There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players

Reply to topic

lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:43 am   Post subject:  viDrop - free open-source converter for RockChip players Back to top 

This is better than the default software that comes with most of the rockchip players - has more options, and CAN embed subtitles in movies.
MPlayer & MEncoder based.

Download links: The latest version 0.57.3 is here:

http://www.vidrop.vpunk.co.uk/vidrop-0.57.3-install.msi
ftp://guest%40learnfree%2Eeu:guest@learnfree.eu/vidrop/vidrop-0.57.3-install.msi

Currently there is no helpfile, but the gui is self-explanatory (just look at the hints that show up when you hover the cursor over some option).

Screenshots:

If you encounter bugs, or have comments - send me a PM or post here.

Last edited by lokster on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 am; edited 7 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:01 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for sharing this lokster.

Did you create the software yourself? Is there any more information about who created the software etc....?

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:09 am   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

Yes, I created this software. It's made in the AutoIt scripting language. For those interested - the source code is included in the installer. It's the "viDrop.au3" file.

I must say here, that the encoding itself is made in mencoder. viDrop is just a GUI frontend to mencoder (which is only command line application). And the installer is so big, because it includes mplayer and mencoder.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

lokster,

Thanks for sharing this.
Can it convert Real Media files to .avi as well?

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

Fantastic...no more editing convert.ini files !... thank you...

Is it possible to add a feature whereby a number of files to be converted can be selected at once and then all converted using a single setting selection such as your medium.ini? ... as opposed to having to load each file individually to the batch...thanks...

Your medium.ini setting is what I independently found to work well for my player...the 96 kbps audio is a noticeable improvement over 64 kbps when listening to video using the built in speakers on my OptimusX/Vista rockchip...

Download Post  No rating  
lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

jp wrote (View Post): ›
Is it possible to add a feature whereby a number of files to be converted can be selected at once and then all converted using a single setting selection such as your medium.ini? ... as opposed to having to load each file individually to the batch...thanks...

This feature already exists - check "Auto add to batch", and then just select all the needed files in windows explorer, and drag&drop them to the green input box.
Finally, hit "Run batch"

Download Post  No rating  
DaremoS
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Chile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

This is a very good front-end as far as I can see. Smile

But to make it the best all around add an option to rotate resulting video, which is Mencoder option rotate=2, if I am not wrong.

There is lot of Rockchip devices... and Meizu M6... that work with image rotated to the right.

I am sure you'll be a success!!! Very Happy

Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Tried converting a video clip for my T29 which uses Xvid too, but could not play. Not very sure where the problem lies.

Is it my computer, that the converted videos do not have sound? i've tried both "mp2" and "copy" options, but the final conversion ends up with no sound.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:03 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

lokster: Thanks for the reply. Missed having to drop the batch directly on the green box.

A couple of things I've noticed. Will convert flv files but must manually change extension to .avi and sometimes aspect is not 320x240 but could be 320x242 or 318x240. These won't play on my rockchip but if run them through AVIConverter will correct to 320x240 which will play.

Also, for the same file your converter takes about 20% longer to convert than with AVIConverter. Any idea why?

Thanks. Its great to have all the conversion parameters that you've included that can be changed incrementally as well as to have the drag and drop batch function. Well done.

Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:42 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

lokster:

Forgot to ask if there is any way to increase audio volume during processing with viDrop?

Thanks.

Download Post  No rating  
lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 am   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

New version of viDrop available! - 0.51

Fixed some, bugs, added new ones... Smile
A lot of GUI improvements
- added Picture properties control - gamma/brightness/contrast/saturation
- auto update function (download updates from internet)
- encode only selected time interval
- rip DVDs. Note: to rip a DVD you must enter your DVD drive letter in the "Advanced Settings" -> "DVD", and then in "Main settings" -> "Input A/V File" enter "dvd://" (without quotes) and press ENTER. Then convert as usual. For now there are no extended DVD options - no language/subtitle select etc... Maybe in the next version.

If you want to rotate the the picture add "-vf-add rotate=2" in "Advanced settings" -> "Extra mencoder parameters". This will rotate counterclockwise. Add "-vf-add rotate=1" to rotate clockwise.

here are screenhots:

And here is the download link: http://users2.titanichost.com/lokster/en/vidrop-0.51-install.exe (7.7 MB)

@jp - a little delayed answer to your questions - maybe you can increase the volume by checking the "Normalize" option in "Advances settings" -> "Audio".

Quote: › A couple of things I've noticed. Will convert flv files but must manually change extension to .avi and sometimes aspect is not 320x240 but could be 320x242 or 318x240. These won't play on my rockchip but if run them through AVIConverter will correct to 320x240 which will play.

1. now the output file extension is allways .avi
2. make sure you allways select the Pan&Scan option in "Advanced settings" -> "Resize method"

Download Post  No rating  
buloy_v01

Philippines US New York
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:56 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

hello lokster

i dont know how to use this...

can you show me how?

Download Post  No rating  
lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

1. Make sure that your player CAN play AVI files with XVID video and MP2 or MP3 audio. If it can't - this software is not for you.

2. Check the screen resolution of your player, and set the program to use this resolution in the "Advanced settings" in "Video" - Width and Height (this setting is MANDRATORY. You MUST set the proper resolution, otherwise you will get "File format error" when trying to play the file on your player). Set the proper Audio codec - mp2 or mp3. For the rockchip players it's mp2. This setting will also cause "File format error" if incorrect.

3. Go back to "Main settings". In "Input A/V file" enter the filename of the video you want to convert and press enter (OR drag&drop the file from windows explorer to the green input box OR press the "..." button and select the file).

4. If the video is some RIP-ed movie, you can embet subtitles directly in the picture, so you can see them on your player. If the subtitle file has the same filename as the input A/V file, they are automatically detected and opened. Otherwise - you must select them by pressing the "..." button in "Input subtitle".

5. Select the output file - this is the file that will be created, and will be playable on your player. By default it is created in the same directory as the input a/v file, only it has the "_converted.avi" suffix.

Basically, that's all. Hit "Convert" button in "Current file". And wait...

If you want the output file to be smaller, you can lower the video and/or audio bitrate.
For 320x240 videos, video bitrate below 200 is stupid, and over 500 - maybe too high to be played smoothly on our cheap chinese players. The default value of 300 is very good for most purposes.

Download Post  No rating  
jp
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:17 pm   Post subject:  Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla Back to top 

lokster: Thanks for the program update and revisions. They will be very useful.

Volume during processing can be increased by adding the following into the extra mencoder parameters box in the advanced setting section:

-af volnorm=2:0.7

I'm not sure if this corresponds to the Normalize function that you've already included.

Download Post  No rating  
lokster
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

In my Volume normalization I use only -af volnorm
Adding -af volnorm=2:0.7 to the additional parameters will override it. I think that this will do the trick. (I have to check the mencoder manual...)

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic