There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!!

Reply to topic

Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:49 am   Post subject:  3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

mp4nation

They come in 1, 2 and 4 GB!!!

Is think these are pictures from the real stuff, does anyone has real life picture from the clones?

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:05 pm   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

The chinese fakes for this model have been avaiable for a while. They were avaiable 6 weeks before iPod released the real players. A lot of us knew iPod was releasing a real player because the fakes came first.

Whatever the fake chinese manufactures are doing we know what iPod is doing.

The picture is a fake. These 3rd generation or fake video players are the worse yet - they crash alot, the video skips and the battery life is really bad - 3 to 6 months.

If you enjoy wasting money go for it. They are aweful. 1, 2 and 4GB are standard. They also have 8GB but they are really really bad. And there are 16GB but the second 8GB is a fake chip. There is a new release of a hack file for the 16GB.

Stay away from them. They are really bad.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

I should have also said that the real iPod video players in this model are awesome. Its only the fakes that are really bad.

I bought a real iPod Video when they came out and got it for 199.99 Canaadian. Its worth the money. Super clear and crisp screen, great battery life. Awesome.

Its just the fakes that are really bad, and all capacities, 1, 2, 4GB and the really bad 8GB and the hacked 16GB. All the fakes are bad. There are alos hacked fake models from 1GB to 16GB. Stay away from these and becareful.

Download Post  No rating  
Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I realized that the players on the picture are the real stuff. I was wondering if someone had a real life picture of the player or even a Video review.

mp4nation offers these players, and mp4nation has got a good reputation. I don't think that they will take the risk to ruin their reputation because of a fake Nano player.

It would we great if Razzer would be so nice to take some pictures from the actual fake Nano player of make a nice video review (like all his other reviews)

I realize that these players are no replacement for the real iPod Nano, you get what you pay for.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:54 pm   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

When it comes to the player itself it doesn't matter much about the seller. The same sellers sell the same players. It's like Walmart or Best Buy - all the same iPod.

Same for fake sellers - all the same fake chinese product, just different sellers.

So regardless of the seller, online store or eBay, its all the same player.

You are so right - you do get what you pay for.

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

ashley_rb wrote (View Post): ›
When it comes to the player itself it doesn't matter much about the seller. The same sellers sell the same players. It's like Walmart or Best Buy - all the same iPod.

Same for fake sellers - all the same fake chinese product, just different sellers.

You are so right - you do get what you pay for.

But sellers have a choice of which players to sell. Honest sellers would be unlikely to sell players that are inherently bad. It's difficult to judge Chinese players by appearance alone. There may be lookalikes where one is bad and the other is good. That's why buying from trusted sellers is important. They are the middle men between the manufacturer and the consumer and ideally filter the bad stuff out so the consumer gets good merchandise, and both the seller and manufacture benefit as well.

Download Post  No rating  
ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Riolist wrote (View Post): › ...both the seller and manufacture benefit as well.

That brings up an interesting part of this conversation.

There is very little talk about what the chinese manufactures are doing. They take the iPod design, copy it and sell the players they've made from copying the real iPod design.

What would happen if GM took a Chrysler designed car, copied the body but put in a different interior?

A seller knowning buying fake iPods and selling them - Is it legal? Is it right?

One thing is for sure, there isn't much chat about fake chinese iPods and how they are counterfiets and ripped off designs.

Are all the sellers selling counterfiet iPods really that honest in the first place?

Download Post  No rating  
makd511
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:45 am   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!

a new generation of nano clones - jsu what we need!!!

ashley is right - stay away from these, its just not worth it

we have all, at one time or another, had our fingers burnt with fake nanos (me included). i have been conned by a memory hacked player, experienced extremely poor battery life (3 hours play time!!!) on several of these devices, had them fall to pieces (click wheel fell off - TWICE!!) - and let not forget the poor sound quality (get a player of decent quality and you will see what i mean) and the list goes on.

These clones are designed for one thing only, to make money as fast as
possible for the cloners, by using Apples design and marketing to draw in unsuspecting buyers.

Ebay is one of the reasons these players are so popular and one would hope that they put a stop to these devices before they have a chance to take off, of course will ebay stop people selling them - mmmmm, i dont think so.

i HATE that these pieces of SHIT (sorry for language) are even made, i started off innocently as many did by thinking i was getting a bargin but i have learned the hard way - now we neeed to do something to stop these clones in their tracks.

i am surprised that MP4nation is stocking these, i know they stock 2nd gen clones and i wish they would not, mp4nation is getting a good rep of selling the new breed of branded, high quality and supported range of mp4 players, so why ruin it now - razzer where are you, come here and explain.

i think admin should put up a BIG banner on the front page of this site telling people NOT TO BUY NEW NANO CLONES ( in red of course Wink

i really do not like these clones and feel that china needs to progress, they are now making some great players and producing some great new companies that are genuine i.e. onda, teclast, hacha, meizu etc....

these fakes do noting but harm chinas reputation and do not understand why they would want to let this continue, this is ridiculous and has to stop

anyway sorry for the rant but its awful knowing that it is just all an accident waiting to happen

Download Post  No rating  
Zaphod
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Iceland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ashley_rb wrote (View Post): › Same for fake sellers - all the same fake chinese product, just different sellers.

While knockoffs/fakes/clones aren't my cup of tea, that statement is complete bunk.

There are dozens and dozens of companies in and around the Shenzhen area making these things and everything from choice of components to the quality of workmanship can and do vary immensely. From utter and total crap to quite decent and well worth the money.

Still, as with any no-brand Chinese product, the initial disposition towards them should be 'buyer beware'. Preferably let someone else be the guinea-pig or at least buy from a reputable seller.

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:38 am   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

makd511 wrote (View Post): ›
i think admin should put up a BIG banner on the front page of this site telling people NOT TO BUY NEW NANO CLONES ( in red of course Wink

Oh, I see, only the red ones are bad! OK, thanks!

haha, just kidding. Personally, the fake styles don't bother me. That's a matter between Apple and the Chinese manufacturer, it's not the consumers job to be the 'Apple Police'. I don't see anything wrong with a person buying a Chinese Apple clone (as long as the quality is good or the price is in line with the quality) as long as they know they're buying a copy and not the real thing. If the player does what the consumer wants at a good price, they should be allowed to buy it. Apple isn't paying me big bucks to stop the clones, so it's none of my business, and if there's a player that I like for whatever reason I should be allowed to buy it.

Download Post  No rating  
Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Here are some real life picture from the clones. The interface is the "classic" Actionchip style.

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

wow.. pure knockoff.. looks exactly the same as the real deal, except for the interface. Let's give it 1 month and see who is the first person to post a thread about problems for this player. Very Happy

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I will be that one, just bought a 4gb version from mp4nation. I will give a review when it arrives. Price was 52 Euro for a 4GB version shipping included. Even when it sucks it will never make me bankrupt.

Download Post  No rating  
Riolist
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thank goodness there's no red one. They must be good!

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:47 am   Post subject:  Re: 3rd generation Nano Clones are out !!! Back to top 

well in our defense, we keep it because there is a demand and although i would prefer not to carry it, other people involved with MP4 Nation feel it should be there.

If a person buys one on our site, then the buyer knows what they are getting, as quality goes, we don't hide the fact that iSlims have the lowest audio and video quality on our site, but for many that is all they want and all they can afford. These type of players are just glorified S1MP3 players.

Our players are of a lot better quality and they use the newer action chipsets than those sold on eBay, if a problem arises, we will fix it.

At least on our site people have the chance to make their own decision and choose without being tricked. So a person chooses a iSlim player, they know what they are getting. I would rather see people save up and buy something better than a iSlim.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic