Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Legit 4GB?

Reply to topic

Zyther

Australia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:06 am   Post subject:  Legit 4GB? Back to top 

Before i paided for it, the seller confirmed it was 4GB (4000megs)

still waiting for him to ship it cause i just paided for it.

heres a pic of it.

heres the ebay link: NEW IN BOX - 4GB MP3 / MP4 PLAYER - BLUE - VOICE FM REC.

think it will be a legit 4GB?

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:54 am   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

Unfortunately you can't tell whether it's a legit 4GB player by looking at it or from a photo. The only real way to know is to format it and also look at the memory chip inside the player to confirm what size it really is.

Keep us posted when you get your player.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Zyther

Australia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:54 am   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

hopefully it will be legit, according to the seller it is, and he is australian by the looks of it, so hopefully wont be a dodgy chinese scammer.

The Message i sent him to state clearly the size.

Quote: › Hey, I Just won the bid on this player, and it states in the header 4GB, then in the description, Storage Capacity: 4 GB.

But then in a nother part of the page you put
For Auction - BRAND NEW - Mp3/4 Player - 4Gb
4Gb Memory (1000 songs)
4Gb Mp3/4 Player

stating 4Gb not 4GB like in the header and description, im just wanting to know what is it, as you stated 2 different things.

So which is it?

gigabytes GB (Note: uppercase "B") Number of megabytes :1000

or

gigabit Gb (Note: lowercase "b") Number of megabytes :125

His reply
Quote: › Hi,

The storage capacity is: 4GB = 4000MB

Thanks.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

Hi Zyther.

The probability that this player is hacked is extremely high. In the description there is a clue that this player is a hack.

Look at the memory capacity. It says "4Gb" with a small letter "b". For this player to be a real 4GB player, it should say 4GB with a capital letter B.

4Gb means 4 Gigabits, a very small capacity. 4GB means 4 Gigabytes, a large capacity.

4 Gigabits (4Gb) = 512MB (megabytes). That means this player does not have a large memory capacity.

Hacked sellers do this because very few people know the difference and don't know there is a huge difference between gigabytes and gigabits So when buyers read "4Gb" with a small letter b they think it has a very large capacity. Its not. It means 4 Gigabits or 512MB player because 4Gb = 512MB.

Some buyers simply miss the clue because it is so sutle.

It may be a bit confusing and I hope I've explained it ok. Just know that when you read a player having 4Gb with a small letter "b", you are really looking at a player with a memory capacity of only 512MB, a very small memory capacity. It is not a real 4GB player.

When a buyer complains the seller emails back with something like "the memory capacity was clearly marked 4Gb. You should have known the difference". The seller will blame the buyer.

If the buyer puts in a claim with ebay, the seller shows ebay the description saying "the capacity is clearly marked" and the history of ebay has been to deny the claim.

Check your player as soon as it arrives. The probility that your player is hacked is extremely high.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:37 am   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

Hi Zyther.

While I was getting the message together with the screen shot of the description you must have been writing about GB and Gb. It took me about half an hour to write the message, do the photo and try to find some links about GB and Gb.

I didn't find any good links. But that took some time. You must have been typeing while I was Googleing. Laughing

Just ignore what I said. You saw the same thing as I did in the description.

Smile

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:52 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The guy doesn't have much feedback as a seller and none as a seller of mp4s. Doesn't look good in my opinion. Probably a known scammer with a new ID. Check it out as soon as it arrives and file a dispute with Paypal.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
Brew Swillis

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 pm   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

I don't know if this will give you any comfort.......but Chinese scammer rogerlam628 told me that he needed to get at least $58US shipped, to make money on a legit 4GB player. With the money conversion, it appears you paid around $58US shipped. So you paid enough to get a 4GB, and if you don't, you need to raise Hell!!

Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

well, mine says 4 GB but I'm not sure. can you guys check it out?
Capacity

4GB flash drive

Protects private information by self-defined password

Holds up to 1,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format

Holds up to 12,500 photos

Stores data via USB flash drive

Display

1.5-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight

128-by-96-pixel resolution

168-mm dot pitch

Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Audio

Skip-free playback

Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz

Audio formats supported: ACT, ASF, MP3, WAV and WMA

User-configurable maximum volume limit

7 presets EQ: rock, natural, soft, pop, classic, jazz, DBB

6 playing modes: normal, repeat one, repeat folder, repeat all, random, intro

2 replaying mode: manual replay, auto replay

Video

Video formats supported: WMV, MPG, MPEG I, MPEG II, and AVI

Convert to AMV

Photo storage

Built in picture/photo viewer

Convert JPEG, GIF, SWF, PIC, etc picture files to be viewed by AMV

Additional features

Built-in clock

e-Book (supports TXT, IRC files)

Games

Inter-changeable animated startup screens

Screen auto shut off to save battery

Support ID3

The lyrics of music files can be shown on screen

Integrated speaker

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:03 am   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

You can check your player here using these instructions:

http://mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This seller could also be a past scammer that set up a new account. But this is pure speculation. We'll need to wait till you receive it and formatted it to verify the actual capacity.

A note about Brew Swillis's comment, assuming that the bid does not hit $58, does it mean that the seller would send a hacked player instead? Wouldn't this be fraud? In auctions, there is no guarantee that the bid would reach a certain amount. Unless the seller is shill bidding in the background. But anyway, everyone knows that "rogerlam628" talks nothing but BS.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Brew Swillis

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lattesurf wrote (View Post): › This seller could also be a past scammer that set up a new account. But this is pure speculation. We'll need to wait till you receive it and formatted it to verify the actual capacity.

A note about Brew Swillis's comment, assuming that the bid does not hit $58, does it mean that the seller would send a hacked player instead? Wouldn't this be fraud? In auctions, there is no guarantee that the bid would reach a certain amount. Unless the seller is shill bidding in the background. But anyway, everyone knows that "rogerlam628" talks nothing but BS.

Of course it's fraud....but we all know that "rogerlam628" is a scammer. After I bought one of his hacked players, and sent him an email saying that I knew it was hacked.....he eventually told me that I could buy a legit 4GB player from him for $58. He told me that "I am smart, and should have known that I couldn't get a 4GB player for $46." I'm sure, even if you spend more than $58 or a "rogerlam628" 4GB player, he will still send you a 2GB one.

Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

I have another question, if it is a hacked 4 GB player does the memory info on the player display the real memory?

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

monkeykingy , no the memory info would also display 4GB. However the percentage of usage would start to show weird values after you start storing/removing files from your player.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
millstonemike

USA US New Jersey
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:06 pm   Post subject:  Re: Legit 4GB? Back to top 

Hello,

I bought an 8 GB (so the offer said) 3rd Gen Nano replica. Actually, I bought 10 units direct from china. XP Explorer shows 8GB but the memory value is definately hacked.

I loaded a 1.3 GB music collection and when I browsed the flash drive using XP Eplorer, I noticed several folders (e.g., artist collections) had garbage in their directories.

I tried a couple of versions of the MP3 player disk utitilies (mentioned on MyMPXPlayer.org) and they all reported 4GB but refused to format the flash drive.

Then I tried the disk utilty that came with the player and used the low level format. It reformatted the drive to 1 GB and XP now sees a 1 GB drive. This would support the observations of corrupted files when I load the 1.3 GB of music.

If you received a utilility on the disk that came with the unit, reformat the drive (low level) and it may deliver an accurate drive size (and avoid corruptted files every time you overload the drive when Windows (et. al) is working on an artifically inflated drive size.

Regards,

Millstonemike

Download Post  No rating  
monkeykingy

USA US California
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried using the how to remove hack memory tool but it won't let me slide the slider to find the true memory and it won't let me format my player either. I don't know how else to find the real memory.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic