Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

What kind of IPOD (clone) is this?

Reply to topic

chianese

Italy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:29 pm   Post subject:  What kind of IPOD (clone) is this? Back to top 

Hi
Hi,i have bought an IPOD style MP3/4 Digital Audio Player,but i can't find the type to find downloads for this IPOD
I find in the photos on this site this image

This is exactly my player,in what section i can find firmware,applications and games for this type?

Thanks a lot
Bye

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, to check firmware: Go to setup and scroll down to firmware version. That will tell you what type of firmware you are running. Do NOT upgrade it! You will brick your player.

As far as downloads, what kind are you referring to? Do you want to know what kind of videos it plays? It is running an Action chipset which plays AMV video files. You will have to convert videos using the AMV converter which should have come on a CD with your player. If not, you can get it in the downloads section of this forum and download it to your computer.

You can't download external applications to your player. What is included in the firware is basically what you get.

I would also recommend following the instructions posted here: How to Remove a Memory Hack

Many Chipods are hacked to show more memory than they actually have.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
chianese

Italy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks a lot
Therefore this type of players aren't compatible with Nike Running software?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I had to google Nike running software. I'd never heard of it before. Embarassed I think that is an iPod exclusive. This player won't work with it. I could be wrong, but I doubt anything BUT an iPod will work with that program.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
chianese

Italy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:55 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of IPOD (clone) is this? Back to top 

ah,my firmware version is 9.1.51
i talk about games because in the site when i bought the player (no EBAY),it talks about games,but in the menus there isn't a section games (music,video,ebook,....)
this player what kind of image format read?I try with JPG,but they don't work....
therefore i can't modify anything on this player?for example themes or screensavers when the player start or when i close the player?
thanks a lot for all

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

At this time there is no way to extract 9.1.51 firmware so it can't be modified. I believe the ebooks are .txt files.

Have you followed the How to Remove a Memory hack yet? Many players on eBay are hacked. You can always contact the seller and see if you can reach a resolution or file a dispute with Paypal if the seller doesn't want to help you.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
chianese

Italy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: What kind of IPOD (clone) is this? Back to top 

yes i see that my player is a real 2GB space free.I haven't buy it on ebay,fortunately Very Happy

the ebooks are txt files

Download Post  No rating  
Buzzygirl
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Chianese,

I have a player just like yours and I can put JPG pictures on it just fine. Everything on this player is drag and drop, easy to put anything on it. I use mine mostly with Linux. I find the small screen makes it a bit difficult to read .txt files. I put two e-books on it, but found it difficult to read them because of the way the screen parses the text.

I don't think you can load more games than are already on this player, but I could be wrong.

Enjoy your player!