Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Question about my MP4 player

Reply to topic

spachala

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:58 am   Post subject:  Question about my MP4 player Back to top 

Hello,

I just bought an MP4 player from a store and the player looks exactly like this one: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/mp4mp3wma-player-4gb-eurolab-2inch-tft-screen/.

I'm assuming it is the same.

But anyway, I wanted to check if this really did have 4GB of actual storage. From the "remove memory hack" thread, i downloaded the mp3 utilities, and went to the MP3 disk tool. When I slide the slider all the way to the right..i get 1946MB. So I thought I might have bought a hacked player

However, I loaded 4GB worth of stuff on the player, and all the programs, mp3's and videos that i loaded onto it, worked fine.

I'm confused...I thought when sliding the disk tool the right, it gives me the real capacity? But I could use all 4GB of my player with no issues...

Could someone explain? If theres a problem I'm going to go there and get a refund.

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That player is most likely not an Actions chipset, as it plays AVI files. Therefore, the MP3 Player Utilities will not work correctly with your player.

You can rest assured, it's a real 4 gig unit. Wink

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, if you really wanted to find the true capacity of your player you would have to open it up.

Download Post  No rating  
spachala

Australia
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Question about my MP4 player Back to top 

Yeah, this player doesn't play AMV files. What it does is, it comes with a converter which changes the resolution of a video file and rotates the video 90 degrees and converts the file to AVI.

I don't know what type of firmware this has...but the loading screen is a blue globe (of earth) increasing in size while slowly spinning.

(I'm not going to open it up because it has a 12 month warranty, and that will void it)

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can get the firmware version by going into the settings menu of your player then select firmware version.

Download Post  No rating  
spachala

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 pm   Post subject:  Re: Question about my MP4 player Back to top 

I mean, i dont know what type of chip it has in the player...like rockhip or...action or...whatever. I dont really know much about them.

This is the firmware version which it says it is:
Ver: 01.07.0016
Date: 2007-05-08

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Your player is a Rockchip player, as long as it works ok don't worry about it being hacked, it should be fine. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
nzer_4_lyf
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, your player is definitely a rock chip player, when you turn it on if it has an hour glass it is an actions chip.

Download Post  No rating  
Sh4d0W

Slovakia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

spachala wrote (View Post): ›
I mean, i dont know what type of chip it has in the player...like rockhip or...action or...whatever. I dont really know much about them.

This is the firmware version which it says it is:
Ver: 01.07.0016
Date: 2007-05-08

hi .. i have the same version of FIRMWARE like u .. but i need it download because i want to change pictures there and change text and so .. because i have one in mine language [ slovak ] but it's not the same version which my player supports .. i need > 01.07.0016 [FW]
2007-05-08 [DATE]

thanks for help ..

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sh4d0W
member dancemammal is working on a Rockchip firmware extractor and if he is successful this should be available quite soon.
It would be best if you could wait a bit for this and then you should be able to theme your player safely using a working backup from your player Wink

Download Post  No rating  
moly1127

China
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hehe , It's real capacity is 2Gb, you have been cheat!

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic