Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Can't figure out how to remove hack memory from my 4GB playe

Reply to topic

monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:29 pm   Post subject:  how long does a Hailitele chipod last until hacked? Back to top 

I just bought a new hailitele mp4 4GB not knowing it gets hack later on. I was just wondering how long does it usually last? I download some songs and it works just fine so far. my firmware is 9.1.52

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

monkeykingy , it depends on what is your actual memory chip size. But likely it is only 1GB.

Assuming it is 1GB, you won't have any problems until you start storing more than 1GB of music/data files (i.e 1.01GB to 4GB). What happens is from the 1.01GB point, the new files (ghost files) attributes are stored, but not the data itself. So when you start playing them, you'll get Format Errors.

As the firmware is also stored on the memory chip, these "Ghost files" stores over the firmware files too. When you try to delete these "ghost files" that always cause the Format Error, you risk deleting/corrupting the firmware at the same time.

To answer your question, there is no fixed time. Some manage to use it for a few weeks, others maybe 15minutes and it's dead.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I checked the memory on the mp4 and on my computer and it says 4 GB. so I can download music up to 1 Gb?

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: how long does a Hailitele chipod last until hacked? Back to top 

Hi monkeykingy,

I would suggest going through the step by step guide here -> How To: Removing Memory Hack.

This should clear the memory hack on it and prevent further problems for you. It's best to remove the memory hack as soon as you can, otherwise you'll run into 'format errors' and hassles with your player not reading the files stored on it.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Before I started downloading, I went in my computer and format it already. Then before I started downloading, I went in Window Media Player and deleted all the songs on it. Do I have to format it again and erase all of MY songs?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, chances are if you downloaded over 1gb of songs onto it, most of your songs are not truly on there. You can always try to copy from your player back onto your computer and then may be able to save some of the songs.

As far as wanting to know how long your player will last, some players after the memory hack is removed will play fine indefinitely. However, if you do not remove the memory hack, you will most certainly run into problems as lattesurf said.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I downloaded the 3.68 version, because that's the only version I could download, but I don't see the screen like it shows on the link. when I click on the icon, it has 3 choices: modify, repair or remove. I already tried the repair. anything else?

Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I found the icon and the box open up but it says "Not Detected Removable Disk. Please check the disk connecting or reboot system" what do I do next?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Is your player turned on before you connect it? If not, try that first.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ok, there's no more error sign but I can't move the bar in the Partition and Encrypt tab. and when I tried to start formating it shows error sign saying Formating Failed.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic