There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Sent away order for YZ players

Reply to topic

Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:49 pm   Post subject:  Sent away order for YZ players Back to top 

I'm so excited! Zoe let me bend the MOQ rules so instead of 5 each of 4 models in my 20 pc order I got 4 each of 5 models, including those new 'touch' Nano clones we've been discussing. Pics and reviews when I get 'em.

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:46 pm   Post subject:  They're HERE! Back to top 

Only took 3 days so I'm happy. Pix and full review in a day or 2. Here's first impressions of the ones I got:

Nano III 'Tubby' as I call it. This model wasn't on the price list from YZ but Zoe reccomended it for $2 more apiece. Good build quality though the screens aren't all perfectly centered. Dock connector instead of the regular Motorola type. Video playback is above par for .amv.

Nano II - Ahhhhh the 'Touch wheel' Yes it works. Will anybody mistake it for an Apple? No, but you can scroll through the main menu as well as file lists. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm happy to say it is a true touch interface.
As Zoe revealed, it is a Rock Chip, says it right on the title screen. Plays xvid! It comes with a Chinese version of the regular avi converter software and a shareware version of Apex Video Converter v 6.36

2.8" iPhone-style: Nice looking unit! This is the M2803 model from the price list. Fit & finish is very good, video playback is outstanding. Unfortunately, the touch screen interface is a little wonky and unpredictable. I couldn't access some menu items on 1 unit, but maybe it was just a bad unit. we'll see.

Slide Gamer - Some of you have seen this one already. I've sold a couple before and I like them, especially the ability to play .nes roms Camera not so great tho (cmos).

Cube - This is a 2.8" version of the familiar (to some) 2.4" unit with the buttons along the top. Because of the button placement, it's all screen up front which looks nice and make the unit smaller. It's also a Rock Chip, so video is smooth and colorful, and the big screen really looks good in 320X240 Nice all-metal body, too.

Download Post  No rating  
mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: They're HERE! Back to top 

Sounds nice, how much did they cost?

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Look at the price list in 'Downloads'

Also, p.s. - the nano II's have downloadable games! They're in a format called .rkp which I'm not familiar with, but the one I saw here had a full-motion video intro sequence. ;-0

'nother ps - The Nano II has the push pads under the touch wheel because you can still navigate the old way by just clicking on them like before. Also, the touch wheel does work for the volume when playing by just sliding your finger around.

Last edited by Amigajoe on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
mastershake916

USA US California
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thank you, please delete my posts in this thread if needed.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

amigajoe

glad to hear you now have your new stock and that the touch wheel is actually a touch wheel

rkp game format is the standard format for rockchip games, not all rockchips have the ability to add more games, as far as is known there are only 5 games in existance and are in the downloads section here, get them and install them if you can, makes a good selling point.

are you selling on ebay and if so whats your id there

good luck with these

BTW how do you handle problems as a seller, i.e a unit is faulty and buyer sends it back - can you send it back to your supplier without any problems - i imagine it can get awkward after a while.

i have always thought about doing this myself but i have come across too many little problems with these cheap Chinese players that i am uncomfortable even recommending them to any of my friends, especially those with no idea about technology

but good luck any how

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, I'm not on eBay (as a seller) I've been selling locally to people at work and more recently now at a local flea market. That's when things really took off.I haven't had too many problems with bad ones, except broken screens on those 'glacier' players. Lucky? I always open and mess around with every player to look for problems out of the box, if I find one I don't sell it or put it out as 'scratch & dent'? I've replaced one unit so far and no I didn't try to return it. Now with these more expensive models and dealing with a manufacturer directly I'll hold them more accountable than some eBay seller. I actually get a much better price selling locally because there's almost no competition. Wink So I'll try to grow that before I'd move to online sales.

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hey man,

I am REALLY intersted in one of those Iphone knockoff's.

I checked the price out on your price list and that is pretty fair.

I would like a 4gb, or larger if possible.

in reality, I am looking for something that will play AVI (divx) videos and have a decent size screen. If you have other options, please let me know.

I have paypal and would be more than willing to purchase one from you.

thanks!

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You can always throw a mini-sd card in there if 4 gigs isn't enough. I'd be happy to include one of those in my next order. I'll let you know when I put it in. One thing, Zoe (from) YZ recommended the M2803 model over this one and I went with it. So my review covers that model, not the one we're talking about now. I discovered a touch configuration utility in the settings of the player that made navigation much more reliable, btw. ALSO at the end of the list is a big-ass 3.2" touch screen player if you really want to step up! Wink ($100 for a 4 gig)

Download Post  No rating  
jo gobel
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

USA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

what part # do you have? the m2803 "style" is just fine with me.

I personally like the m2803, the iphone28,

as for the extra storage, do they take mini sd or micro sd?

now a quick couple of questions....

1. is the m2803 the "Onda" brand that mp4nation sells?

2. is the m3201 that you mentioned the same thing as the Hacha PA20 that mp4nation sells?

3.what size headphone jacks do the m2803 and the m3201 have?

4. are you able to get this player or one that looks like it... http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=PC20

5. what do you have in stock right now that I might be interested in?

i will be honest, i am looking at purchasing something very, very soon. within the next week or two.

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Both take mini-SD

1. As far as what brand names these things are sold under, who knows! There's so much overlap and copying going on I couldn't even guess.

2. Sure looks like it. Even use the same picture in the ad.

3. M2803-3.5mm M3201 -2.5mm

4. Never seen that one from a wholesaler Sad

5. I'm actually running out of stuff right now. All the M2803's are spoken for. These things are selling like hotcakes!

-Best bet is the PA20 from MP4Nation. $150 for the 4GB is a pretty good deal.
Also, check this one out...

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic