Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Please help me find the best MP4 (+games) player for me ...

Reply to topic

santiagokq

Argentina
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:54 am   Post subject: Question Please help me find the best MP4 (+games) player for me ... Back to top 

I'd like to buy an MP4 player, but the quality level varies a lot, so I wouldn't know which one. I tried with the few ones that I have available in online stores here (Argentina), but didn't like them much. So I guess I'll have one sent from the USA.

What I care about the most is video playing: 2.8" screen at least, with good visual quality (320x240 or better), and standard codec support (DivX/XviD with MP3 or AAC sound; not AMV and all that). This one was great for that, but didn't have games:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-30099625-reproductor-mp4-de-4gb-a-8gb-pantalla-28-gigante-ariculares-_JM

I'd also like to be able to play console games (NES at least, everything else will be welcome); the MP4 I tried can't play half of my NES ROMs (especially the "hacked" ones: Street Fighter, etc), and doesn't play SNES games although it says it does.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-30866459-reproductor-camara-filmadora-mp4-mp3-2-gb-pantalla-28-tft-_JM

Music is not that important to me, but it'd be great if it had support for "music library" (organizing songs by tag: artist, genre, etc), instead of just subfolders.

I don't really care about the camera, or the radio, or the voice recording. eBook reading isn't mandatory, but it'd be great if it could also read PDFs. And of course I'd also like a nice battery life.

About the storage capacity, 2 Gb (plus SD support) would be OK, but I'd be willing to pay a little extra for more. And I wouldn't know about the prices, so go ahead and surprise me. If you also had a good seller, well that would be perfection.

Well that's about it. If you could give me a hand, I'd really appreciate it, because I don't want to have something sent from abroad, without knowing if it's any good.

Thanks in advance,
santiagokq

Download Post  No rating  
santiagokq

Argentina
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: Please help me find the best MP4 (+games) player for me Back to top 

What about this one? Looks perfect for me! Has anyone tried it, or that brand, or that seller? Does anyone know a better model?
http://www.mp4nation.net/products/index.php?PID=J301

Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Please help me find the best MP4 (+games) player for me Back to top 

I think that player was recently added to the mp4nation site. Many people have bought from the site including me. Communication is decent and the players arrive although it can take 2 to 4 weeks from date of order. This is pretty normal from Hong Kong in my experience. Customs clearance in your country can be a significant part of this.

Here's a link to a JXD forum on the mp4nation site that may give you some additional info. Posting questions on it may give you some comfort regarding the player.

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=ebb87f62dbed8aa86819e8ab94e638d7

Download Post  No rating  
Amigajoe
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 pm   Post subject:  Re: Please help me find the best MP4 (+games) player for me Back to top 

I have this one:
ebay link

-It plays NES games (most of them) and seems after a few weeks to be reasonble quality.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic