[ Login to join chat ]

I'm back!

Reply to topic

Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:42 am   Post subject:  I'm back! Back to top 

Hey people, i know it was long but i had some stuff to do. And as some of you know, i am a moderator at the DiGiTAL ZoNE board (a non-steam gaming community) and also member of a couple other forums.

I was always forgetting to visit this site, but no more. As i've configured myself a nice new computer (it was about time) and i had some money left. My Actions-based Nano clone's battery only lasts for about 2 hours now and the earphone jack is kinda messed too as lately i've used a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, so i went to a local mall and bought a new MP4 player.

It's based on the SigmaTel STMP3500 chipset (thought it was 3600), has a vibrant 1.5" TFT and a Li-Polymer battery which is supposed to last up to 10 hours. The lady at the store told me that it lasts for 6 hours, but that's still a decent battery life.

Anyway, i'm going write a nice review to the player, complete with pictures and stuff. Stay tuned. Cool

Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:56 am   Post subject:  Re: I'm back! Back to top 

Welcome back man! Smile

Nice player you've got. The chipset, STMP3600 has 200 mhz and it's ARM based. Good choice, I bet it's really fast! Can't wait for the review.

Cya around.

Good player: KiORA K7702 (SPMP3052A)
Dead player: Nexus Nomad A217 2gb, broken screen
EarBuds: Sony TwinTurbo MDR-E755
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

alex2pb wrote (View Post): ›
Welcome back man! Smile

Thanks. Smile

alex2pb wrote (View Post): › Nice player you've got. The chipset, STMP3600 has 200 mhz and it's ARM based. Good choice, I bet it's really fast! Can't wait for the review.

Well, the interface is plain but very intuitive and easy on the eyes. The downside is that the player is as buggy as it is fast.

I was really excited about the playlist browser, as it can be accessed even when the music is playing, and it's still faster than the Actions one which is only available when the music is stopped. But choosing a track from the browser messes up play modes (random/repeat/etc) like every 1 out of 3 times. Sad

But more on that later on. The good thing is that i've read these players can't be killed completely by a firmware flash, aka you may lose some functions but the player is still recognized by the computer and you can flash another firmware. I have mine backed up already (using an utility found on this site), so i think i'll try some other firmwares if the playlist problem persists.

alex2pb wrote (View Post): › Cya around.

Sure thing. Cool

Btw, my bad, it's actually a 3500 series chip.

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Welcome back!

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

booboo773 wrote (View Post): ›
Welcome back!

Thanks.

I've played with it some more, and the playlist bug is driving me crazy. Since the battery had no charge when i bought it and i couldn't test it at the store, i think i'll just crash the firmware and go back to the store telling them i got a faulty unit.

I sure wish they'd give me a refund, as i think the whole batch of players they have suffer from the same bug.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic