why YZ Digital players will be less than the famous Onda? only because Mr. Dapman say so?

Here is the link of original Onda open for the people to judge manufacture quality Onda VX858 VX858LE VX878 open.

My player sports an excellent sound and a formidable screen image being a copy, I know what I'm talking about. For your information beside of this excellent Onda VX858 emulator, I have a Cowon D2, a Meizu M3, a ATJ2135 player, a Teclast C260 (another excellent emulator) and another Rockchip unbranded. Let me tell you that despite of how good is this player; support of Onda is the worse that anybody can find. Damn cowards who close their BBS (were I am registered as只孤独) because they can answer the requirements of their customers.

Here is a pic of my player open for all to see I'm not bluffing (it can't be read my handwriting in the paper on top. It say "DaremoS shit!!" Smile

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

***WINNER WINNER WINNER***

You have a Real Oem Player that was probly made by ecom Onda's factory. They are sold buy 100's of seller online by all different names.

Look maybe you did not understand what I'm saying! I did not say nothing about you must have a onda logo for it to be a real onda player. What I said was you if it does not play onda firmware its a fake or cheap copy.

The reason is alot of people that have a player that look like this cannot use VX858 or VX858LE FIRMWARE or it will kill there player.

Download Post  No rating  
dapman

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oh and stop getting so pissed, every one do not have the same player that you have. You are lucky alot of people are not as lucky as you.

Alot of people may not be as smart as you they may not be able to recover ther player if they have a problem.

Also the reason you would want a Real Oem or Branded product is so you get the support or updates for your product.

Thats like all the people who brought chi-pods 2 years ago off ebay the sellers said that they were iPod Oem Players when people brought them they called Apple to get support then found out that is was a fake product or nock off.

I just think that the sellers need to know what product they have and what they are selling before stating Onda VX858 or Onda VX858 Oem for sale.

Because alot of people could brick there player.

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

dapman wrote (View Post): ›

first of all, why dont you read the rest of what I said.....

Quote: › .....the firmware is upgradeable, but it uses the NON Onda OEM firmware.....

secondly, you sir can stop being "mr know it all". This community is here to help others, not so you can come off as some cocky jerk, so please dont.

many of us know that chinese players are copies of copies of copies etc, etc, etc. trust me, you dont need to "school" anyone, just provide your info in a non "dickhead" way and you will get much further explaining your point than you are now.

Download Post  No rating  
geostar
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

a good point well made!

put \"geostar\" as your referal
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic