Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

MP4 Player "Not Recognized"

Reply to topic

JackMan

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 pm   Post subject: Question MP4 Player "Not Recognized" Back to top 

Hi guys, great forum and some really useful information. I've been searching this forum for the past hour ... unsuccessfully getting nowhere with this MP4 4GB "Nano clone" Player ... basically will not 'install' and/or will not be recognised under WinXP ... but I am able to navigate the device, and 'play' the basic sample files on the player, go thru all the menus and test out all its features but currently can't do much else details:

This is a link to a decent image of the player:
http://www.citronid.com/images/ProPIC/200671155620200.jpg

This is a link from the site here that has the exact same 'user manual' that I got printed as a small little booklet:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/mp4-manual-for-nano-clone-df549.html

It was listed on ebay as (which I'll need to check when I get home, I'll post it later if needs be) a "MP4 4GB 4Go Samsung" MP3 Player, Black.

Firmware Information:

LG MP3 PLAYER
LH-92-01
CM60022
2007-09-27
ACT_V9.1.52

Anyway, I consistantly keep getting the default Windows USB Error, which I've seen reference many times:

"One of the USB decives attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message."

Now, same error, on three seperate PCs, so I know it isn't a local problem.

1 PC is running WinXP Pro, SP2 2x USB & 2x USB2 slots.
2. My laptop is WinXP HE SP1 4x USB Slots.
3 and the other is WinXP Pro as well with 3x USB2 slots.

I am not using a USB HUB, ALL and I mean all, other USB devicess are working properly of off those other PCs and relevant USB slots and I know the USB cable with the MP4 Player is working, because (well it says it is) currently charging... however maybe it is faulty?

Also the CD that I got with this was a purple mini-disc with mostly either Japanese or Chinese - I dont know which because it is presenting the files with weird symbols - it is loaded with *.*mp4 and *.*mp3 files all 'not' English, the PC-Sync.exe would not install right away on one PC, but basically it is a CellPhone Manager tool asking me for which Cell Phone ID. There is a USB dir with 3 "2K_XP_COM", "98_Mass" and "98ME_COM" none of which work. Lastly an app among some useless others called "WinMPG_VideoConvert" which again will not install with a syntax error!

Anyway I am currently at a total blank and haven't a clue, I doubt even trying fdisk or install a new fw would work because, I cant get it to comm with any PC, is it likely that this is just D.O.A. ? Or do I really need a USB Driver to get this thing going?

Any and all comments, help, pointers, would be much appreciated, thank you in advance and I hope I've include enough information above to assit anyone trying to help with this.

Cheers

Download Post  No rating  
JackMan

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

...discovered more information, potentially some light on 'why'. It seems (but I have to varify this) that the firmware for this device is specifically for LG Camcorders or cam-fones, and will ONLY ever connect to the PC when the sd card is in place otherwise it will 'be unconnectable' ... which when it is currently on an MP4 Player like mine, it's impossible for it to get connectable reverting to the above malfunction. So perhaps I simply need to work out a way to edit the f/w? Or, install a new one via some other means, eg (if do-able) bridge the jumpers and reset the whole device? Does anyone know how to do that, if at all?

Download Post  No rating  
gaboon
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Malaysia
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

JackMan
your player firmware..

LG MP3 PLAYER
LH-92-01
CM60022
2007-09-27
ACT_V9.1.52

i'm quite sure thatur player is Action chipset player because the player firmware version is ACT_V9.1.52 ..this is the latest firmware version from actions...i do think this prob is not caused by the firmware..(bcoz ur player works well right?) this is maybe becoz hardware malfunction at the usb connection in the mp4 player..the usb connection in the player is maybe not soldered well..that is why ur pc show this message..

One of the USB decives attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message

..i do recommend u to contact the company and ask a new one..if u got warranty

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic