Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Looking for thinnest and smallest MP3/4 player

Reply to topic

linkiboy

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:40 pm   Post subject:  Looking for thinnest and smallest MP3/4 player Back to top 

Title says it all...

I am looking at getting this: http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=mp82s1S

how close to a real shuffle player is it? I don't care about the shuffle aspect of a player, since I dont have many songs.

I need something really thin and small, for school, and my Meizu is too big/precious.

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

According to the Apple website the dimensions and weight are the same. For something to carry with you to school, it should get the job done. The only concern you might have is the headphone jack. It doesn't specify if it's 2.5mm or 3.5mm.

I have one that looks identical to this that I bought off of eBay. It has the 3.5mm jack, but not all clones are the same.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Here's another tiny one. Couldn't find the dimensions on it though. http://www.uxcell.com/mini-oled-display-mp3-player-white-baby-genielst004-p-5663.html

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:30 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

This one is pretty sharp too. Looks to be the same dimensions as the shuffle you are looking at, but a tiny LED where the excess space on the shuffle is. http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=mp82s2

Haven't seen one like it before. Pretty cool.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Looking for thinnest and smallest MP3/4 player Back to top 

What's the price of the awesome iPod shuffle which is not even capable of show the title of a song?

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

THe shuffle clones LOOK nice, but the battery life a too short to enjoy the 1 GB capacity. When you are lucky you can play 11/2 - 2 hours, I tried several of those.

My suggestion is to buy a Creative Stone, a few dollars more but you buy something real.

Download Post  No rating  
linkiboy

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:14 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for thinnest and smallest MP3/4 player Back to top 

11 hours is really good though(for me at least) :\

Edit: Oooh you meant 1 1/2 hours... Well thats fine too since I only need it for about 45 minutes a day.

If I get the stone, will I be able to just transfer song through windows? Or will I have to install some software/drivers like my Vision M?

Download Post  No rating  
Hotboxx
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:50 am   Post subject:  Re: Looking for thinnest and smallest MP3/4 player Back to top 

linkiboy wrote (View Post): › 11 hours is really good though(for me at least) :\

Edit: Oooh you meant 1 1/2 hours... Well thats fine too since I only need it for about 45 minutes a day.

If I get the stone, will I be able to just transfer song through windows? Or will I have to install some software/drivers like my Vision M?

Indeed, it was 1 1/2 hours, not 11 hours.

As far I know the Creative Stone is recognized as a external hardrive, simple drag and drop you music.

Download Post  No rating  
Buzzygirl
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:31 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Zen Stone is a bit larger than a comparable Shuffle, but definitely better in the battery life category, and it's still a very small player. I gave serious thought to buying one of these, until I decided to go with a player with larger storage capacity. I think it would be a good choice for your needs, linkiboy.