Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

What is the actual name of this player?

Reply to topic

Krazydude

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:31 am   Post subject: Complicity What is the actual name of this player? Back to top 

I bought this player just last week and I love it but I was wondering what the actual name of it is. The place I bought it from called it a musicman mp3/mp4 2gb media player with a model number M-281. When I try to look it up I can't find it anywhere. Here is a picture.

I also wanted to know if it is possible to change the look of the menu and load up screen. I believe it is has Rockchip ver. 00.00.0000. It is no big deal if you can't change the screens, but it would be nice if you could.

Thanks
Krazydude

MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i personally have not seen an Iphone clone like that one yet.

which site did you get it from?

as for changing the screens, i would advise you to leave the firmware alone. especially since your not able to find anything out about this player this is a good change any firmware you load will be wrong and then you will have a nice looking paper weight.

btw, what part of Minnesota you from? im from the twin cities myself.

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

A lot of Chinese players don't really have official names, at least in the public domain. Those that do are the ones which are made and sold directly to the public by the manufacturer (like Meizu for example), but there are many factories in China that just make generic players and will sell them to several companies but with a different logo or name on them, then these companies present themselves to the public as 'manufacturers' when in fact they are just distributors.

Usually the educated public (us) don't attempt to classify Chinese players so much by manufacturer or model # (with a few exceptions) but by the chipset they use and the firmware features they have. There is far less variability among Chinese players with regards to chipsets (microprocessors and other chips) used and firmware features than appearance would indicate. Rockchip players, for example (again, with some exceptions) are largely identical in function and features in spite of great variability in physical appearance.

To complicate matters further, the physical appearance of a player is no gaurantee that it is internally the same (chipset and firmware) as one that looks identical.

Also, there's no set standard for firmware naming and numbering. For example, your firmware number 00.00.0000 could be identical to another distributors firmware 03.09.1011 or, it could be different than a firmware 00.00.0000 from another or the same manufacturer or distributor, since the implied rules of naming and classifying firmware are often not followed (a company might alter firmware to accomodate a new component on the mainboard but not update the firmware number to reflect this).

The easiest way to identify which chipset a player is using is by becoming familiar with the various user interfaces that are commonly used with particular chipsets. If you post pictures of your players user interface someone will easily be able to identify which chipset it's using and if modifying it is possible. But, with most players, in order to be able to modify it you have to have a copy of the correct firmware, since there usually aren't tools to extract firmware from players. The best place to get the firmware for a player is from the company you bought it from, but often they don't have it either.

Download Post  No rating  
Krazydude

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:43 am   Post subject:  Re: What is the actual name of this player? Back to top 

I got it from overstock.com and then tracked down the company to http://musicman.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008825638615/pdtl/Flash-MP3/1003826318/Flash-MP3-Player.htm

I think I might just leave the interface the way it is. I don't want to screw it up . It is so light it wouldn't do much good as a paper weight anyways lol. But yeah I thought I would ask. Thank you for your replies.

I am in Minnetonka by the way.

MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yea, i would just leave it alone as well.

I am in Plymouth.

so welcome to the board, neighbor.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: What is the actual name of this player? Back to top 

His name is Viggo Mortensen... at least its face looks like Viggo face Confused

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DaremoS knows how to make everything simple, a valuable trait!

Download Post  No rating  
Krazydude

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DaremoS wrote (View Post): ›
His name is Viggo Mortensen... at least its face looks like Viggo face Confused

lmao that is a good one.

I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Seems to be a no-name player. Razz

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic