Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel?

Reply to topic

leopold stotch

USA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:34 pm   Post subject:  2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

Has anyone seen a 2nd gen Nano clone that has a click wheel that works like the original Apple Nano instead of just having four push buttons?

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:23 am   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

Funny. I'm looking at a picture of one right now! So yes, they do exist. Whether anyone is selling them yet is another question. I didn't find anything on ebay or anywhere else I looked. I'll be uploading the file I have in a minute so you can see for yourself.

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

as far as i know this does not exist - would cost too much to implement and these players are cheap for quick sale and mass production
be interested to see your player Amigajoe

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

-Since they take the trouble to distinguish the 'Normal' from 'Touch Wheel ' models, I can only assume that it means what it says...

BTW, this is from the wholesale price list I mentioned in another post, that's why they're so cheap.Wink I'll be placing an order in about a week. Anybody interested, lemme know...

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i would say do not be fooled

this looks like standard nano clone to me

i would bet my player collection that this is not touch like an ipod but just normal buttons

seller of these devices will say anything to get you to but them and what exactly does "touch wheel" really mean - any wheel can be touched, you have to touch the wheel to click the buttons - now i am not being rude here this is what they would say if you complained to them that they were not like an ipod touch wheel.

"copy and paste" - this is in high practice on these type of sites, they probably grabbed the info from some other place - if you think they are touch wheel like ipod then do not buy them in wholesale - order a sample first, if they wont sell you a sample then go else where
buy 1 sample and be sure

this seems to be the site your player originates from
nano2e player with a wheel

i would not trust anything they say as on their front page the first image they show is a real ipod - they do not sell them!!!
why would you buy these any way, why not follow the trend and get some 3rd gen nano clones instead

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:15 pm   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

Yes, that's it. I AM getting some 3rd gens, but these are still popular as well, and you can't beat the price. I'm getting a mix of players, and I'm definitely getting some of these touch models. It'll be a big selling point if they work like a real Apple click-wheel, and I think technology has reached the point where it economical for the knock-off mfg's to do it by now. Oh well, Caveat emptor. Even if I'm wrong I'll still make a profit! Wink

Download Post  No rating  
Brew Swillis

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

"Touch Wheel"

My Chipod has a touch wheel too. You can touch up, down, left, and right! Laughing

Download Post  No rating  
leopold stotch

USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

Amigajoe,

When you get your order in, if the menu wheel does work like the Apple Nano I may well be interested in buying one from you. Let me know when you get one in your hands.

Leo

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Will do...

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Brew Swillis wrote (View Post): ›
"Touch Wheel"

My Chipod has a touch wheel too. You can touch up, down, left, and right! Laughing

does it work exactly like ipod i.e. can you run your finger around to make the menus go up and down etc

i bet i know what they have done

they may have taken the heat touch technology from LG and also found on the teclast players and put it under the wheel, Brew Swillis can you confirm, so each button becomes touch sensitive but it would not be true touch wheel in the ipod sense

sorry amigajoe i may have been partially wrong but in this cheap chinese mp4 market you kind of take everything the sellers and wholesellers say with a large pinch of salt

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Apple clickwheel would likely be based on something like a laptop's mouse touchpad. If you noticed, the ipod scrolling goes much faster when you scroll your finger at a faster rate.

So if you scrolled slowly for 1 round, you might scroll through perhaps 15songs. But if you did it in a single fast motion, you'll probably scroll through 50songs. Works the same as a laptop.

Would be very interested to know of the real clone's "clickwheel" technology.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Brew Swillis

USA US Michigan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

makd511 wrote (View Post): ›
"Touch Wheel"

does it work exactly like ipod i.e. can you run your finger around to make the menus go up and down etc

i bet i know what they have done

they may have taken the heat touch technology from LG and also found on the teclast players and put it under the wheel, Brew Swillis can you confirm, so each button becomes touch sensitive but it would not be true touch wheel in the ipod sense

sorry amigajoe i may have been partially wrong but in this cheap chinese mp4 market you kind of take everything the sellers and wholesellers say with a large pinch of salt

I'm sorry if you didn't get my joke. I was joking that the Chinese manufacturer was calling it a touch wheel, because you have to touch it to press up, down, left, or right. Kinda like when they say 8GB, but they mean gigabit, knowing all too well that people will misunderstand what they are saying. I'm pretty sure they won't ever have a touch sensitive "click wheel" like Apple's.

Download Post  No rating  
sumbody

Canada CA Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:25 pm   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

I just got one of these unit, and sorry to say....

It's still just a click wheel, with no wheel action Crying or Very sad I got it because it looks so much nicer than the 1'st generation ones. Also because the other unit I had didn't have any battery management (Sleep/off mode) drained battery so if I left it "soft off" over night the unit was useless in the morning.

Has 4 games and different record mode options. Sadly I still can't backup the firmware since it's too new still 9.1.52. 2 G's, and they call them MP4's cause I'm not 100% sure, but the AMV format is MP4 compression.

I don't think there has been any real documentation on the AMV format. Trying to get away from M$, and no real Linux version is available for the AVI to AMV conversion.

Other than that not much new except that the usb is a larger plug, and the earplug is 3.5mm and not 2.5mm Smile

Screen is OLED as well so it's brighter too.

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 am   Post subject:  Re: 2nd Gen Nano Clones - Click Wheel? Back to top 

sumbody

-I don't think you have the model we're talking about. All the nano clones look pretty much alike. As I said, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet. The difference between it and the regular model isn't something you can see, it would have to specifically say 'touch' on the packaging somewhere, I think...

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm pretty sure they won't ever have a touch sensitive "click wheel" like Apple's.

i agree totally

you - you little joker you!!

but amiga joe uploaded a price list from his supplier that shows image of fake nano 2 with 2 descriptions, normal and touch wheel - what this exactly means is anyones guess

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic