Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

replace battery

Reply to topic

willyhehe92

USA US New York
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 am   Post subject:  replace battery Back to top 

Does anyone know if you could take out the battery to an ipod nano clone and replace with something stronger? My battery only works for about 3 hours for just listening to music. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help.

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

With the Nano clones the battery is around 130mAh and battery space is very limited so finding a replacement that will fit is a problem.

I have replaced the batteries in 3 players with iPod replacement batteries but none of them were nano style players. One of them managed to play for 18 hours with a 850mAh replacement.

http://www.mympxplayer.org/18-hours-continuous-music-play-on-a-single-battery-charge-vt2412.html

You could check the ipod shuffle repacement batteries size wise they are about 360mAh which would almost triple your playtime.

The only other option would be a usb battery pack so you could charge the player on the go. I have a 4xAA one that gives 60 hours continuous playback.

http://www.mympxplayer.org/external-usb-battery-pack-60-hour-portable-power-pack-vt2435.html

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Solttu

Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:15 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

Gameboy micro battery is almost same sized as some iPod nano clones have.
Gameboy Micro Battery: 3.8v, 600mAh and Chipod battery is almost the same.

You have to remove the plastic connector-thing in the battery and then mount wires in chipod wires.

I think it will work.

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

United Kingdom European Union
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:09 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

Does any one know the actual size of any of these battteries?
I had a look in my player and the battery is square 30x30mm and about 3 to 4 mm thick.
These batteries seem quite cheap to buy and easy to fit but I find it hard to get any information on sizes.
If someone knows could they post the sizes of replacement batteries for say Ipods, Ipod shuffle, even gameboy micro so we could check if they would fit in our player?

Download Post  No rating  
willyhehe92

USA US New York
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

Also, how would I be able to put in a new battery if a have one of those nano clones that are only one piece? I've tried taking out the tiny screws off the bottom, but i still can't take it off. Does anyone know how to take apart this clone so that i could put back together to put in a new battery?

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Remove the screws and then press from the bottom to slide the internals out of the top. The covers at the top and bottom are just stuck on with double sided tape. It is not an easy task and sliding it back in over the controls is tricky as well.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

Well I managed to find the size of ipod mini replacement batteries:-

High quality Rechargeable Li-ion battery
Size: 4.1 x 3.2 x 0.5 cm
Voltage: 3.7V
550mAh
now i just need to see if I can get a 5mm thick battery into a 3 or 4mm space!
I know I'll put something on top of my battery and see if the top will go on!

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well I did it, just fitted an Ipod mini battery in my player (generic Rockchip) and doubled my playing time for just a few quid!

After I have finished my tests I will post a description of how it went.

Download Post  No rating  
mekako
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:08 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Knob,

I would be interested in the shape of the battery you have managed to source, any chance you might be able to post a picture here please, and also some details of the supplier and price?

I have started myself to buy a couple of cheap second hand players for spares, because sourceing a battery seems a bit difficult.

Perhaps it would not be a bad idea to list in detail batteries which members have managed to source, and make it a STICKY, because these batteries in these Chipod player are not going to last

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:05 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

sure mekako,
I think these replacement batteries are better quality too, my player just ran for 13 hours non stop!

The battery size is posted above and here is the link to the EBay seller I got it from.
Ipod Mini Battery

I did have to cut the connector off and solder it in though.

It would be a good idea if there was a section on this site just for batteries and power supplies as the information seems to be all over the place.

Last edited by knob on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
Shadowhunt

Australia AU West Australia
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

I see that the battery that you all have bought have a white, red and black wires. On our MP4 players, there are only red and black wires. What did you do with the white wire on your new battery? Did you just cut the connector off and solder the red and black wire to the chipod and leave out the white wire?

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

On the ipod mini I had it was Black, Grey and White.
So I just put a voltmeter on them to check.
Grey and White were both positive at 3.8v and Black was negative.
So I just cut the Grey one off and soldered in the White and Black wires.
Its always safer to check with a meter before you solder them in.

Download Post  No rating  
Shadowhunt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:11 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

Hi

I have a fake ipod with a battery that is 4cm x 2cm x 4mm deep. I can't seem to find any battery that are the same size or smaller. Can anyone please help me? also how did you manage to find a similar sized battery.

Thanks

Download Post  No rating  
knob
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
Shadowhunt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:54 am   Post subject:  Re: replace battery Back to top 

hmm only 300mAH? my current fake ipod battery is 260mAH, so theres not much more :\ Are there any bigger capacity ones?

Thanks for your help

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic