Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

I'm thinking of buying an mp4 player for deal extreme.

Reply to topic

mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:55 pm   Post subject:  I'm thinking of buying an mp4 player for deal extreme. Back to top 

Hello, I am thinking of buying an mp4 player from dealextreme.com, (Here is the mp4 player).

But I'm not sure which one that I should get.

At first I was thinking of just getting a cheap one for about $30-35, but now I think that maybe I should kick in another $15 or $20 and buy one that has a camera, bigger screen, expandability, etc. I would very much appreciate it if you may let me know your opinion about which would be the best cheap player, and also whether not it would be good to buy a more expensive one.

I was thinking of buying this one.

I also considered a wristwatch one of the iRiver G10 ripoff, but I'm not going to complicate it any more.

Thanks,

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:41 am   Post subject:  Re: I'm thinking of buying an mp4 player for deal extreme. Back to top 

For less than $50 and free shipping that looks like a pretty good deal! There are SO many models of these mp4 players that it's very difficult to compare because nobody's tried all or even most of them. And new ones are coming out all the time. As I've said many times now, whichever one you get probably won't be your last. For a first time out, the one you picked looks like a winner, but later down the road don't be surprised if you have the urge to upgrade there are many higher-end players out there. No point right now in plunking down big $ if it turns out you don't really have that much use for the gadget. Good luck!

p.s.
-If you DID want to lay out for a higher-end unit, this is the best deal I've seen in a long time --> Archos 500868 Gmini 404 30 GB Portable Digital Video Recorder without Camcorder - 500868R

Download Post  No rating  
mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:15 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Amigajoe wrote (View Post): ›
For less than $50 and free shipping that looks like a pretty good deal! There are SO many models of these mp4 players that it's very difficult to compare because nobody's tried all or even most of them. And new ones are coming out all the time. As I've said many times now, whichever one you get probably won't be your last. For a first time out, the one you picked looks like a winner, but later down the road don't be surprised if you have the urge to upgrade there are many higher-end players out there. No point right now in plunking down big $ if it turns out you don't really have that much use for the gadget. Good luck!

p.s.
-If you DID want to lay out for a higher-end unit, This is the best deal I've seen in a long time right here!

Thanks for the advice, whatever device I buy I'll be sure to give it a review.
I'd probably feel better with getting one that someone already has had a good experience with, but I'll probably just hope for the best.
Also, that is a really good deal on the archos, I remember thinking of buying one of those during a prior sale (not as good though).

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: I'm thinking of buying an mp4 player for deal extreme. Back to top 

I guess the added advantage of buying from Deal Extreme is that it's in the States like you are.

I looked at their Warranty and Return process on their FAQ page:

How is the replacement policy? How do I get an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMAs) from DealExtreme.com?

DX gadgets, especially small electronics and accessories, are produced by manufacturers all over the place. While we strive to provide you with quality gadgets at a bargain, a product might not perform as expected by the time it's delivered. In such cases, you may ask for a replacement, and on return of the product, you will be shipped a replacement.

Defective products are exchanged within 30 days of delivery. Send us a ticket at http://support.dealextreme.com/ and upload a picture or video file clearly showing the defect of the product and we will give you a response within 72 working hours.

We recommend customers to keep the original packaging of the order until the items are found to be in good condition. Our customer care staffs may request that you send a picture of the original packaging to research on and help you resolve any product or order related questions.

For customers in the US, a reimbursement for return shipping fees is available provided that you ship the items back by First Class Airmail (with Delivery Confirmation) or by USPS Priority Mail Flat-rate Envelope to our Miami return address, whichevers fee is lower. For customers from other countries, please contact us for reimbursement details.

After 30 days from delivery the return shipping costs (both ways) will be the sole responsibility of the customer. We will still try to exchange your defective products for a brand new one where possible.

Can I use the DealExtreme receipt, obtained from online tracking, for product warranties?

DealExtreme receipts are good for all manufacturer warranties. You can get a copy at http://www.dealextreme.com/accounts. EditWhen will a replacement be sent?
Replacements are treated the same way as that of new orders -- they typically arrive in 10 to 13 days. If a product needs to be returned for replacement, the replacement is sent after receiving the returned item.

How are warranties handled?

Repairs on defective merchandise are handled by the manufacturers and not by DealExtreme, unless otherwise indicated.

If any item arrives damaged due to shipping, immediately contact the carrier. Keep all shipping materials and contact us immediately.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: I'm thinking of buying an mp4 player for deal extreme. Back to top 

Yes, that it an advantage.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic