Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Looking for some advice on which player to buy

Reply to topic

Newfie_Chick

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:23 am   Post subject:  Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Hi Peoples,

I have been thinking about buying another MP4 player for my self lol. I'm in a toss up between the Onda VX858LE or the Onda VX878. I like the fact that the vx858le has a2.8" Inch Viewable screen but The VX878 has a 2.4" Inch Viewable screen. I was thinking about the 2.8" inch viewable screen player (vx858le) but my question is, Is there much difference in video quality between both players? or one has a better video quality than the other?.

Sorry Iím in a toss up between both players..lol mainly i'm looking at this player as a video player first, second as a MP3 player.

Any advice from anyone would be great.

Thank you,

Newfie Chick

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, I have the VX878 and it has serious firmware issues. I find it unusable in its current condition. I hope Onda will release a firmware fix for it but until then I don't even bother using it. Specifically, the backlight never goes off, even when you set it to, which wastes the battery and gives it about a 2 hour life, the custom sound options are a joke. If you try to adjust the equalizer the sound volume will decrease, even if you boost it. Also, the touch screen is unresponsive to the point of frustration.

The VX858 is in a better state, but I hear that there are response issues with its touch screen as well.

If you're looking for a new Chinese player I would highly recommend any player that uses the new Actions ATJ2135 chipset. The features are so far above the run of the mill Chinese player that you'll be shocked and very, very happy you bought one.

Download Post  No rating  
Newfie_Chick

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:26 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Hi Riolist,

Sorry to hear about your VX878, I was hoping that it was a good player. I guess my next choice is a Hacha PA20, Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks,

Newfie Chick

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:39 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Newfie_Chick wrote (View Post): › Hi Riolist,

Sorry to hear about your VX878, I was hoping that it was a good player. I guess my next choice is a Hacha PA20, Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks,

Newfie Chick

I was considering the PA20 at one time also, but after it came out I became aware of several features that kept me away. First, the the headphone jack is a non-standard size of 2.5mm, which means that for 99.99% of headphones you will have to use an adaptor. Why they did that is beyond me. The second thing I noticed is that they mounted the headphone jack on the long side. This means it will be difficult to put it in your pocket with headphones plugged in. I can't imagine why they did that either. Another thing is that the transitions from screen to screen are ridiculously slow. I think I would find that very annoying. The final issue that kept me away from it is the price. It seems way overpriced for what you get.

Having evaluated all this information I concluded that the PA20 wasn't what I thought it was when I first saw it. I think it looks better than it really is.

Download Post  No rating  
Newfie_Chick

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Hi Riolist,

Got another question for you. What player would you suggest that has a 2.8" or 3'' Inch Viewable screen?, first has great video playback and a decent mp3 player, also not to hard on the bank account lol.

Thanks,

Newfie Chick

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Newfie_Chick wrote (View Post): ›
Got another question for you. What player would you suggest that has a 2.8" or 3'' Inch Viewable screen?, first has great video playback and a decent mp3 player, also not to hard on the bank account lol.

I really don't want to recommned something I don't own, and I don't own a 2.8" or 3" player. The best thing you can do is read reviews from users who own the players. The mp4nation forum is a good place to hear people's opinions. Like I said, i'm partial to the new Actions ATJ2135 chipset players. I don't know if there's a larger screen player that uses it yet, but there probably will be at some point.

Download Post  No rating  
Newfie_Chick

Canada CA New Foundland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:22 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for some advice on which player to buy Back to top 

Thanks for your reply,

I'll keep what you said in mind. Thanks again for your help.

Have a good one,

Newfie Chick

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic