There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

New v.9.XXX tool coming soon!

Reply to topic

crazy.neo
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:46 am   Post subject:  New v.9.XXX tool coming soon! Back to top 

Here is a email I sent wiRe (I hope he doesn't get mad or something about this!). It answers a lot of stuff and gives some news (I think):

To: wire(a)s1mp3.de
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:20 PM
Subject: Development

I'm sorry I am bugging (bugs? God forbid!) you with a couple of questions you are probably tired of answering, but I'm just writing in the behalf of a lot of people... Here we go:

1. wiRe, what exactly is the problem with extracting a working copy off the flash memory? Do these new chips come encrypted? You don't understand their structure?
2. Even though these firmwares can be modded (in my country the manufacture adds it's logo in startup, like some others), why can't we get access to the tools they use?
3. Do you have any support from the Action chipsets manufacturers in your quest? Are they against it? What do they win/loose with they actions?
4. Even though s1Clone can make backups (or not, actually killed a player while restoring, but he was kinda broken, anyway), why does it have to make a entire dump of the memory? Can't you access specific parts of the memory?
5. Can I get some info or tutorials/assistance about your development tools?
6. Do you still think that modding these firmwares is possible? Any more progress?

Hoping for a answer,
Carlos Santos a.k.a. crazy.neo

Here's the (really fast!) response I got:

1) the main problem is to access the device. i wrote giveio for this purpose. but sometimes it doesn't seems to work with v9 devices, while it works fine on other days Sad
2) they have the original firmware. if you have this file too, you could use any older s1res and the usual upload functionality (eg.: s1fwx, upload tool, product tool)
3) there was no reply from actions all the time, and other ppl tried it too. it's china, i don't think they understand the term "support".
4) s1clone just backups the whole flash because i don't know the exact structure of all items stored there. all data is scrambled over the whole chip. if i only would backup the first pages, there would be a good chance the device wouldn't be able to restore from it. maybe someday i will find a way to format a flash on my own, then it's not needed to have a whole flash dump anymore.
5) not more than you could find on the net already (also search the forum and wiki)
6) s1res v3 will get released in aprox. 1/2 weeks. it will work with most v9 devices (i hope so), but it will be a comercial tool.

So, yeah, the hope is not dead for v.9! It's kinda sad it's commercial, but that's okay, since he worked hard to make it...
Just thought I should share this info to you...

Download Post  No rating  
blackcrusader
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Australia AU Victoria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

wow nice. i can't wait until the new tool comes out

Download Post  No rating  
gemelo71
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Columbia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:14 pm   Post subject: Question Re: New v.9.XXX tool coming soon! Back to top 

hi everybody,
i don't know why there are a lot of tools and soft to the rockchip, tools to mod imagens, font, upload fw etc,etc. And we don't find nothing to mp4 actions chip why???? i hope nextly we have a new tool to V9.0xx and what does wire mean when he said comercial tool???

Gemelo71

Download Post  No rating  
crazy.neo
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Portugal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 pm   Post subject: Question Re: New v.9.XXX tool coming soon! Back to top 

gemelo71 wrote (View Post): › hi everybody,
i don't know why there are a lot of tools and soft to the rockchip, tools to mod imagens, font, upload fw etc,etc. And we don't find nothing to mp4 actions chip why???? i hope nextly we have a new tool to V9.0xx and what does wire mean when he said comercial tool???

Gemelo71

That is because in those chipsets the memory is not scrambled, and plus, they do count on the manufactors tools.
About being a commercial tool, it probably means that you must donate to use it.

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I guess that currently the trend for such players are going towards the Rockchip chipsets. Thus more tools are being developed for rockchip.

Commercial tools as WiRe had mentioned would be to pay to unlock the software for full functionality. This would be a small (worthwhile) price to pay to be able to customize your player i reckon.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic