[ Login to join chat ]

s1res v.3

Reply to topic

crazy.neo
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:01 pm   Post subject:  s1res v.3 Back to top 

Looks like WiRe finally released the new version of this tool... Can someone test it and post feedback?

http://www.s1mp3.de/tools.s1res.html

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

can someone upload to this site please as when i go to download from wires site it redirects to a download site that tries to install a program to my pc

i do not know nor care for this, so wire, if you are listening please can you upload a copy to this site as i do not appreciate being forced to install programs on my pc by unknown sources.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You're right makd511.

I tried to download it but it requires an ActiveX to be installed. I'm cautious when it comes to install an ActiveX as they can do some nasty things.

I've emailed wiRe asking him if he would like to use this site as a mirror for the download instead. He's changed the download URL now.

Also, I've uploaded to our site here as well --> s1res v3.0.

Remember, wiRe has changed this to a SHAREWAREversion so not all functions are available unless you purchase a licence. It saddens me to see that such a great program has gone into 'shareware' and with it, the lost of functionality for users unless you buy the product. Sad

Members have no real option but to buy the registered version as in demo mode, you can not [save] your changes. It then renders the demo version really useless as after making these changes, you can't actually save it to then upload it to your player to see how well the software works.

Unfortunate to see it has come to this with a great program. I'm sure wiRe has his reasons too and it's probably to cater for the time he spent on developing it.

Remember though that without the tool altogether, we wouldn't have been able to mod the s1mp3 players so thanks wiRe for developing it. I do hope that you reconsider and enable the [save] functionality in the future.

Last edited by admin on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject:  Re: s1res v.3 Back to top 

Well, after a few conversations with wiRe and some suggestions, it seems he is standing firm on his decision to make the s1res tool COMMERICAL.

I respect that, but it saddens me that such a great program has gone COMMERICAL rather than think about it's users.

The demo version doesn't allow you to SAVE any changes, therefore essentially loosing the ability to save what you've modified on your player's firmware. It's unfortunately that such a great program has gone completely commerical and it seems he's lost interest in his users making good use of the software. Instead, opting to go commerical and having users pay for the software before they can actually make any good use of it.

I sure he's put a lot of hard work into the product and deserves some financial outcome for it, but it's a pity and unfortunate that the demo version he's released doesn't give users the ability to fully test it's function and see the results as he's disabled the "save" function.

There are other ways to release a demo of a software. I suggested to him the possiblity of limiting the amount of saves allowed, or giving a 30 days free trial with full functionality like other demo software out there.

It's a touching topic for me as I remember when I first got into modifying the firmware on my player, s1res and s1fwx were the two tools which I've come to love and used extensively. It was also one of the reason why I created this site. I wanted to share the "free" idea with everyone else.

I do hope that wiRe does reconsider.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey man, chill out.

If wiRe keeps his decision of making s1res commercial, he'll probably end up learning that he shouldn't have done it - the hard way. As if it can be coded, it can be cracked, nothing more to say here.

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
miketowninc

USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I know it should have stayed open source!!

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic