There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Reporting Ebay listings for fake Ipods

Reply to topic

robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:29 am   Post subject:  Reporting Ebay listings for fake Ipods Back to top 

I think there are other ways we can tackle this problem. What do people think about spending 5 minutes every day reporting these fraudulant listings, maybe the more they get the more likely they are to act. I have been doing it for weeks but with no success. I do a search for 8gb 4gb nano mp4 and report them all for either fraudulant listings or couterfeiting. What do forum members think about using this aproach to the problem?

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rob!

I think what you have done so far is a good job, but I feel you have to let it go, or else you will become obsessed and it will ruin your sanity.

I have reported loads of scammers myself in the past, but I have to say I have let it go now.

I think your best bet is, to get BBC Wacthdog involved, that is if they will take it on board, somehow I don't think they will, as I have contacted them myself sometime ago, without any response from them.

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 pm   Post subject:  Re: Reporting Ebay listings for fake Ipods Back to top 

I think it's up to us all now to do all we can to hit them where it hurts.
I don't think we can recommend EBay as a good place to buy anything until they get their act together and sort this out.

I certain will never recommend EBay to anyone unless they really do have no alternative.
You can get good players often for a cheaper price from a "proper" dealer and then at least you have some buyer protection.

Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Point taken mekako, but I think I`ll persevere for a little bit longer. Ebay`s double standards just make my blood boil.
Anyway, if I stop doing this, I`ll definately have to paper the living room.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Point taken Rob
Can't stand decorating

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

USA US Minnesota
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: Reporting Ebay listings for fake Ipods Back to top 

robjones,

You are certainly persistent. I applaud your efforts to bring the scammers to light. As far as eBay goes, I was lucky to find a legitimate seller of legitimate MP3/4 players myself, but in my searches, I've come across many sellers that are most likely selling hacked crap. I haven't e-mailed eBay about them, because I figure eBay will probably ignore my entreaties anyway.

EBay is a scamming minefield; it's not to be traversed lightly by those who are hoping to find an MP3/4 player at a good price that is just as advertised.

Since eBay's feeback system is not a good determiner of who sells legitimate players and who doesn't, I'm a big fan of forum "whitelists" to steer people towards where to buy legit players, because there are many, many more sellers out there that could/should be blacklisted, whether they exist on or off eBay.