Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..?

Reply to topic

Vimes

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:27 am   Post subject: Question Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..? Back to top 

Hello

Has anyone tried this Mustek MP4 player, or know anymore of its specifications..?

I can't find any information about this player, apart from what is written above. It does seem to be well featured and at a good price for what it is.

Thanks for any advice.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:04 am   Post subject:  Re: Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..? Back to top 

This is more a PMP/PVR player than an MP4 player.

I do have a player which has a similar outer casing to this player.

Here are the features of my player (from product description). I haven't used this player very much.

Function: Video Recorder / Digital Voice Recorder / Video Player & Viewer / Still Image Viewer / Audio Player / USB Pocket Hard Drive / SD & MMC Card Reader

Internal Memory: 40GB Hard Disk Drive allows backing up files from memory cards

Screen: 3.6" LCD TFT Screen with adjustable brightness

Interface: High Speed USB2.0 / AV in / AV out / Earphones / DC in

Battery: Built In Li-Ion Battery x 2

File converter: Converts multiple formats into MPEG4 compatible format

Recording video via AV: Up to 30 frames per second VGA recording via AV with timer record feature (MPEG4 compatible format)
DPS Support: YES

Playback: Playback viewable on 3.6" TFT LCD Screen and via AV out on external TV or monitor

Microphone: Built-In

Speaker: Built-In

TV System: NTSC / PAL

I've also attached a PDF on it as well. Again, I haven't used this player very much at all. I've had it in my cupboard for over a year now so I'll pull it out and give you some feedback if you want.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
Vimes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 am   Post subject:  Re: Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..? Back to top 

Thanks for your reply, most appreciated Smile

I wasn't aware of the distinction between a MPx player and a PMP/PVR. I have just recently bought myself one of these players...

...and with an addition 2GB of a Mini-SD card the 6GB in total seems to offer excellent storage for my needs. Having a 3.5mm headphone socket is useful and so is the FM radio.

More can be read about it here...

http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472188

I have started to tentatively look at some of the PMP/PVR players and have noted a ARCHOS POCKET MEDIA ASSISTANT PMA430 player for sale on ebay, whilst I might not bother with that one the whole PMP/PVR market intrigues me.

Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:28 am   Post subject:  Re: Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..? Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
Vimes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:09 am   Post subject:  Re: Has anyone used this Mustek MP4 player..? Back to top 

jp wrote (View Post): › Here's a link to product reveiws on the Mustek:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1964080&body=REVIEWS

Thanks very much for posting that link. It does seem to have got mixed opinions from those that have bought it, not much different from most other products that I've used. I suppose it can also depend how much you expect it to do for the price that you are paying for it.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic