Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Which players play Ogg Vorbis?

Reply to topic

techt

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:40 pm   Post subject: Question Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

I've been looking for a list of players that support the Ogg Vorbis format. I know the Meizu M3 and Meizu M6 play OGG files. What others also support OGG? If your player supports OGG then list what known information there is on the player such as the manufacturer, model, chipset, where you bought it, and any other relevent information you can think of in reply here.

If you don't know if your player will play OGG music files and you'd like to try playing some to test, you can get free OGG files from the Vorbis.com site, Archive.org, and others.

OGG supported players
(updated 4 Oct 2007)

• Cowon A2
  • Cowon D2
  • DealExtreme 2GB MP4 player (sku 4883)
  • iAudio 6
  • iAudio 7
  • iAudio F1
  • iAudio F2
  • iAudio G2
  • iAudio G3
  • iAudio M3
  • iAudio M5
  • iAudio T2
  • iAudio U3
  • iAudio X5
  • iriver Clix
  • iriver T60
  • Meizu M3
  • Meizu M6
  • OTG Media Player (PMC200/PMC200R)
  • Samsung Yepp YP-T7
  • Samsung Yepp YP-Z5
  • Teclast C260
  • Teclast T29
  • Teclast T39

Last edited by techt on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 pm; edited 10 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

techt , my Teclast T29 supports .ogg too. Got it from Tomas at www.houseofdap.com , i think almost all the newer Teclast and Meizu ranges supports .ogg.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:06 pm   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

Some Action players plays OGG files too

USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:39 am   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

Lattesurf, thanks for the info on the Teclast T29. I've added it to the list of OGG players in the parent post.

DaremoS, good to know about some of the Action players. If you own or have access to any Action based players, would you be willing to try playing OGG files on 'em?

Thanks, guys.

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

techt...
Personally I am am audiophile... but I am a geek too... I have had a couple of Action players at beginning and I play some OGG files on them. Later when I get my first Rockchip player with OGG support I didn't play in my Action anymore, I used them just for modding / skinning. Now I own Meizu players (M3 & M6) which also support OGG, which I prefer for listen to music. Rockchip now is for Modding. I have give as a gift my Action players.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:59 pm   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

All Actions solutions support OGG decoding.

New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Cowon D2 supports OGG as does the iAudio7.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
techt

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:34 am   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

tadad1: Thanks!

lolita: I was under the impression that only some of the newer Actions based players support OGG. Similar to how Sigmatel supports OGG decoding but only some Sigmatel based players have the OGG decoding enabled in the firmware. (I had purchased a Sigmatel based MP3 player with the hope it would play OGG, but unfortunately it doesn't.)

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:06 pm   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

Concerning about chIpods which play OGG... here is what Admin wrote in November 2006 concerning the device I had by that time which played OGG pretty well.
This was an Action player with firmware: 3.5.37, this version of firmware contained a module for OGG, while others of the same version do not.

admin wrote (View Post): › Not all 3.5.37 firmware players can play OGG though. It seems some have been modified specifically to play OGG.

Is interesting what we were commenting about OGG files in September 2006 in this thread OGG Music

Last edited by DaremoS on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 pm   Post subject: Question Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

techt wrote (View Post): › I've been looking for a list of players that support the Ogg Vorbis format. I know the Meizu M3 and Meizu M6 play OGG files. What others also support OGG? If your player supports OGG then list what known information there is on the player such as the manufacturer, model, chipset, where you bought it, and any other relevent information you can think of in reply here.

If you don't know if your player will play OGG music files and you'd like to try playing some to test, you can get free OGG files from the Vorbis.com site, Archive.org, and others.

OGG supported players
(updated 18 Sep 2007)

• Cowon D2
  • iAudio7
  • iriver Clix
  • iriver T60
  • Meizu M3
  • Meizu M6
  • Teclast T29
  • Teclast T39

Add also Teclast C260 !!

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: Which players play Ogg Vorbis? Back to top 

DaremoS: Thanks for the info on the Teclast and the Action chipset firmware. I've added the Teclast to the list.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic