There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Possible "alleged" scam unfolding on Ebay

Reply to topic

robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 am   Post subject: Loot Possible "alleged" scam unfolding on Ebay Back to top 

I`ve been watching 8GB players and 16GB USB drives going for very lttle money on Ebay today. The seller has a registerred address in Scotland, but the money has to be sent to an address in England. The phone number registerred on Ebay is not a recognised number. Has 100% feedback on Ebay for 189 sales. I think every one of them is for a 30p sale of phone sims. There are in the region of 150 items for sale in the next 24 hours. Many of the items must have gone for less than cost price and they are all free shipping. Maybe I am being a little cynical but it looks a bit iffy to me. Wink

I might add also that I have emailed Ebay about the addresses and the telephone number being dead twice today.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Embarassed I think I could be wrong, seller is starting to get feedback for the mp4 players.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Have you got a link for this one please Rob,or is it dana.rack items?

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, it`s dana.rack items. I have bid on a couple of players and a 16gb pen drive, but I wont be sending any money till they get a bit more feedback. Got the 16gb pendrive for 20 and two players for a tenner each. No doubt the players are hacked even if it is legit, but they are free postage. They will make good presents at Christmas even if they are hacked.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes I just found them, 8Gb mp3 player sold for 16.00 pounds including postage, well not too certain about that one?

Like you say watch the feedback

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I got two for 10 each but there is no Paypal, so I`ll have a couple of days to send the money in. If it is legit I`ll be able to test them and hopefully there will be enough memory to make them usefull and I can give them to the kids for Chistmas.

Canada
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

If you aren't paying Paypal, how are you paying?

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Cheque, postal order, bank transfer? Rolling Eyes

I'm watching this seller with great interest

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:30 pm   Post subject:  Re: Possible "alleged" scam unfolding on Ebay Back to top 

Hi there,

I've also just won a bid from Dana.rack and have done some digging on FONESX which is where the money is to be sent. It's bad news alright, FONESX has used many different user names on ebay which have been closed down.

Google FONESX and have a look at all the scams he's pulled off already!

Looks like they've had to move addresses recently but they are always within the BB postal code range.

I've emailed ebay and asked them to investigate and certainly won't be sending any cash.

Can anyone here let me know if they've sucessfully bought from this user?

Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:08 pm   Post subject: Important dana.rack, alias mr.mobiles, alias tommy-jones-smithy Back to top 

I`ve done a bit more research on this and it is almost certainly a fraud. Thanks for the info csharp, but I think the company name is FONEXS. This is a recent fraudster by the name of tommy-jones-smithy who I reported to Ebay long before they stopped him.
If you remember, I had some listings pulled by Ebay because I named him in a listing. If I remember correctly he was still scamming on Ebay when my listing was pulled.
It was a similar scam, only this one is on a larger scale, he`s been listing over 200 items a day, at an average of about 15. That`s three grand a day flying into his bank account by bank transfers and cheques and postal orders. He has also been known as mr.mobiles with a history of scamming.

The current address is
FONEXS
27 Jubilee St
Read
BB12 7RP

I cannot believe that Ebay can allow this to happen AGAIN!!!,why the f%$^ was he not prosecuted last time?, and it is still going on. I emailed Ebay about this a couple of days ago, and again today. It took a day to get any response from them, so I dont expect too much from them. His listings are still active.

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:57 am   Post subject:  Re: Possible "alleged" scam unfolding on Ebay Back to top 

Thanks for this very important alert about this ebay scammer.

It may be too late for some, but if any body won an item, don't pay and if you receive notification by ebay for non payment, just say you have sent the cheque and it could have been lost in post. Hit the sammers with a scam.

Obviously this dana.rak listings have all the signatures of a typical ebay scammer, from many repetitive items, to not using paypal, to private seller, to no being able to see items on feedbacks...etc.

Avoid at all costs even if he is selling items for 1 pence, don't help him to propagate his scam. Obviously he is using the bank holiday to catch as many victims as he can. You can use contact member to inform at least 5 unlucky winners per day and alert them to dana.rack scam.

I've done my bit, hope some will heed this advice.

Wink Surprised

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic