There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Support For robjones - An Idea

Reply to topic

ashley_rb
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:30 pm   Post subject:  Support For robjones - An Idea Back to top 

I've been thinking about robjones and how we can support what he's doing on eBay. Here's my idea: free advertising on this forum.

It doesn't have to be a huge ad like the advertisement box under the chat box. But it could be about the chatbox size under the board navigation box and it could link to robjones listings on eBay. The picture is all set to go - you could just use his picture from eBay or get him to email you one. You would just have to adjust the size. You could use Photobucket to feed the pic to the forum for free.

And it could appear on every page of the forum.

I know its a bit radical to go all out for a member by giving up some ad space but I think its a great way to support what he's doing. And he is not doing it for profit or the money.

Its got to be extremely lonely at times and hard when you are up against such a huge thing like the memory scam and with so many hacked sellers I think robjones could use some help and support.

I think its a great way to help him out.

So from members to mod's to admin - what do you think about the idea?

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Personally, I think Rob has done an awesome job and has prevented many people from getting ripped off. He is truly an asset to this forum and eBay. Cool

However, I'm not sure what the ad space would accomplish. Maybe I'm confused as to what you're suggesting, but it just doesn't seem like an ad here would be beneficial to getting the word out to prevent others from being ripped off. Most of us on here know what he's doing and know about hacked players.

As far as support, several posters on this forum have bid on his listings and many more have thanked and encouraged him. I understand it can get lonely and frustrating, but from what I've read, everyone here has been supportive of him and his remarkable efforts.

JMO Cool

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, I would like to thank you both again for your support. I dont think the Ad Space thing would work, the info that the Ebayers buy is largely linked to this site for a couple of downloads which I have Admin to thank for, although it is clear from the feedback comments that have been left on Ebay that a lot of people have been buying just to support the cause. I think it could be coming to an end soon. I have had a listing removed on Ebay.com this morning(lasted one hour) and also on Ebay.co.uk. The only reason there are still some on is that they were scheduled listings and haven`t been reported yet. I dont expect them to be active this time tomorrow. I am fairly certain who has been reporting me and did email him today to see if he would stop reporting the listings as all I was trying to do was to help Ebayers not get scammed, but I haven`t received a reply. We`ll see what happens tomorrow, but I am not too hopeful. Sad

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:56 pm   Post subject:  Re: Support For robjones - An Idea Back to top 

hi jmo. your right. something i forgot about was that the same info is already here at the forum, Embarassed like the guide to remove the hack and some other stuff. i forgot about the guide to remove the hack.

its back to the drawing board.

there has to be a way to get the word out with the same huge number of listings as the sellers on ebay posting hacked players.

the scam has to be stopped.

i need on of these Arrow Idea

Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What I've found was most new members have found the site AFTER they have been scammed with a hacked player by a black listed player.

I think to be really effective, we need to get the warning across to new buyers BEFORE they buy these hacked players and get the message across to them about scammers and bad sellers.

Perhaps people who have blogs, websites or My Space sites can write alittle about them? The more information there is on the internet, the more likely someone will 'stumble' across them. Write about it and post a link to the eBay listing or to this site. The more links and posting about these will hopefully it it higher up in the ranking on search engines.

Keep it up Rob. Don't let them take the better of you. Perhaps create another eBay account instead? Can you do that? Or I could create one instead? Perhaps more people can join in your cause?

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:08 am   Post subject:  Re: Support For robjones - An Idea Back to top 

Has anyone tried to tell their story to the consumerist.com, they like to hear about stories like this and it is a very popular site, you may want to try and contact them, i know from the past, big companies have changed their policies and service practices from when they've been outed on that site.

Might be worth a shot.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, not good news, 4 of the 8 listings removed overnight. Ebay`s double standards are a disgrace.

We have listings with Apple Website photos on them advertising obvious copies, but when reported, Ebay do nothing about them. I have emailed Apple twice and they dont seem interested either, which suprises me a little.
I think you are absolutely right Admin, buyers need to be warned before they buy and because of the numbers of scammers listings an anti scammer listing needs to be visible literally every hour.

Check out this listing: Brand New Boxed 8GB Ipod Nano Pink MP3/MP4 + Extra's!

How obvious can you get?, but despite this particular seller`s listings being reported for all kinds of complaints, nothing is done. I am fairly certain that the seller is an old scammer by the name of makajud. He currently has at least 3 IDs on the go, tkmaxes being another one. They are all selling counterfeit listings. 3 IDs means he is going to sell a lot more of these before he starts to get negs for hacking. Then he`ll just start more IDs.

The current complaint about my listings from Ebay is the titles. It may be worth changing it but if it doesn`t carry the impact it is unlikely to sell to enable re-listing.

I think there may be a case for other forum members running listings. I have proved one thing on Ebay, and that is you can get away with quite a lot. It isn`t Ebay who are initiating the listings being stopped, it is misguided Ebayers, or in my case one in particular. The guy seems to get pleasure from doing this. This also proves that the sellers who I have named have not complained for fear of drawing attention to themselves. The point is, it is not Ebay you have to worry about in this, it is Ebay members.

Admin, I dont really have the resources to start another seller`s account. I`m not sure how it would work if you started one instead as you said in your post.

Well, better get to work, catch yous all later.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:59 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

the guy also seems to be selling counterfit clothes and shoes - theres no way a new pair of prada shows can sell for 30 pounds.

There is one really underhanded tactic you can do, if you own a domain or fork out the few dollars for one, you can sign up to as many ebay user names as you want using emails associated with that domain, without giving your credit card.

Just buy these guys auction (they don't have pay immediate feature on most of them) and leave negative feedback that they deserve - your problem is done.

But the above is underhanded and not recommended.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, I dont know whether any of you guys did anything today, but the listing I mentioned in my post above has gone as has all the other listings he had for fake Ipods. Now, if anyone else out there reported his listings, ther may be a lesson for us here. Maybe it takes a few reportings from different Ebayers before they do anything. We should set up a panel of members who do it on a regular basis and more or less at the same time, it`s gotta be worth a try.

Thanks for the picture Edit Admin

Last edited by robjones on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:20 am   Post subject:  Re: Support For robjones - An Idea Back to top 

OMG !!
Click on the link above somebody has paid over 80 quid for it!
It's criminal!
They could have got a real nano for that.... Evil or Very Mad

Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:24 am   Post subject:  Re: Support For robjones - An Idea Back to top 

The buyer may not have to pay it, all his other listings have been pulled Razz
All of the previous ones have gone for that much and even MORE!!!!

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay so now that i've seen all this stuff, i've decided.

I am a moderator of a non-steam forum, the DiGiTAL ZoNE board at <> http://forum.digitalpowered.info/ <>

We have over 30.000 members and quite a few of them have MPx players. Just now somebody asked about an MTV converter for his player.

I will advertise your site and robjones's ebay listing in the Technology Lounge of our board and make it a sticky. If you want an ad as well, PM me and i'll get you in contact with the admin of our board. Wink

Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, the listings are still active, there are only four at the moment but I think I will lie low for a couple of days to see what happens. I`ll start to relist in a couple of days if they are still active.

Thanks for your support Th3_uN1Qu3, any help greatly apreciated. Maybe Admin could have a look at this as its not my forum.

I am convinced that the listings make a difference. I have just done a search for 8GB MP4 and the first page of listings covers over 7 hours. That`s still a lot of listings but I remember when I started this that you would be lucky if it was over 2 hours,
so we ARE making a difference!!

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Okay... When you'll have your listings ready i'll post them as well.

In the meantime, here's the topic i'm advertising MyMPxPlayer.org in: http://forum.digitalpowered.info/index.php?showtopic=14158

You may have to register first to view it. Razz

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Further to tkmaxes listings being removed earlier today, I have checked and tkmaxes has been

NARU`d

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic