Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

STOP BUYING TO IRRESPONSIBLE CHINESE PROVIDERS!!!!

Reply to topic

DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:41 pm   Post subject:  STOP BUYING TO IRRESPONSIBLE CHINESE PROVIDERS!!!! Back to top 

I am really tired of irresponsible Chinese providers!!!
Every day I found here lots of users asking for firmware... (I do have a blank screen device too!)
Our joy have changed from MODDERS to SEARCHERS due to lots of Chinese "manufacturers" that deliver their products WITHOUT corresponding firmware.
- We know that in fact this are NOT manufactures but simply PUSHERS that put their brands in others products.
- We know too that are simply companies of two or three guys that deliver stuff overseas.
- We know that they deliver their products with a cd which contains just garbage, but corresponding software.
In this aspect iPod is still alive thanks to this kind of "providers" from the gigantic Chinese industry.
Apple with their unaffordable prices is still alive because their competitors are this kind of "providers".
SO WE BETTER STOP BUYING TO THEM...
- Let's start buying to know brands with reachable locations and support.
- Just don't accept a device if it don't come with its backup firmware... stop giving money to irresponsible companies of PUSHERS!!
I do have a Meizu... with lots of bugs but a know address
I do have a Teclast... with lots of bugs but a know address
Are the unbranded shit more cheap than this brands?
They aren't hackers or scammers just companies that put their name in a product that despite of their faults are enough responsible to deliver a serious product.
The small price difference worth the support they give to their products and the time and joy we lost searching for the firmware

Last edited by DaremoS on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with your comments about buying from moer established companies but i highy doubt the hudge companies like apple see this as a threat... do remember the clones are only clones of ipod nanos and videos , not sucessors of them , They are meant for the lower market and will never come near to overtaking the hudge market players.
That said the meizu players are extremly good , and one level down the teclast for the low low budget people... Once teclast fix the nasty firmwares they use that are betetr than rockchip and actionchip , but still they have the tacky throw together feel unlike the M6 ect... The future will be all neat 3d effects, animated backgrounds , coverflow (If its not patented by apple) but genral cool 3d animation like we are starting to see on the new ipod original and ipod toutch and genrally the whole new range of ipods....

Once these devices are implements with much highyer power processors , I wouldnt be supprised if we are getting into the 1GHZ range , currently we get a 700 mhz on the Ipod touch + The soon to be M6SE 3D animation ect will be very capable...

Download Post  No rating  
lolita
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

China
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:54 am   Post subject:  Re: STOP BUYING TO IRRESPONSIBLE CHINESE PROVIDERS!!!! Back to top 

The selling of device with no firmware at all? Strange. I have not hear of it happen here. Usually the firmware is flashed at the manufacturer plant.

Ask to test before buying.

Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

lolita,

I think what DaremoS meant was that the players doesn't come with a backup copy of the firmware on the CD for recovery purposes.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:57 am   Post subject:  Re: STOP BUYING TO IRRESPONSIBLE CHINESE PROVIDERS!!!! Back to top 

Thanks Bihn

corrected!! Smile

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:02 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

lite wrote (View Post): › I agree with your comments about buying from moer established companies but i highy doubt the hudge companies like apple see this as a threat... do remember the clones are only clones of ipod nanos and videos , not sucessors of them , They are meant for the lower market and will never come near to overtaking the hudge market players.
That said the meizu players are extremly good , and one level down the teclast for the low low budget people... Once teclast fix the nasty firmwares they use that are betetr than rockchip and actionchip , but still they have the tacky throw together feel unlike the M6 ect... The future will be all neat 3d effects, animated backgrounds , coverflow (If its not patented by apple) but genral cool 3d animation like we are starting to see on the new ipod original and ipod toutch and genrally the whole new range of ipods....

Once these devices are implements with much highyer power processors , I wouldnt be supprised if we are getting into the 1GHZ range , currently we get a 700 mhz on the Ipod touch + The soon to be M6SE 3D animation ect will be very capable...

Seems that Apple is seeing better organized Chinese companies as a threat... if not, why they reduce so drastically their prices in iPhone?
gosh!!... US$ 200.- at once!!!

Concerning the so called "clones"... I agree that iPod was the original idea but it has been overpassed really fast..
Just an example... I like very much the tactile click wheel of iPod controls... they are precise and of good response compared with buttons of Chinese MPx.
Meizu have developed a nice tactile strip for M3 and M6, which work very good.
Teclast is using thermal buttons which is a different approach... maybe not so precise but it's a start,
in their latest models it has been added a device that go back and forth with the twist of a wrist, this is very good for songs and photos.
This was too invented by Apple?

One more... Apple have delivered a new Nano which allow the users to see videos!!!! GREAT!!! AWESOME!!...
In our "chiPods" we have been seeing videos long time ago. Apple screen is 2" in a resolution of 320x240... a bit primitive for the latest models of the chiPods.
There is only a small problem... videos have to be H.264 encoded (Quicktime whateva), sort of AMV of our beloved chiPods. I suppose that conversion will be managed by iTunes thingy.

Well. .. isn't this a copy of the poor and cheap chiPods?... or it's a good Samaritan reaction of Apple?

I'm waiting for the day that Apple put a FM tuner in their Nano... soon! Very Happy

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic