Read the rules of this websiteRules
View website statisticsStatistics
See who is online at this time.Online Users
Members of our staffStaff

Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Received a refund from E-Brittan (long winded, sorry)

Reply to topic

dummy

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:30 am   Post subject:  Received a refund from E-Brittan (long winded, sorry) Back to top 

Well, as I'm sure none of you remember.....

7 months ago E-Brittan got me in the CHI-POD hacked player mass sale. I bought a 4GB player that was actually a 1GB player.

Once I realized the issue (I had already loaded about 50 songs on and checked them, and since the player showed plenty of room and played my songs I left positive feedback) and found this site I filed with PayPal and Ebay. Ebay seemed unwilling to help - the seller and I had lots of back and forth in their disupte center but nothing materialized once they realized that they just had to stop responding to make it "go away". PayPal never responded to me.

Great, I was out $80. Not the biggest deal in the world.....but it makes a person angry when they get taken to the cleaners. I left the dispute open and moved on with my life.....I was getting nowhere anyway.

Fast forward to a month ago. I receive an e-mail from Store724(XB) <mobile> (E-Brittan) asking for a resolution to our Ebay dispute. I respond that the only resolution I will have is full refund. A few weeks go by with nothing, then I get this mail:

>Dear dummy76 ,
>
>Please note that we have refunded your payment to your paypal account dludvik76@hotmail.com as agreement. Please help us to remove the eBay dispute by the following steps:
>If the dispute is still open, please closed it.
>1.Log in your eBay account.
>
>2.Under the "My eBay Views" section on the left side of the page, click the "Dispute Console" link.
>
>3.Click the "View" link next to the item 250056170156.
>
>4.Click the "Close Dispute" link and select the reason: My concerns have been resolved.
>And then the dispute is closed.
>
>If the dispute has closed because of the 90 days limit or becoming a claim, please do as following:
>
>1. Log in your eBay account and click this link http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserEmail&requested=e-britain&frm=3692&iid=-1&de=off&redirect=0;
>
>2. Fill out the form with a message like:"my concerns of item 250056170156 have been resolved".
>
>3. Press the 'Send' button.
>We will contact with ebay the remove the dispute.
>If there are any further questions, please feel free to contact us
>Yours Sincerely,
>
>XB
>
>eJG

Now what's funny about this - I of course have NOT gone over and closed the dispute yet.....I figgure that they made me wait 7 months....screw them. Meanwhile I get daily e-mails asking to "PLEASE RESOLVE", and they are "sorry for all of the troubles".

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that some people may be getting their refunds now. Anyone know why that is? I mean, something must have happened....but I can't find any mention of it anywhere if that is the case.

Download Post  No rating  
booboo773
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Congratulations! I would take my sweet time closing the dispute too after all that. Especially with them begging you to. Something must be going on that they want it closed so bad. Maybe too many open disputes is affecting their selling options? Wink

Cool
Download Post  No rating  
dummy

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, I assumed that there is something going on with them, maybe legally. They closed up shop after about 3 weeks of me bickering (along with the rest of the people they screwed likely complaining as well), and I assumed that they re-opened under a new name. Hopefully it finally caught up to them.

Download Post  No rating  
robjones
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

United Kingdom UK Wales
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:46 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That`s interesting, I have had an almost identical email from red-vision this morning. I was conned out of about 90$ for two hacked MP4 players. I have managed to get him to refund me $50 and I keep the players, both 1GB now instead of 8GB and 4GB. I can live with that. But of course once he has refunded my $50 there is nothing to stop me sitting on my hands and not following up. I really dont think I owe him anything. as with your seller dummy, mine hasn`t listed for some time and made his feedback profile private, which means he cant sell. As a matter of interest, there wasn`t any connection with "Tronfy Tech" was there?

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

From my research I came to the conclusion that Tronfy Tech = E-Britain = UGoole = many others. Seems their main shop is that store724 - and they use many aliases.

I am not in a hurry to do anything for them - so I hope he wasn't banking on me to resolve the issue in the near future Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic