Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Anyone got one of these yet?

Reply to topic

Winston

USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 pm   Post subject:  Anyone got one of these yet? Back to top 

The specs look REALLY interesting for the low price:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9554

If you own one or have seen one elsewhere, any idea which Chinese outfit actually makes it? This is the first time I've seen it. The mention of 32-bit games (SNES, GBA or Neo Geo? - no one knows for sure because they don't say) really makes me curious about what chipset is in it.

Last edited by Winston on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
DimaMp4
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Seems to be cool.

Btw, DealExtreme is a great store and the owners of DX would never scam anyone/sell hacked/crappy players. I highly recommend them. Smile

Aswell as Kaidomain.com (store like dealextreme and awesome prices, about the same as DX but sometimes a lil bit cheaper)

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:43 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone got one of these yet? Back to top 

After a lot of research, I've found that the firmware looks exactly like that of the new Zarva MV209:

Compare that with the screen on the Dealextreme unit:

But the DealExtreme unit's layout is more like that of the Zarva MV208:

Anyone know what chipset the Zarva players use or reconize these screenshots from some other player with a known chipset?

Download Post  No rating  
Winston

USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:57 pm   Post subject:  Re: Anyone got one of these yet? Back to top 

I now think that the DealExtreme unit is, perhaps, an updated Cyclone:

http://tinyurl.com/2ortat

with a newer technology LCD and, perhaps, a different (and better) game emulator (or emulators) in the firmware. The chipset probably used, the Sunplus SPMP3050A:

http://www.sunplusmm.com/products/dsc/spmp.asp

should be capable of much more in the gaming area than is managed with the Cyclone. The chipset has a 168MHz ARM926EJ and a 2D hardware accelerator so, with a proper emulator in the firmware, good SNES emulation should be possible at least. With the Cyclone, it's probably the emulator in the firmware that's holding it back with SNES titles.

The mention of 32-bit games in the DealExtreme ad is what makes me think that they might be taking better advantage of the SPMP3050A in their firmware and their "High Clarity 2.5- inch TFT screen" comment is what makes me think that they're using a newer-technology LCD compared with the 2.4" LCD on the Cyclone.

I have not seen this particular model/design anywhere other than on DealExtreme. Anyone seen it anywhere else?

Download Post  No rating  
mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It looks cool, also there's another game player there that cost just about the same.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9504
Heck, it looks pretty cool, and has a bigger screen.
I was going to buy a mp4 player with camera and 2.4" screen from them, but hey, I might want to buy this one now.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic