There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Ebay sellers who provide firmware

Reply to topic

scatwell
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 am   Post subject: Question Ebay sellers who provide firmware Back to top 

Hi
Getting to point of giving up on finding firmware for my Glacier clone based on AK1022 & Samsung 725 1GB flash chip. Bought from power-player88 off eBay & got the perpetual hourglass after 3 days. Not been able to locate correct firmware since. Obviously, if anyone has a working one, please get in touch & send me a s1clone image!!!
But, I'm thinking of buying another similar player (which will hopefully work!!). I like the Glacier style because its small, light, has a reasonable size screen and looks nothing like an Ipod Cool
Does anyone know a seller of these who supplies a firmware backup on the CD? Or a reliable download from the manufacturer's website? 1 or 2 GB is ok. Ideally not hacked so I know what I'm getting, but I actually believe that most Actions based players are hacked so I'd just have an arguement with the seller & get a part refund.
Help appreciated.

Download Post  No rating  
newowl

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

scatwell wrote: › Hi
Getting to point of giving up on finding firmware for my Glacier clone based on AK1022 & Samsung 725 1GB flash chip. Bought from power-player88 off eBay & got the perpetual hourglass after 3 days. Not been able to locate correct firmware since. Obviously, if anyone has a working one, please get in touch & send me a s1clone image!!!
But, I'm thinking of buying another similar player (which will hopefully work!!). I like the Glacier style because its small, light, has a reasonable size screen and looks nothing like an Ipod Cool
Does anyone know a seller of these who supplies a firmware backup on the CD? Or a reliable download from the manufacturer's website? 1 or 2 GB is ok. Ideally not hacked so I know what I'm getting, but I actually believe that most Actions based players are hacked so I'd just have an arguement with the seller & get a part refund.
Help appreciated.
Same here,
Too many people being ripped off. Trust seems to be a forgotten word. Have a look at all the new MP4 sites (mainly chinese) ALL promise firmware update from website. Now go see how many updates you can find other than in sites like this one. Have you tried
http://fwdump.net/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
as you have a name for your device you may be lucky. the site is for firmware dumps only. I have an MP4 player with dual headphones radio, cameraetc 2.4 inch lcd. Worked for abot 3 months then was intermittant and I had to reset it so often it's a wonder the switch is still ok. Evenyually won't load or play much without loking up. Reformatted but needs correct firmware. Like yours, it must be out there somewhere. Tried them all, about 7 different versions without success.
chipset ..
anyka an3221mp24402
samsung 546 k9w8g08u1m
eon en29lv400AT-70tcp
Radio chip is tea 5756
Hope you have more luck than me. Spent oodles of time trolling the net to no avail...
regards,
Tim

Download Post  No rating  
scatwell
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Glacier clone players functionally are good but not reliable. If there was a valid firmware file supplied with the player I think that'd be worth paying a bit extra for. S1clone seems to work now with v9.x.xx players but bit of a last resort as it takes so long.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic