There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

One nice function of some players not known by me

Reply to topic

DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:11 pm   Post subject:  One nice function of some players not known by me Back to top 

EDIT*** I did have to rewrite this topic due to my misuse of the term OTG (On The Go) as it was rectified by a moderator ***

One feature I learned of my rockchip players (and also of Actions ATJ-2135) is the one which allows the user to work with his player while it is charging in the USB port.

Every player has its own method to put the player in such status, but in general it works when the player is plugged to USB port (obviously) but in charging mode, this is without the control of the PC over the device.

When the player is plugged appears in the PC either as a device or as a external HDD, when this status is cut (through software disconnection in the tray icon for instance) the player go into charging mode.

If in this mode is pressed the key that call MAIN MENU... the menu will appear allowing to play song or games or whatever the users wants while the player is in charge mode.

In rockchip player seems normal to have screen showing the panel of connection while the player is charging, when is called MAIN MENU it will enter too in SAVE mode switching off such screen, which will give more life to LCD screen

This is useful too when the signal is amplified to external speakers.

Nice trick of rockchip players and according with what a moderator correct me... of many others players

Last edited by DaremoS on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The ability to use the player while connected to USB and charging is technically nothing to do with OTG and even my humble ATJ2085 & ATJ2097 players are able to do this by pressing the Menu button to drop out of the charge screen.

OTG is the ability for a player\device to act as a Host (Master) to another USB device (Slave) such as a pendrive, some cameras, other players etc.
The Player (Host) is able to access, read, write, delete and initiate transfer of files between itself and the other device (Slave).

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: OTG (On The Go) on rockchip players Back to top 

Ok ok ok... then is not OTG what I explained... sorry for that Wink

But this ability to work while the device is plugged to USB is completely new for me... let's said that I am bit ignorant and maybe a little stupid... but I really like this function, whatever its name is.

And excuse me... I didn't understand how is the function you explained... I will read more about it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS. Madman really???... gosh... you want me out of here too?... did I was too aggressive? Very Happy
sorry once again!!!... I was trying to be useful for the rest of this community

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This may help, if I had a player with OTG ability I could connect my player to other usb devices such as pendrives, cameras, portable flash card readers etc. and the player would act as your PC does when you connect a usb device.

Using the players browser function I could view and access files on the other usb device. So if I had a 2GB pendrive full of MP3's I could connect it to my player and play the tracks on the usb drive. Depending how advanced the firmware programing for OTG is I may also be able to copy\move the music files from the pendrive to the player or copy\move files from my player to the pendrive.

You could view images on your digital camera or move then to your player for storage and to free up space on the camera's sd card. You could connect to a friend player and swap music files between players.

Regarding your final comment, I have no desire to see you out of anywhere. For the most part I find your posts enjoyable, informative and without a doubt helpful.

I understand you are passionate about your players and have a noticable dislike to the more commercial brands like iPod, Zune, iAudio etc... which is not uncommon many feel the same.

That does not mean however that the Zune is a device for fools, or that anyone buying an iPhone is only interested in impressing others, neither does it make a function that others may like stupid just because you see no value in it.

It is easy to hate judgements when we are on the receiving end but sometimes we can be as guilty as those we condemn.

Peace.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic