Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

help me find a good product! Smile

Reply to topic

MichiNRG

Switzerland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:50 pm   Post subject:  help me find a good product! Smile Back to top 

Hiya all,

im new to the board and was hoping if u can help me find a good mp4 player....

the things i need is a good mp3 player with browser works with directorys, then i need a good video player in it (xvid prefered), from time to time i wanna play some games like tetris or mario or something like that... and then i need a voice recorder and a radio function... any idea? Smile

i saw about 124236236232362351 players online .. all sounded great.. but i never found a review or something about them... the MeizuM6 and the OptimusRaider player.. they seem good to me and do what i need Smile...

does anyone have them and can write something about them?

oh btw.. im in switzerland...

take care all

Michi

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Several people here have Meizu players, and they rate them as being very good indeed

I also think that the M3 and M6 are good players, however if you can wait the M8 will be launched in the last quarter of this year before Christmas that what I'm waiting for, it has loads of features even digital TV

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Go with a Meizu! You won't be disappointed. As far as type, it all depends on what you will use it for.

M3 Music Card: Primarily for music, awesome sound quality, also plays video pretty well.

M6 Mini Player: Plays movies and videos wonderfully. Has very good quality sound.

M8: Coming out soon! Phone, MP4 player rolled into one.

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
kevin21

Argentina
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 am   Post subject:  Re: help me find a good product! Smile Back to top 

hey guys.i also a newbie here.i'm looking for a mp3 online these days.one of my friendsrecommend me this
site,UXCELLi go there for a look,it sounds great.but i didn't buy online.so i haven't make my decision.may be we can work together. Idea

Download Post  No rating  
Herrie82

Netherlands
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: help me find a good product! Smile Back to top 

I would go for either Meizu (also sold as Dane Elec sometimes) or Teclast (or it's OEM's) since they have regular firmware updates Smile

Download Post  No rating  
hhh666
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Meizu!

Download Post  No rating  
lattesurf
Valued Member
Valued Member

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

MichiNRG , as the rest have mentioned, do consider the Meizu or Teclast players. They are way stable and reliable as compared to the typical mp3 players found on ebay.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Download Post  No rating  
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:32 am   Post subject:  Re: help me find a good product! Smile Back to top 

While the Meizu or Teclast players are good recommendations by others, their prices tend to be alittle more.

There are some really good players from UXcell as well. Their prices are really good because they manufacture their own players and sell directly to the public.

HouseofDAP is also good too for the Meizu and Teclast players.

The ACTIONS chipset based players (ones that play .AMV videos) are the most common out there. However, the Rockchip is proving more stable and can play .avi videos (after conversion).

If you want one that plays Xvid or DivX directly, then you would have to go with a Portable Media Player (PMP) instead as they are more designed for it but at a higher cost.

Hope that helps.

MyMPxPlayer.org has now moved to MyMPx.org
Download Post  No rating  
iixorbiusii
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Just to add to the comment above, the Rockchip players will handle XviD format movies once they have been converted to the correct screen size, using something like AviConverter or Xilixoft's DVDtoMP4 converter (I know I keep going on about the latter, but it works fantastically !!).

How to do this, was covered here:
http://www.mympxplayer.org/previous-vt6733.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

It all depends on your budget. For around 30 / $60, you'll get a 2.4" Rockchip player on Ebay / Uxcell / MP4nation which will have 1~2GB on board, with the option to slide in a 2GB MiniSD card.

For 60 / $120, you'll get a handsome Meizu M6, which many of the Rockchip units try (fairly well) to imitate. The screen is much better with the Meizu.

My opinion only - don't waste $40 on a AMV player - if you are buying within a low-ish budget, chuck another tenner in and get a Rockchip player.

The AMV players are 'old' technology now - yes, we marveled at them 2~3 yrs ago, but things have moved on!! If you DO decide to get a AMV format player, be VERY careful not to get conned into buying a 4GB~8GB player for a 'what-seems-to-be-a-bargain' price. They are often 'hacked' by unscrupulous Ebay sellers who are looking to shift their old tat Sad Sad Sad . Look for feedback within Ebay, and tags like 'Genuine 2GB' are possibly more comforting.

Good luck!

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

RE AMV player hacking - I should add that by 'hacked' I mean they started out life as maybe 512MB, or 1GB of GENUINE capacity, and then 'altered' to look like they have a higher capacity (to earn the seller more money!).
Think of it like this - a 20 ltr can will only hold 20 ltrs of water - If you put a lable on it saying it's a 100Ltr can, it will still only hold 20ltrs !!

Not all AMV format players are hacked, but be especially careful when buying on EBay. Does anyone know if Rockchip players have ever been hacked??

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm   Post subject:  Re: help me find a good product! Smile Back to top 

Rockchip player prices are now almost the same price as AMV type players in fact in some places they are even cheaper
I have yet to hear of Rockchip player being hacked, but I think if they become more popular then the hackers will turn their attention to them, so we will have to be on our guard, after all I bet they are made in some of the same factories.
As far as Best product/ Best price goes I would list in the following order:-

1) Any Meizu player
2) Branded Rockchip player (Teclast Onda etc)
3) Unbranded Rockchip player

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic