There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Ebay anti scammer listings.

Reply to topic

robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:55 pm   Post subject:  Ebay anti scammer listings. Back to top 

I will be stopping listing the anti scammer item on Ebay when the last two end in a couple of days. I am going to be away for a few weeks soon, so I wont be able to put the time into it.
I would be interested in forum members views as to whether you think it would be worthwhile me continuing it when I get back. It takes a lot of time to do, but if the support is there I`ll give it another go when I get back.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well Rob,

I hope you have a good holiday, and at least you will have sometime to reflect, with regard to what you have been doing as regards to the scammers over the past few months or so.

I feel what you have done has made some impact, and to be honest I would not have done what you have myself, and I think that goes for others here also.

It's a pity you could not drum up more support from member here to do a little reporting to E Bay re-keyword spamming, as it would only a few minutes or so of their time to do.

However if you feel you would still like to give it a go when you come back, then I'm still up for it regardless.

As to continueing the listings, perhaps a re think might be in order, to avoid the E Bay muppets who have nothing else to do but jump on you

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:49 pm   Post subject:  Re: Ebay anti scammer listings. Back to top 

Hi robjones. I say yes, absolutely keep it going. You are making a huge difference. Have a great vacation.

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Keep it up robjones.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I would like to create another start sometime to try and 'prewarn' potential buyers about these scams. Perhaps I can ask for your help on this one?

I hope that the purchases you get are enough to cover your cause.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Admin, I will help in any way I can, as far as the financial aspect goes, I dont think there is much difference between the money going out and the money coming in. I didn`t really keep much of a tally, I just kept an eye on my Paypal account. I fully intend to re-start it in about three weeks when I get back from my hollies. I`m off to the Dominican Republic for a spell of all inclusive lying on my back, hopefully there wont be any hurricanes on the go. I see that there are some other anti scam listings started up in the UK, but having bought the item, it doesn`t really give any local information about individual sellers which I think is vital to inform buyers as to who to avoid. Plus it makes it more fun Twisted Evil

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well the last one has ended now, so that`s it for a few weeks. Still watching dana.rack siuation. The listings end soon, so it will be interesting to see what happens after.

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic