There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Sigmatel firmware news

Reply to topic

Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:21 pm   Post subject: Note Sigmatel firmware news Back to top 

Okay, read up.

I've been messing around with my player's firmware again tonight, and i happened to stumble upon this package. I tried it out, and to my surprise, it had a new version of the Sigmatel update tool inside, and a different type of firmware.

I flashed my player with this firmware, and surprisingly, it worked as a flash drive. Nothing else though, so i then proceeded to reflash my backup, but when i gave the files to the new update program, it got hung. Shocked

The version i previously downloaded from this site didn't work either. But fortunately, i had another older version of the Sigmatel updater i had found on the net, which worked and my player is now once again alive and kicking. Cool

A quick look at the new firmware reveals nothing but more trouble for people with dead devices. The new firmware is split up in six different files instead of four. Also, it has a different naming scheme on the USB driver, which is now hostlink.sb instead of usbmsc.sb

Bottom line is, if your firmware contains usbmsc.sb, it is to be flashed with one of the older versions of the Sigmatel updater (one of which can be found on this site), if it contains hostlink.sb, it has to be flashed with the version provided in the package above.

I gotta update the Sigmatel recovery guide too, but i'm too tired to do so now so i'll do it tomorrow. Wink

Later edit: Okay, the guide has been updated too. Very Happy

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic