There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Calling Ebay experts

Reply to topic

robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:49 pm   Post subject:  Calling Ebay experts Back to top 

I have been trying to get my anti-scammers listings to show up on other Ebay sites around the world. They do show up in the section after the current listings (other countries).But the problem is that no-one ever sees that page because there are so many listings for MP4 players.
I have tried to register on Ebay.com but it keeps referring me back to Ebay.co.uk. Of course another solution would be if some members in other countries could start an anti-scammer listing in their own country.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

robjones,

Have you tried using an anonymous proxy while registering for eBay.com? I think how it works is, your IP address is a UK one, so it seems eBay has a redirect to the appropriate local eBay based on IP address.

Putting in an anonymous proxy while web surfing should eliminate this and should allow you to register with eBay.com.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, yes I tried that, but when I fill in the page my address is in the UK, so when I click the submit button it re-directs me to the UK site. It`s a pity because I think it could have a lot of impact over the pond in the US of A.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:38 am   Post subject:  Re: Calling Ebay experts Back to top 

You don't have to do anything. Your listings show up across all of the eBay country portals. It doesn't matter if you post from the UK or India or where ever, your stuff will show up at eBay.com

To bad you couldn't figure out a way to give your guide instruction book thing out for free. I know eBay doesn't allow free stuff to be listed but I guess it would be a lot better if you could do it for free.

I know you put the profit back into posting again on ebay, but i guess if you were doing it for free you wouldn't make even the ebay fee. it would cost a lot out of your own pocket.

Imagine how many people you could reach if you could advertise on eBay and give the guide out for free... That would help a lot of people.

But hey, I have to applaud your effort. Keep up the great work.

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Rob!

Why not try the guides section under my world on E Bay.

I also put something there myself re hacked players!

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Ashley, I understand what you are saying, but the listings only show up after all the other listings under something like "Items available worldwide" or something similar, so they never actually get to the current search page for "MP4 player". I think that the only way to get on the current search listings page for a particular country you have to be registerred in that country. I did think about the guides section, but again if you are to warn people before they buy, you have to tell them when they are actually bidding or thinking of bidding. The charge is inevitable. There have been in the region of 180 listings, so I have had a good run. I am still getting strange connection problems with Ebay especially after I have either relisted a batch of listings or reported a lot of listings for keyword spamming. I cannot connect tonight for some reason. It is only the Ebay site, every other website in the world seems fine. I must have reported hailitele many times. We need some way of bringing it to the publics attention because Ebay just ignore blatant Fraud.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: Calling Ebay experts Back to top 

Hi Robjones.

I searched for your stuff and it showed up in the players list and your selling stuff, I checked your completed listings. It sounds like there is something wrong with your computer.

Yeah I guess charging is inevitable. I guess there is no way to make sure you get enough money to keep your campaign going and yet give the information out for free. I guess I just put to much faith in people. At some blogs they put up tip jars. To bad you couldn't do the same thing, give the stuff out for free and get tips from people so you put up more listings.

But then again you would get in trouble with eBay for listing an item for free. They don't allow that.

I think you are doing a great job. Make sure you keep it going. So many people have started what your doing and then have just given up. Sort of sad really. But then again, how many people are willing to work really hard for no money.

Not to many.

Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Ashley, The reason I have to charge is that it is the only way I can keep it going and judging by the feedback I am getting people are happy to do it. Just about everyone who has bought the item has been happy to pay and support the cause. I think I am way over the 100 listings mark now although it seems to have slowed down now. I made the mistake of listing without the gallery picture so that I could save 15p per listing and get more listings out, but it has led to a reduction in sales of the item. I think I only have about 6 listings active at the moment. It is clear that many people who bought the item are buying to support the main message of the item which is that Ebay are turning a blind eye to the fraudulant sales of these MP4 players. So I will persevere with it for a while.

MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 am   Post subject:  Re: Calling Ebay experts Back to top 

robjones, i think you are doing great with it. keep it going. you're the only doing it and you are making a difference.

imagine posting as much as the sellers who sell hacks do? they have like 2 or 3 player auctions ending every hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

the results would be huge. but the cost would be to. i wish more people had the commitment and passion for what you are doing.

don't give up on it. even just a few listings on eBay can make a difference for sure.

keep up the great work. you are doing great. I really hope you win the most helpful person thing at the forum. you totally deserve it.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic