There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware

Reply to topic

DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:32 pm   Post subject: Great ! Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware Back to top 

I've installed the latest firmware for Teclast C260, which has been released few days ago.
It has got a lot of new functions now. Such as:
. playlists sorted by artist or album.
. resume function for music, movies, photos and e-book. When user quit and back later, it will load directly to the part was left
. ID3v1 tag support has been introduced, appearing in screen.

I've tested the new firmware and with minor bugs it works as it should

Teclast have announced too the implementation of Microsoft PlayFX which is surround for earphones.

With this... Rockchip firmware for Teclast and Onda is becoming more powerful and equally reliable.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:43 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware Back to top 

Just one slight problem with this..

All the modding software doesn't work for the new version 7.00 firmware, it only works on the version 5.00 firmware.

So far only teclast c260 uses the version "7.00" , even the new Onda 858 is version "5.00", the two versions are very different if fact so different that they may have an impact on buying decisions in the future.

I suspect the main driving force for version "7.00" is to enable DRM support and not real improvements in function. Wink

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware Back to top 

That's true... I think it's matter of time... I have a wonderful skin in version 01.09.0009 that I would like to move to 01.10.0001... I was polishing it when the new firmware appears.
The other problem is that it has been missed support for FLV and FM.ini... I will see how long will it take to add it again.

Concerning Onda VX858 modding... I do have a skin in my Onda VX858 too... and I would like to change it... do you know where I can get corresponding file LST?

Thxs in advance

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware Back to top 

yes Daremo

I did manage to view the new 01.10.0001 in RKLogoEdit by hacking the version number, but found that all the images and everything had been moved around, not sure if there will be a new RKLogoEdit for this as it was intended to support Onda devices I think.

I did actually find a .lst file for VX858, but it was in Chinese and crashed the software, but it should work if translated into Roman alphabet. I'll have a look and upload it if I can get it to work.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Rockchip firmware is turning into a complete firmware Back to top 

I was trying to do the same with a lst for Teclast C290... gosh it's a lot of work Wink

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic