There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

What chipset does this player have?

Reply to topic

alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 am   Post subject: Question What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

Does anybody know what chipset does this player have? It's got a camera and nes emu, but I think it's not a standard player as far as I can see. I hope it's not a sunplus...

Thanks in advance.

Good player: KiORA K7702 (SPMP3052A)
Dead player: Nexus Nomad A217 2gb, broken screen
EarBuds: Sony TwinTurbo MDR-E755
Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

alex2pb , i think likely it is a Sunplus chipset. i've recently received a Cyclone PMP from uxcell which is very similar to this player you listed. Has all the typical functions of a normal player, 2.4" screen, 1.3 MP camera (though i doubt it is even 1.3), NES emulator, but no FM radio.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi lattesurf!

Thanks for taking the time to answer Smile. Damn this thing. I hate SunPlus Sad. I thought it's at least an ANKYA solution inside. Is this player good of anything? Oh, and the f***ers who sell it say that it does have radio. I think i won't buy it afterall. Is there a way to backup the firmware or anything?

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

it could be a Anikya, a lot of players are now coming out with camera and nes emulator that are Anikya chipset.

I also agree, sunplus is not a good chipset, JXD uses sunplus for a lot of their player and it is a pain in the butt to do firmware updates.

Romania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:54 am   Post subject:  Re: What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

If you're trying to get a decent MP4 player try visiting Media-Zen. I've got a decent feedback from the seller and he's selling known good players.
When I started to look for a pmp player i also got attracted by the camera enabled ones like the ones from this site: Gimex but i'd advise you to stay away. First of all the chipsets on camera enabled players are bad news. I have a pretty good hunch that the above pictured player is actually a sunplus Sad because the player has been for sale for quite a long time.

Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 am   Post subject:  Re: What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

I love the Gemei X750 player, but I don't have that money unfortunately... I think I'll go with the one in the pic I posted... I found their original OEM manufacturer and the player seems to have nice features (http://www.top-tech.net.cn/EN/product_unit.asp?id=183). This seems to have an ARM based processor Sisis:S210C01. This is all the info I found:

Code: ›
Shanghai SiliconIP Technologies Co., Ltd. (SISIS) is established on Jan.7, 2005

And some chip info (WOW)
Code: ›
Process
-0.18um
Core
- ARM922T
Frequency
-200MHz
Memory
-Embedded 32KB SRAM and external memory interface for SDRAM and asynchronous SRAM
PowerManage
-Run, Sleep, Stop power mode
DMA
-Six channel direct memory access controller, support chain transfer mode
USB
-USB2.0 OTG (High Speed)
NAND-IF
-Large/Little Page
UART
-Two universal asynchronous receiver/transmitters
CMOSI
-CMOS sensor interface with TV-in interface
LCDC
-Support 800x600 TFT Active LCD panel
-Support CCIR601/CCIR656 TV Out
SSI/I2S
-Synchronous serial interface and inter-IC Sound
Other
-Watdog Timer, Timer,

Software

MIDI
-Yes
MP3 Decoder
- Yes
MP3 Encoder
- Yes
WMA Decoder
- Yes
TTS
- Yes
Speech Recognization
-Plan
Call Recorder
- Yes
MPEG4 Decoder
-QVGA SP
MPEG4 Encoder
-QCIF
M-JPEG2000
-Plan
TV-In/Out
- Yes
H264 Codec
-Plan

So now we have Actions, Rockchip, Sunplus, Anyka and SiliconIP hehe.

About Gimex, I think they're conning people. I asked them some things a while ago and they didn't answer my email at all. I'd better not risk...

The good thing is that if I buy it through the store I can replace it if it breaks.

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Generally comparing this player (Sunplus) to nano clones (Actions), it is much better. At least this player plays .avi or .mp4 video format at 30 FPS (finally an MP4 player that plays .mp4!). One of the best thing would be the NES emulator, there are like tons of free NES roms on the internet.

Though i'm still wondering how to adjust the volume on the speaker during gameplay. The speaker blares loudly and it gets warm after a few minutes of playing, which isin't good.

For my player, the screen seems to be the older screen technology. There are some "ghosting" effect when playing videos or games.

Download Post  No rating  
ionesculxndr

Romania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't really know what to say about Gimex... I don't think they are actually conning people because i've actually spoke with them on the phone and i know where their store is : in spatele magazinului Unirea Smile.

Only that both the Nomads and the Joys (that Gimex sell) have poor battery life. Other than that the specs are pretty much the same: NES emulator, 2.4 display, camera (don't get too excited about the camera Very Happy), text reader.
I'd actually recommend the Joy actually because it has a smaller and smarter form-factor. When i last spoke with gimex they said they were getting a new supply at the end of the month.
Give them a call or try the player first at their store. It's best practice.

Best of luck!!

P.S.: in opinia mea mai bine investesti mai mult acum pt ceva care sa tina decat sa tot schimbi player-ele ca pe sosete.

Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:24 pm   Post subject:  Re: What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

Oh I see... Well if they are ok, maybe I'll drop by and get one directly from the store. The problem is that I am not from Bucharest but I have to go there anyway this month. Thanks for the advices.

Download Post  No rating  
ionesculxndr

Romania
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Joy 888 that Gimex sell (i'd go with that if u want camera and ease at playing NES, else the 895) is a copy of the Newman K8. Look it up and you'll find that the specs are pretty decent - you can even use it as a webcam (actually the best way to use it because most of these players take bad pictures).

Anyway,i don't know if my advice is any good, and i don't want to do free advertising as i didn't buy anything from these guys...yet.

I was tempted too, but i switched for Ainol.

Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:04 am   Post subject:  Re: What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

The Joy 888 is my choice then. Here's why: It has an ANYKA chip inside and all ANYKA players have a secret menu that you can use to backup/write the firmware. That's exactly the kind of player I need. Thank you for all your help Smile.

@lattesurf, yup I hate converting movies in AMV too. I don't know what to say, but Actions seem a bit behind the technology of the others right now. About that heating problem, did you track it down? Maybe it's the CPU that is getting hot because of the frequency. Or it could be a bad soldered piece...

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

alex2pb , everything looks OK inside, the reason would likely be the speaker volume is too loud. As I could hear slight distortions throughout the game, especially at the higher-pitched sounds. Too much current driving the speaker coil perhaps.

Download Post  No rating  
alex2pb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:46 am   Post subject:  Re: What chipset does this player have? Back to top 

Yes, could be. I had a Walkman that had this problem. When I hit the volume to max, the wire from the coil would get hot. I think it's a matter of resistence (for example the speaker is 8 Ohm and the player outputs 4 Ohm). You could try and change it and see what happends.

Download Post  No rating  
mohi69x

United Kingdom AU New South Wales
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have such a mp4
To Atkla when pressing the button off
I hope to send me their own way configuration
Help me

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic