Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

My Sundisk 926 mp4 player

Reply to topic

SmaRkieS

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:23 pm   Post subject:  My Sundisk 926 mp4 player Back to top 

Hello good day to all.

I just bought this mp4 player 1 day ago and I'm searching for the net looking for a right converter with my mp4 coz the one they include in the cd is not suited for my mp4 coz it can only support 160x176 and 192x160 so I search all over the net and finally bumped to this forum, and found out the latest version of the amv converter. Thank you!!

So I browsed the forum and I saw some goodies like firmware updates, themes, tools, and etch. But I'm sure I can't do this with out consulting to all of you. I have a good experience in Flashing and moding Mobile Phones but this is my first step to mpx flashing.

To the point, so far what can I do with my mp4 player? like themes, firmware, etc.

Here are some pics of my mp4.

Specs:

Screen Size: 2"
Memory Size: 2Gig
Firmware:
2006/03/13
ACU7515
2006/12/07

Features:

Mini SD slot
Speaker
FM Radio
Sound Recorder
Games
Mp3 player
Movie player
Picture Viewer
Text Viewer

I bought this for 2500Php or $55

I saw some iPod Clone with 8Gig just this day newly displayed, with cam, and SD Slot, after I read this forum I didnt buy for it coz im not sure with the Memory Size, or maybe it is an authentic 8Gig. With a price of 3600Php or $80.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Download Post  No rating  
Zaphod
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Iceland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: My Sundisk 926 mp4 player Back to top 

SmaRkieS wrote (View Post): › To the point, so far what can I do with my mp4 player? like themes, firmware, etc.
Can't do anything really. The current extraction and modding tools doesn't support the most recent firmwares (yet).

One thing worth mention is that your player can probably handle Ogg Vorbis (OGG) and lossless Monkey's Audio (APE) in addition to the formats usually listed in the spec.

I have a question though: What kind of battery life do you get? I'm trying to figure out if most of the new Actions powered players (ACU751x) now have decent battery life (almost all of the older ATJ209x players used to be pretty bad), or if only some of them are good.

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

SmaRkieS , as with Zaphod mentioned, there are no extraction tools that reliably support the v9.xx series firmwares. Each player's firmware is specifically coded to suit the hardware in it. When manufacturers find cheap component alternatives, they modify the firmware to suit it. However, they do not practice proper versions control.

So to safely theme your player, you'll need your own extracted firmware to modify and flash it back. Downloading someone else's themed firmware to flash into your player is a sure hit to bricking it.

Just enjoy your player as it is until it's version is supported by the extraction tools.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
SmaRkieS

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Zaphod wrote (View Post): ›
I have a question though: What kind of battery life do you get? I'm trying to figure out if most of the new Actions powered players (ACU751x) now have decent battery life (almost all of the older ATJ209x players used to be pretty bad), or if only some of them are good.

8~10hrs of Mp3 Playing
13~14hrs of FM
5~6hrs of Movie Playing

I have a plan to replace the battery with nokia batteries.

Thank you for the tips guys. I appreciate it.

Download Post  No rating  
Zaphod
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Iceland
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks. So it has user replaceable BL-5 batteries? What's the listed capacity of the one that came with the player?

Download Post  No rating  
ismaelpc

Philippines
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:48 am   Post subject: Snif ! Re: My Sundisk 926 mp4 player Back to top 

Hi smarkies, i actually bought the same mp4 as you have last july 2007. Unfortunately mine was get hang when i accidentally take out the power supply while in the mode of startup. Now it hangs on the timesand icon.

From thereon my mp4 cant be recognized by my pc and fortunately as i follow the instruction of short-circuit the flash rom it then recognize as ADFU and can now Flash new firmware.

Unfortunately, i currently dont have any FULL FIRMWARE with version 9.1.51, is there any possibly of getting it from your MP4 and sending to my email ismaelpc@yahoo.com.

i was so frustrating not to get firmware with that version.

Thanks for your help.

Note: using MP3 Utilities version 3.68 for upgrading/flashing my dead MP4

Download Post  No rating  
ismaelpc

Philippines
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:43 am   Post subject:  Re: My Sundisk 926 mp4 player Back to top 

as i browsing this site, i bumped into one topic that can clone the said mp4 that u have Smile . you can find it in this site: http://s1mp3.de/ check with the s1clone file, this one clone your mp4......just be careful of the option that you will select.

your the only ive got right now hehe...it will also help u incase you accidentally did what i did ..knock knock..i hope not hehe..

thanks dre..i appreciate it if u can pass me a copy of a clone mp4

Download Post  No rating  
SmaRkieS

Philippines
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ismaelpc wrote (View Post): ›
as i browsing this site, i bumped into one topic that can clone the said mp4 that u have Smile . you can find it in this site: http://s1mp3.de/ check with the s1clone file, this one clone your mp4......just be careful of the option that you will select.

your the only ive got right now hehe...it will also help u incase you accidentally did what i did ..knock knock..i hope not hehe..

thanks dre..i appreciate it if u can pass me a copy of a clone mp4

The version they have is ACU7513 and my player is ACU7515.

Dont worry after I clone my mp4 I will upload it soon.

Download Post  No rating  
marocsoldiers

Morocco
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: My Sundisk 926 mp4 player Back to top 

please to insert the firmware of this mp4 I have the same one

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic