Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

MP4 Watch - General Discussion

Reply to topic

jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:07 pm   Post subject:  MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

Just brought one of these!
I think its great... even if the video converter is a load of poo... i can have monsters inc playing on my watch as i walk around which really catches peoples eyes! even in watch display mode it is eye catching even to me!

Mine has an OLED display which is vibrant and bright! and the display isnt pixilated like the one on my mp4 player (1st pic in signature)
I paid extra money to get the ELLA mp4 watch which has a built in fm transmitter so i set my stereo system to FM mode and i can change the track on the watch as i walk about.

As it has an fm transmitter it doesnt have a tuner and like the mp4 player with the fm tuners the transmitter only really works well with the origional headphones in and them high up (i put the longer of the two around the back of my neck and run the wire across my chest and down my sleeve to the watch)

The strap does look quite cheap... but the local watch shop had a whole selection of replacments! It came with a usb conector (3.5mm on the end of a usb port) and one the same but with a 50cm lead in between the connectors. it came with a 230v to usb charger thingy and even a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter! which arent usually included and is the best 2.5 to 3.5 i have ever seen!

That is my evaluation... i brought it from ebay as an unwanted gift but was origionally from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BestValueZone
which is the ebay version of Uexel!

That is my evaluation.. i hope this helps!
I however would like to know anything i can about this device! i looked at the software device menu which told me:
FW: 07.01.27
CHIP: 07
And some info about used and free storage space.
If anyone has any firmware about this device i would be greatful! and if you have any questions i will try my best to answer!

The full name for the device is ELLA MP4 Watch 2GB with FM Transmitter
(It is also the second pic in my signature)
Thankyou... any responce is great!

jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just a mention about the software included...
It comes with the following folders on a mini CD
-MPToolV11027
Included it a neat EXE called Factory4 which nicely flashes the firmware and fixes any bugs...
other tools and exes are included but i deemed them all useless and likely to kill my device...
None of it is vista compatable
-MTVVideoConverter_V1.11.6
This is a neat little video converter for the watch... The watch itself doesn't seem to play MTV files from other converters.. only the ones from this converter work... it isn't too slow nor too buggy but will only work on XP. Seems to support a variaty of fornats even 3GP and convert them without too much distortion...

My problem is mine wouldnt play any music files, it came up with error 41, i cant find anything about players with error 41. it would play about 30 seconds of an mp3 then display error 41. I flash the firmware with factory4 and it works again for about a day... then back over to an XP machine to flash again... Since ive flashed the watch it shows an MP Tech flash screen rather than the "welcome" animation.
i have tried not putting files in folders... only putting files in one folder... keeping a limited ammount of files on the device but the problem persists... anyone with any ideas?

tunnsie

Canada CA Alberta
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

These watches are cool but beware they all come from one Chinese factory and are resold in a variety of sites.
Also it is common practice to put fake firmwares on them that spoof larger flash sizes than really exists. So if it says 2 gig but is only 512, you will eat into memory addresses that will pooch the OS. This would explain your symptoms. Try and see if only one MP3 applied will cause any issues.
If not then it's something else. I have and know of two other people that have purchased these things and we all have returned them. Actually mine was from a Japanese company that would not return tech e-mails so I recovered my costs from my credit card company on it.

They are a nice idea but not ready for prime time.

Download Post  No rating  
tunnsie

Canada CA Alberta
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

Actually that last post of mine was confusing. The procedure would be to put MP3s on one at a time at 512K increments and leave it for a day. When you valuably have an issue then you know it's a fake firmware issue.
If it makes no difference then ... ?? plan B and I don't know what plan B is.

Download Post  No rating  
tunnsie

Canada CA Alberta
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

verify not "valuably"

Wow - time for a coffee Sad

Download Post  No rating  
jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Haha well cheers..
But i know it has 2gb of physical memory not hacked... as i have moved 1600mb of video file from one pc to the other... as the write/read speed from the memory on this is much faster than the burn speed of my dvd drive... and not a waste of a dvd...
the problem is when i play music after a while it comes up with error 41 and wont play any music untill i use the factory 4 program to flash it...
im currently trying all various settings of both the prog's to try and fix the thing...
when the error 41 comes up i can still play videos games and txt files fine...

lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

jacksonliam , not very sure what the error 41 means, perhaps you could check the encoded bitrate of the mp3 files. Some players could not handle VBR mp3s.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well its not a certain mp3 file that it cuts out on.. i have a selection of music ranging from 128kbps to 360kbps and it doesnt mind any of it... its after a while it decides to give up... its supposed to have about 7-9 hours of music battery but the error 41 stops the music after about 2-3 hours of music playing... if i press menu > files and play it will play about 1/3 of a song.. then displays the error again.. it still plays movies fine all the time

dookie23

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

JacksonLiam,

I've got the very same phone / watch and have the very same error 41. If you find any solution other than Factory 4 then please let me know as I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Download Post  No rating  
dookie23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

Sorry that would be MP3 / MP4 / FM / Watch....

Forget the phone bit.... Long day

Download Post  No rating  
jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

okay i will see! mines 2gb plays mtv format videos has an "FM transmitter" so i can send the music from the watch to my car stereo.. if i fix the problem i will post here how! i have tried just about everything now and am starting to think it may be a hardware error...

dookie23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

Hey There,

Yeah mine's the same. Blue strap and all. It looks like I'll just have to play music video's instead of playing MP3's. Have you experienced and issue with the MTV converter where there seems to be a time sync issue between the image and the sound?

I guess it could be the codec's on my machine but I've tried it with several different file formats and it's all the same.

Thoughts on a postcard...

P.S. If I manage to get anywhere with the Error(41 I'll post it here as well.

Download Post  No rating  
jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

good! have you managed to get error 41 with the little 41 come up? and sometimes mine decides to do a file system error too... dunnoo

i will continue playing about with the firmware program till its sorted or all gone tits up...
nah the program is good but only on my xp machine and its no where near as quick as winavi! sync seems to be okay... altho its the only prog that seems to make mtv's that work on my watch.. the other mtv progs dont seem to work on the watch...

Lounghai

USA CA Northwest Territory
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: MP4 Watch - General Discussion Back to top 

Maybe someone can help me out here... I just got this mp4 watch that only plays mtv format (wth?)... it came with a conversion program in chinese that does the video ok (squishes the screen a bit) but the sound is horrible... as if is was slowed down... the watch doesn't seem to play any of the files from other converters (just stops). I love the watch and just want it to work right heh. any help would be appreciated Smile

Download Post  No rating  
jacksonliam

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

MTV is a format that plays using very low price processor chips so they can include video in these devices cheaply...
They sacrafice quality for this.
The program is made with alot of bugs and there is no other converter that works for this watch (trust me, ive looked).
The software i have is in english or i may have managed to change it to english. can you find the name and version number (e.g. mtvconvert0.3.2.1) and i will see if i can find a way to make it english. When the language is sorted you will need to change the settings to the highest to get watchable video format.

Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic