Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

I need help finding a player

Reply to topic

Gearstix

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:43 am   Post subject:  I need help finding a player Back to top 

Hi guys, I'm getting ticked with my iPod 80gig video, actual apple one.
I'm looking for a cheaper video player, something thats pretty decent. I like the onda touch clones but they seem to be trouble some? Looking for something with a couple gigs of space. I see the iSlim Tubby on the mp4 nation but I'm not too sure... can somebody guide this lost sheep?

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

mp4nation has a lot of great choices...

what you need to let us know is what you want to do with your player. ie, mostly music, mostly videos, mix of both, how much your willing to spend, how much memory you want, etc...

once we know what you need it for, many of us can recomend some good players, even a few of us can get you a player as well (including myself) for a reasonable price.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:55 am   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

Gearstix wrote (View Post): › Hi guys, I'm getting ticked with my iPod 80gig video, actual apple one.
I'm looking for a cheaper video player, something thats pretty decent. I like the onda touch clones but they seem to be trouble some? Looking for something with a couple gigs of space. I see the iSlim Tubby on the mp4 nation but I'm not too sure... can somebody guide this lost sheep?

Hi Gearstix... what you call "onda touch clones" is Onda VX858 Smile

This player is not troublesome in any way, is precisely the inverse, it's a rather simple player that brings awesome sound due that VX858 not LE has a dedicated audio codec Wolfson WM8750.

Its screen size which seems to be what you are looking for is 2.8" which is enough good and brings a real good image for movies of pictures. Crisp and with great definition.

It has too a slot for a mini SD card to hold up to 4Gb. preferable for this player to use High Speed cards.

Besides of this characteristics what it is more suitable is its simplicity. No complicated software just god image and sound.

I do own one Very Happy

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 am   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

jo gobel wrote (View Post): ›
mp4nation has a lot of great choices...

what you need to let us know is what you want to do with your player. ie, mostly music, mostly videos, mix of both, how much your willing to spend, how much memory you want, etc...

once we know what you need it for, many of us can recomend some good players, even a few of us can get you a player as well (including myself) for a reasonable price.

Well, with my iPod I do a bit of both. I could spend up to about $200 but I don't overly want to since this ipod was over $300.
I'd like to have something with about 4 gigs or so.

DaremoS wrote (View Post): ›
Gearstix wrote (View Post): › Hi guys, I'm getting ticked with my iPod 80gig video, actual apple one.

Hi Gearstix... what you call "onda touch clones" is Onda VX858 Smile

This player is not troublesome in any way, is precisely the inverse, it's a rather simple player that brings awesome sound due that VX858 not LE has a dedicated audio codec Wolfson WM8750.

Its screen size which seems to be what you are looking for is 2.8" which is enough good and brings a real good image for movies of pictures. Crisp and with great definition.

It has too a slot for a mini SD card to hold up to 4Gb. preferable for this player to use High Speed cards.

Besides of this characteristics what it is more suitable is its simplicity. No complicated software just god image and sound.

I do own one Very Happy

Your talking about the OEM VX858?
if I get say a 4gb one and put a 4gb card in it, does that make it 8gb?

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

for mostly video with decent music playback the onda vx858 is good, the hacha pa20 is good,
the hacha pc20 is good. (these 3 are my personal favs, with the pc20's size and screen res as my fav, and the pa20's screen size and touch screen a close second, and the vx858's "style" a close third)

for mostly music with decent video playback, well there are just to many to list.

the big difference between to two catagories is screen size. video players will have at least a 2.8" screen and will be a little more bulky but still small, where the music players will have ~1.8"-2" screen and very small size.

all of the players have the same memory availability, 2gb and 4gb, with the movie players usually having the ability to add a memory card for addt'l memory (usually 4gb max).

like i said before, it really boils down to what you need it for, and how much you want to spend, and how much memory you want.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:19 am   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

yes sir... I am talking of the OEM version which is the one I have.

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:42 am   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

Hi Gearstix,

I thought i was the only Newfounlander here lol, Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Newfoundlander lol. Good luck on what player your getting.. so many choices to choose from. I'm looking for a player my self, doing my home work on that.. till i find all the answers to my questions about each player.. then i will decide which one is right for me.

Good luck,

Newfie Chick

Download Post  No rating  
Gearstix

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

I'm from Newfoundland, living in Alberta..
Yea I'm looking at the OEM VX858, 4GB version..
I just dont know if its worth it yet, cause my iPod is 1 year old and it kills my pc when I plug it in, and works fine when it was plugged into my cousins laptop.. Apple told me it was my PC.. I tried unpluging stuff from my usb's and trying different ports, but no, even uninstalled itunes.. Worked for a day, then now it kills my pc..
Anybody wanna trade a 4GB OEM VX858 and a SD Card maybe for a 80GB iPod video? lol.

Has anybody experienced the VX858 shuttin down there pc?

Download Post  No rating  
bernardo.novas@gmail.com

USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:59 am   Post subject:  Re: I need help finding a player Back to top 

I have never experienced the ONDA shutting down my computer.

I got both the ONDA VX858LE and the ONDA VX878.

both work perfectly well for me.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic